Hi

iPhone 4 user here, just brought a Blackberry Torch as i heard the email was superior and also i like the BB Wordpress app more than the iPhone one.

Both my email addresses are on gmail servers. I would really like to be able to get them pushed and also when i delete on webmail my phone updates and vice versa. I dont really like the gmail app its too basic, how can i do this though the BBMail app.

Thanks

Chris
    12-06-10 08:54 AM
    GMail will be pushed to your phone. All e-mails on BB push (through RIMs servers). If you just open your e-mail from the "Messages" instead of the Gmail, you'll be in the default BBMail app. I have 2 Gmail accounts on my BlackBerry but don't use the GMail app at all. I just hide it. It will mark messages read online if you read it on your BB. If you delete, it gives you the option to delete on the handset and inbox, just the handset, or cancel. It will delete it off the webserver if you chose the first option.
    12-06-10 08:58 AM
    Great answer, is there anyway if i delete on webmail or read on webmail the Blckberry will update, this is a big deal for me.

Thanks
    12-06-10 09:30 AM
    yes it will update, whatever you on the BB or the website will update the other, does it very well also
    12-06-10 05:57 PM
    It's not full 2 way sync. its more a delayed sync

if you read a message on your blackberry, it'll intantly show up as read online.

if you read a message online, it'll take a while before it shows as read on the blackberry. time varies, anywhere from 30 min to 6 hours.
    12-06-10 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD