My BlackBerry is always at my side. I've never been more glad to have it with me than last weekend.

My mother-in-law passed away and I was down in Virginia for the services. The funeral home had a big screen TV and said they could play a memorial DVD if we made one. Conveniently, my wife had both her laptop and printer/scanner with her. She doesn't have much installed on it, but I knew I had Story Maker on my Z10. I spent hours scanning over 300 pictures and within minutes I had a beautiful tribute created. My wife's laptop didn't have the software to burn a video DVD so I burned a data disk with the video. When we arrived at the funeral home before the wake, we tried it, but it gave "Video codec not supported". Thankfully, I had my HDMI cable with me (which I accidentally packed) and we ran the video tribute entirely from my BB. Back at the house afterwards, numerous people asked me how I created such a beautiful video. They seemed amazed when I said I created it all on my BlackBerry.

I'm glad I had my BlackBerry with me during the trip. It enabled me to pay tribute to a truly remarkable woman.
    03-02-15 10:04 AM
    That an amazing story...however my condolences go out to you and your family!

Thanks for posting!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:08 AM
    My condolences to u and family too. StoryMaker has memorialized many special moments for me too. One, when I went home to visit my ailing mom. The video brought tears to her eyes. Then I made one when my daughter retired from gymnastics and it honored her many years of dedication to the sport. The latest was my son's 13th birthday. He loved it. Such a great app.

Posted via Classic
    03-02-15 05:33 PM
    The only thing I didn't care for in Story Maker was that it didn't allow much customization. You couldn't change the type of display (single picture or multiple tiles), the wipes, or the zoom. I also didn't care for the sound it played for the titles. Other than that, it did an incredible job and required very little effort.
    03-03-15 07:14 AM
    Condolences to u and family.

Thanks for sharing your story. I've used the Storymaker app for my cousins wedding and for a company Xmas party. Everyone was amazed. Some further customizations would be nice but overall it does the job and high quality built into BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:31 PM
    Thanks for sharing your story. It makes me feel how reliable and important my BlackBerry is to me too.
    Last edited by thymaster; 03-03-15 at 06:09 PM.
    03-03-15 05:57 PM
    Condolences. I can see that apps like these are very helpful at times like these. Also for keeping memories in a nice way that can be shared. Let's hope BlackBerry continues to update this app.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 05:09 PM
    Condolences. I can see that apps like these are very helpful at times like these. Also for keeping memories in a nice way that can be shared. Let's hope BlackBerry continues to update this app.

Posted via CB10
    +10 for updates. Great app! :-D

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-22-15 07:31 PM
    My condolences and great story.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    03-23-15 08:34 AM
    BB keeps working seamlessly and flawlessly in most people's times of needs. This reminds me of the 9/11 and how the majority of people had issues making phone calls etc, but BBM kept everyone informed and connected to their loved ones.
    03-23-15 08:41 AM