I have been using gmail and their imap for a while. i hate it. it is too slow. someone said to disable imap in gmail settings. when i do this my mail does not come to bb at all. i go into verizon bis login page and see that my gmail is set up for mail server imap.gmail.com do i need to re set up all my gmail accounts to get rid of the imap.gmail.com or what do i change it to?
    07-14-09 08:25 AM
    you can make it a pop mail account.. does not help you to make it faster though.
    07-14-09 09:10 AM
    I also have this same problem, and would love any solutions possible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 01:05 PM
    I don't know how slow your guys is but whenever I email something to myself from another email account I usually get it typically anywhere from 3 to about 8 seconds after I hit send. I have mine setup through the email setup wizard on the device. I guess it's pop...never changed anything
    07-14-09 01:06 PM
    I always had issues using pop with gmail. It's more than likely Google's servers are getting slammed. Nothing you can do about that.
    07-14-09 01:07 PM
    I am using imap and my messages always take about 20 minutes before they are pushed down.

07-14-09 04:49 PM
    My gmail is quick. If I send myself an e-mail from another account, I usually get it within 2 or 3 seconds. Real quick if you ask me.....
    07-14-09 10:44 PM
    I get my email on by BB before i get it in my gmail mailbox its so fast.

i would say the delay is at your cell provider not gmail.
    07-14-09 10:46 PM
    my gmail is very quick, 2 or 3 seconds and I have it. Maybe it is related to the 8310 curve. All of us have 8900, bold, storm etc....have you tried resending service books?
    07-14-09 10:49 PM
    maybe just his phone? I get my gmail messages in 2-3 seconds as well. I"ll see one pop up on the desktop and before I can snag it to make it read its already on my phone.
    07-15-09 06:43 AM
    If you disable imap in gmail then you'd need to re-set up the account on your BIS page as it would now be POP3 however this will mean your mail goes back to the usual 15 and 3 minute checks so this certainly wouldn't help you get it quicker.

Re-enable IMAP as this should be near instant with gmail from my understanding however POP3 will never be near instant.

Send gmail support and email and talk to your carrier but if you want faster push you need to stick with IMAP and resolve whatever issue is causing your problem.

07-15-09 11:39 AM
    I changed my account from imap to pop3. I now get almost instant push to my blackberry. I researched this problem though, and I found out that their is a poll every 15 minutes for imap. So your email isn't true push email on imap.

07-15-09 02:00 PM
    Are you sure? If your email supports IMAP Idle then it's more or less instant but if its POP3 then it's the 15 minute poll.

Search through the forum for a post on this bith sith, his article sums up BIS brilliantly

07-15-09 02:21 PM
    my gmail is very quick, 2 or 3 seconds and I have it. Maybe it is related to the 8310 curve. All of us have 8900, bold, storm etc....have you tried resending service books?
    Mine is an 8330 and it's also within seconds.
    07-15-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD