I am sorry if this has been discussed already, I cannot find anything recent on the forums.

I have Gmail setup on my BB (through BIS) and have calendar and contacts sync between the two (and also my playbook).

When I add or edit a contact on my BB it updates on Google straight away.

When I make any changes on my Google account, it seems to change when it feels like it.

I have read that it can take hours for emails to sync between these so is it the same for calendar and contacts?

I added a contact on my playbook (which is showing on my Google account already) yet after an hour it's still not on my BlackBerry.
    07-08-12 11:44 AM
    That's weird. Things should be showing up instantly no matter what device it is on.
    07-08-12 11:45 AM
    Google's supports docs cover this, and it is performing for you just as they describe. Edits made on your mobile device will updated automatically, edits via the web are delayed slightly (up to a few hours). When I was using BIS sync for Calendar and Contacts, I didn't see any extreme lag for web edits though.
    terry.h likes this.
    07-08-12 11:53 AM
    Google's supports docs cover this, and it is performing for you just as they describe. Edits made on your mobile device will updated automatically, edits via the web are delayed slightly (up to a few hours). When I was using BIS sync for Calendar and Contacts, I didn't see any extreme lag for web edits though.
    Excellent thanks for the clarification.

Do you have a link to the Google support docs? I have been searching for over an hour and haven't found a link to an answer.
    07-08-12 12:03 PM
    Excellent thanks for the clarification.

Do you have a link to the Google support docs? I have been searching for over an hour and haven't found a link to an answer.
    I don't have a direct link...but I remember it took me a long time to find it too. I researched it before I implemented BIS sync so I knew what to expect (sync windows, schedule, etc). If I happen upon it, I'll definitely post back.
    07-08-12 12:14 PM
    Many thanks for the reply.

It's not a major issue because most of the updates I do are done on my BB anyway, however sometimes I grab my PB or computer to update things.

As long as it updates then I'm not too bothered.
    07-08-12 12:18 PM
    The only lag I notice with emails. If I read/sync an email on my PlayBook or Web gmail, it takes a while before it syncs to my BB.

But if I read/delete email on my BB, changes almost happen instant on my PlayBook and Web gmail.
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 07-08-12 at 12:59 PM.
    07-08-12 12:32 PM
    You could try downloading the Google Sync app, it might fix this problem. Its not on the AppWorld, just search it through the browser.
    07-08-12 01:30 PM
    You could try downloading the Google Sync app, it might fix this problem. Its not on the AppWorld, just search it through the browser.
    Google Sync uses the same sync schedules as BIS sync. Not to mention Google has officially EOLed it, so no more support or development.
    07-08-12 07:27 PM
    I know the solution to this: If you are running on WIFI, you should get off it. It is because Google Sync does not work over WIFI, switch over to your BIS 3G network and it will be done within a few minutes. Try it.

It's great to know a solution from personal experience.
    07-09-12 12:19 AM
    I know the solution to this: If you are running on WIFI, you should get off it. It is because Google Sync does not work over WIFI, switch over to your BIS 3G network and it will be done within a few minutes. Try it.

It's great to know a solution from personal experience.
    I thought about whether being connected to wifi had something to do with it or not.

Thanks for the heads up.
    07-09-12 11:37 AM
    Must be a BB only thing. I have never had a problem with Google syncing things over WiFi on my iPhone or Android devices. I'm on WiFi right now and it is syncing. I didn't use Google sync on my BB. Just kept gmail on BIS without sync.
    07-09-12 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD