In today's Globe and Mail.
    Also, they claim BlackBerry acknowledge that its android devices are not as secure as its bb10 devices running 10.3.3

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle35840810/

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 02:00 AM
    Well there's a surprise...they don't make handsets anymore, so the Canadian government can no longer buy them. Now that's what you call a loyal customer!
    08-01-17 01:18 PM
    No, the "surprise" is that BlackBerry has acknowledged that, for the past two years, they have led their fans here to believe that BlackBerry android was as secure as bb10 or Knox. It isn't, not even after two years of trying hard.
    Just proves how much trust you can place in what Chen has been saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 03:56 PM
    No, the "surprise" is that BlackBerry has acknowledged that, for the past two years, they have led their fans here to believe that BlackBerry android was as secure as bb10 or Knox. It isn't, not even after two years of trying hard.
    Just proves how much trust you can place in what Chen has been saying.

Posted via CB10
    No, they did not mislead anyone. I believe what Chen said initially was they would not abandon BB10 completely until Android could be made as secure as BB10. Obviously that is never happening, but I'm sure Chen regrets saying it. You can add it to his long list of gaffs, such as when he first introduced the PRIV and proclaimed it 'runs Google' as he swept his thumb rightward to a nonexistent Hub...
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-01-17 06:11 PM
    I would have asked why not TCL BlackBerry's but given how poor the roll out of KEYone has been, I probably answered my own question.
    08-01-17 06:57 PM
    No, they did not mislead anyone. I believe what Chen said initially was they would not abandon BB10 completely until Android could be made as secure as BB10. Obviously that is never happening, but I'm sure Chen regrets saying it. You can add it to his long list of gaffs, such as when he first introduced the PRIV and proclaimed it 'runs Google' as he swept his thumb rightward to a nonexistent Hub...
    They may have been better off just selling the parts.
    08-01-17 07:15 PM
    They may have been better off just selling the parts.
    Let's put it this way, unless the Canadian government opened things up, they wouldn't be able to buy BlackBerry (Android) either. So in a way it's actually good news for BlackBerry, not bad...
    08-01-17 08:05 PM
    Read the article this evening and was surprised to learn that Samsung's Knox and BB10 both meet current Canadian government security standards but BlackBerry Android does not? Disappointed, to say the least, especially after BlackBerry / BlackBerry Mobile touting security as being a priority for their handsets.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 10:31 PM
    Samsung went through 2 years of certification testing to get accredited. The Canadian government has to get new phones somewhere, and BlackBerry is out of the phone hardware business. BlackBerry mobile hasn't even been around that long. In time, I expect BlackBerry Mobile to be on the approved list as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 11:01 PM
    Well there's a surprise...they don't make handsets anymore, so the Canadian government can no longer buy them. Now that's what you call a loyal customer!
    There is ANOTHER surprise (to some
    Quoted from the video description:
    "Published on Jun 20, 2017 Samsung is marrying its Samsung KNOX enterprise smartphone framework with BlackBerry’s vaunted security and management software, including BlackBerry UEM, to bring the best security to our shared customers. Learn how."
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=J6oKh3JmnII
    08-02-17 05:16 PM
    There is ANOTHER surprise (to some
    Quoted from the video description:
    "Published on Jun 20, 2017 Samsung is marrying its Samsung KNOX enterprise smartphone framework with BlackBerry’s vaunted security and management software, including BlackBerry UEM, to bring the best security to our shared customers. Learn how."
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=J6oKh3JmnII
    This is great news! If they ever come out with a BlackBerry version of Samsung (as they did with Windows phone) I would buy it in an instant. No BlackBerry branding required. Just give me the BlackBerry apps and their security on solid phone and I'm good to go!
    Last edited by panopticon; 08-02-17 at 10:20 PM.
    08-02-17 09:18 PM