View Poll Results: What do you want your BB10 screen made of?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass

20 76.92%
  • Plastic

6 23.08%
    In the light of Kevin's recent Android destruction, the question needs to be asked. What do you want your BB10 screen made of? I vote plastic, yes it scratches easier, but I've yet to destroy a BlackBerry screen, I even had my old 7290 go off a roof!
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 09-11-12 at 04:44 AM.
    09-11-12 04:37 AM
    I vote glass. Plastics tend to take on a different color and are relatively harder to clean. Just use a case I always say.
    09-11-12 04:48 AM
    I would go with glass, since I almost never drop my phones from height. I would prefer it to be more scratch resistant.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 05:01 AM
    My brothers screen got cracked just from falling from the height of his pocket. His phone has one of the plastic covers that cover the screen and it still cracked since it fell on the left bottom corner. Give me that cover over a plastic screen and I know it won't break or scratch unless your very careless. Oh and he has an sg3.
    09-11-12 05:38 AM
    Whatever produces the best product. Glass is more resistant to minor scratching but more likely to suffer a catastrophic failure.
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-11-12 06:30 AM
    I like Glass better,

my 9790 screen looks like a bunch of scared cats dances across it, though I did shatter a 9900 screen, assuming no shattering the glass holds up better to daily abuse.

that said if the OLED screens can be made slightly flexible then I'd take a plastic screen with flex which hopefully will reduce any scratching
    09-11-12 07:33 AM
    Glass, and I prefer Gorilla!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-12 08:37 AM
    You've seen Kevin's HTC One ? Lol the screen is totally ruined
    09-11-12 09:06 AM
    I honestly wouldn't care since I always have a screen protector to protect against scratches and I use a case to protect the whole phone which would prevent shattering. As long as its a BlackBerry
    09-11-12 09:36 AM
    It would actually be nice to have the option between the two. I haven't looked into it but maybe there is a company that will switch the plastic for glass or vice versa. Options are always good.
    09-11-12 09:41 AM
    You've seen Kevin's HTC One ? Lol the screen is totally ruined
    I shattered my HTC Sensation's screen once, but I still prefer the feel of glass over plastic, and that would be my daily experience. I wouldn't want to give that up over the fact that I *might* suffer an accident that would crack the screen. Plus I wouldn't want to risk getting minor scratches on the plastic screen, and I'm not a big fan of screen protectors. Now I just invest in a good quality case!
    09-11-12 09:54 AM
    i want the stuff they use on space shuttle windows

09-11-12 11:55 AM
    My preference as well.
    09-11-12 12:22 PM
    my bold 9900s screen has held up really good with no scratches and i work in construction so it takes some abuse.

with a scratch resistant coating i think this is the way to go
    09-11-12 02:39 PM
    Glass. It feels and looks better. Sure it can crack, but I have dropped my glass screened phones plenty of times, and once every two years it breaks, but I just get it repaired.
    09-11-12 02:45 PM
    It is a tough choice really. Glass really feels better and is just a higher quality material. On the other hand side, we all know the shatter pictures of all kind of phones. Gorilla Glass doesn't make it better and it ain't really that better in terms of scratch protection. My Gorilla Glass work phone already has a bunch of micro scratches. So I would use a protector anyways.

To all people saying they don't like protectors on the screen: I am actually wondering whats so bad about a high quality screen protectionM especially since obviously quite some people are willing to wrap a well manufactured device into an el-cheapo piece of plastic or silicone, aka a case.
    09-11-12 03:23 PM
    To all people saying they don't like protectors on the screen: I am actually wondering whats so bad about a high quality screen protectionM especially since obviously quite some people are willing to wrap a well manufactured device into an el-cheapo piece of plastic or silicone, aka a case.
    In my experience, screen protectors show scratches worse than the same scratches on the actual glass. Even higher quality screen protectors degrade the picture quality, and don't feel as smooth. Nor do they protect against shatter drops.

Personally, I just run naked and exercise more care.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-11-12 03:36 PM
    Glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD