Could border on "dumb question"...

I use Gmail on the PC for my email ([email protected]). I POP3 from five different accounts ([email protected], [email protected], etc.). On the BB, I have push email set up for all of my accounts including Gmail. So, I get duplicate emails... first they hit [email protected] and then they hit [email protected] after Gmail POP3s the email. It's annoying to say the least...

One semi-solution is to only push the Gmail email to the BB. Two issues here... I would only be able to compose and reply from [email protected]. This won't work for me. Second, the push would be slowed down because Gmail POP3s the emails infrequently.

Another semi-solution is to not use a combined inbox... maybe the Gmail BB app or something like that.. or Gmail inbox on the homescreen and ignore the other email boxes.. but my new email notification count would be off.

Am I overlooking a solution, perhaps an obvious one???? Maybe the BIS upgrade will solve this problem. In any event, it's kinda sucky that it won't work the way I want it to.. no duplicate emails and the ability to compose and reply from every email address.
    02-10-10 10:52 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. I have two gmail accounts ("gmail 1" and "gmail 2"). I have "gmail 2" forwarding messages to "gmail 1" so that I can see all my messages in one place while on the computer. However, my BB will get two copies of the message--one in each inbox because I have an icon set up for both email accounts. How do I keep the forwarding feature for the computer, but stop it for the BB? Does the filter feature on the BB work for this, and if so, how do I set that up? Thanks.
    02-13-10 03:42 PM
    you can filter out the forwarding email account from being pushed to your device log into the bis and add a filter
    02-13-10 04:01 PM
    sorry, i'm kinda new to all this. do you mean...

"add filter" while in gmail 1
    input a "filter name"
    change the "filter on:" drop down box to "to address"???
    enter gmail 2 as the item to filter on
    check off "do not forward message to the device"?

thanks for the help!
    02-13-10 04:29 PM
    I've got a similar problem. I've solved the multiple email issue with the filters. But here's what I can't solve yet. If I want to email someone from one of my 3 email accounts I have 3 options:

1. I use a separate account to do so and in that case I don't have that email shown in my Gmail account where I keep all my email on a desktop
    2. I use a separate account and bcc to my gmail account (which is quite annoying, cause I need to always input that bcc address and I receive copies of my sent emails).
    3. Use Gmail application which is not as good as original BB interface

Question is:

I have set up my Gmail account in my BB. In my Gmail account I can send messages using all my 3 addresses. Can I somehow do the same in my BB - use Gmail account to send emails using other 2 email addresses and keep copies of my emails in both, my BB & my GMail?
    10-31-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD