Did anyone notice Saturday's ROB "Stars and Dogs"? This is a weekly summary of John Heinzl's picks for stocks that have done well, and those that have not.

BlackBerry was one of his Dogs. He asks, "BlackBerry's shares fell this week because a) the company's new windup phone did not go over well with consumers; b)a widespread service outage affected all seven remaining BlackBerry users across North America; c) IBM is teaming with Apple to sell iPhones and iPads loaded with security features and apps taking aim at BlackBerry's target market. Answer: c.

An insult by -once again the Globe- to the entire Waterloo region and those North American who use and love our BlackBerrys.

I wonder how many Apple employees in Canada read the Globe. Perhaps 7.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:06 AM
    The next time one of their telemarketers call to beg you to subscribe, just tell them that you refuse to pay for unprofessional articles that can be written up by any bloggers from the internet. That's my standard reply to the Toronto Stars. I prefer reading the junk for free if I have no choice.
    07-19-14 11:50 AM
    Unfortunately I already subscribe. If my wife would give it up, I would cancel. I find most of the G&M coverage of the company, a major employer in the area and one that could spawn huge benefits to all Canadians, absolutely awful.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 12:54 PM
    Unfortunately I already subscribe. If my wife would give it up, I would cancel. I find most of the G&M coverage of the company, a major employer in the area and one that could spawn huge benefits to all Canadians, absolutely awful.

Posted via CB10
    Before the explosion of Internet. These newspapers use to do real investigating reports. They can't beat them now they join them. It's a sad state of today news reporting because many readers have the attention span of gnats. For anyone that want to get to the meat of any news these days, one has to do the job of the reporters of yesteryear.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-19-14 01:36 PM