As I was connecting my 4K TV I realized the screen is not glass but plastic which does not affect the display at all. So if these TV which give us magnificent picture quality on a "plastic" screen why are our phones made of glass When We get the same quality from plastic? I prefer a plastic screen that I can add a tempered glass screen protector. No matter the price of a TV these days it will have a plastic screen proving glass does what?
    10-13-18 07:09 PM
    Scratch resistance?, Better capacitive touch?
    10-13-18 07:41 PM
    I disagree all touchscreen laptops work fine and never seen complaints. Glass because of scratch resistant 😂 but it breaks when u drop it lol. If that's the case like I said give me a plastic screen with a tempered glass screen protector.
    10-13-18 09:46 PM
    I disagree all touchscreen laptops work fine and never seen complaints. Glass because of scratch resistant but it breaks when u drop it lol. If that's the case like I said give me a plastic screen with a tempered glass screen protector.
    How many laptop screens do you stick in your pocket along with your keys, pens, coins, knives, and who knows what else? The fact is that a phone screen sees far more abuse than a laptop screen, as normally during transportation, the screen is closed and mostly protected by the laptop body.

There have been phones in the past with Lexan instead of glass, but they scratch up easily and the vast majority of the people don't want that. In a consumer-focused product, what the majority wants almost always wins.
    10-13-18 10:45 PM
    We drop out phones more then our laptops so again I disagree. We drop out phones so we should be more worried about a drop breaking the screen rather then some coins in the pocket. A simple screen protector will fix the pocket issues but a GLASS screen doesn't fix the broken screen. I see it only as a money maker. Give me the plastic unbreakable screen and I will protect it with a screen protector. Problems solved.
    10-14-18 07:17 AM
    We drop out phones more then our laptops so again I disagree. We drop out phones so we should be more worried about a drop breaking the screen rather then some coins in the pocket. A simple screen protector will fix the pocket issues but a GLASS screen doesn't fix the broken screen. I see it only as a money maker. Give me the plastic unbreakable screen and I will protect it with a screen protector. Problems solved.
    There are also issues with plastic screens that people tend to forget about, such as color shifting after prolonged sun exposure.
    10-14-18 02:50 PM