wow gizmodo is just as bad as BGR!!
    their article just a bunch of BS... and the comments are just as ignorant and STUPID!!

http://gizmodo.com/5946246/bb10-adds...ew-people-want

example:
    "I skipped this article to get straight to the comments. And thank gosh I did, it's not that the article is bad, but it's more of the fact that my iPhone has the same stuff, if not better. And trust me when I say this: MY IPHONE BLOWS THIS BLACK BERRY OS OUT OF THE WATER. "

this guy is a MORON!! yes your iphone does everything like gestures and flow and multitasking.. yes u dumb !

i can't stand these people that just don't have anything valuable to add to the technology news!!

yes iphone is a good product
    yes androids are good products

but they have their pros and cons.. why can't everyone just not be open minded to new technology and a different way to use a device..

oh wait.. cause it's RIM people hate.. sigh... so SAD!
    09-25-12 01:43 PM
    Haters gonna hate?
    09-25-12 01:47 PM
    Looks like Engadget is a better place for good, unbiased mainstream BB reporting:

Engadget

Instead of driving hits to dirts such as BGR or Gizmodo, which other mainstream (non-fan) sites have fair reporting that readers can go to?
    Clinto likes this.
    09-25-12 01:55 PM
    3itches gonna 3itch
    SK122387 and esk369 like this.
    09-25-12 01:57 PM
    Ehm, but its a fact that iOS already have multitasking, gestures and flow-like features

(Ignoring the fact that RIM found a fancy name like Flow for what is basically the baked in apps multitasking and complementing each other)

So yeah, while you can get upset at the somewhat snide tone in the article, you can't really fault them for pointing out what everybody already knows: That BB10 is RIM trying to catch up...
    09-25-12 01:57 PM
    I don't necessarily agree with the article, but I'm not sure how much consumers are concerned with "flow" and "hub" as the rest of us.

From the way it seems, all flow is used for is notifications essentially. IMHO I'd rather have my notifications scrolled across the top of the device at all times for pull down as opposed to having to "flow" back just to see it. Glancing at the top of the screen as a notification comes, or pulling it down is just as intuitive, if not more. The multitasking aspects are fresh though.

Another thing that I thought was interesting during the keynote was how they were showing off the Facebook app as if its something amazing. Pulling back between the news feed and profile options aren't really groundbreaking by any means. Other platforms can already do this anyway.

I can definitely see other thing such as the work and personal profiles being an awesome and welcome addition though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ynomrah; 09-25-12 at 02:18 PM.
    Rickroller, howarmat and Syrous44 like this.
    09-25-12 02:10 PM
    To be fair, what you quoted there was a reader's comment, not part of the article from gizmodo. The interwebs is overpopulated with iphone zealots who seem to make their daily rounds adding insignificant commentary to articles dealing with different mobile phones.
    yah i know i quote a comment.. sorry i meant to say example of a comment.. my bad..
    09-25-12 02:11 PM
    I don't necessarily agree with the article, but I'm not sure how much consumers are concerned with "flow" and "hub" as the rest of us.

From the way it seems, all flow is used for is notifications essentially. IMHO I'd rather have my notifications scrolled across the top of the device at all times for pull down as opposed to having to "flow" back just to see it. Glancing at the top of the screen as a notification comes, or pulling it down is just as intuitive, if not more.

Another thing that I thought was interesting during the keynote was how they were showing off the Facebook as if its something amazing. Pulling back between the news feed as profile options aren't really groundbreaking by any means. Other platforms can already do this anyway.

Click to view quoted image

I can definitely see other thing such as the work and personal profiles being an awesome and welcome addition though.

fair insite.. i didn't see the facebook part.. my S3's FB app does look similar and it does do the flow type movement.. but on the S3 i have to touch that icon on the top left..

with the large 4.8 screen it's hard to touch that part of the screen on my S3
    the ability to use a gesture to pull it back and then back again is much easier IMHO..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-25-12 at 02:16 PM.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-25-12 02:12 PM
    Ehm, but its a fact that iOS already have multitasking, gestures and flow-like features

(Ignoring the fact that RIM found a fancy name like Flow for what is basically the baked in apps multitasking and complementing each other)

So yeah, while you can get upset at the somewhat snide tone in the article, you can't really fault them for pointing out what everybody already knows: That BB10 is RIM trying to catch up...
    It was my understanding, (and I'm positive you'll correct me if I'm mistaken) that iOS doesn't have actual multitasking. As for gestures - the iOS gestures used to be awkward/clumsy. Have they changed ... and if they did, gee I wonder where they got that idea? :
    09-25-12 02:14 PM
    Yeah but within BB10 you can do that via a gesture, and not have to click and wait for it to slide, tiny little ease of use things
    hpjrt and sleepngbear like this.
    09-25-12 02:15 PM
    It was my understanding, (and I'm positive you'll correct me if I'm mistaken) that iOS doesn't have actual multitasking. As for gestures - the iOS gestures used to be awkward/clumsy. Have they changed ... and if they did, gee I wonder where they got that idea? :
    Your understanding is flawed. IOS is perfectly capable of multitasking.

To the OP and anyone complaining about the article: stop reading gizmodo. You'll thank me.
    pantlesspenguin and kozmo68 like this.
    09-25-12 02:19 PM
    So when my son is doing something on his iPhone and a call comes in, said call "app" doesn't take over the whole screen precluding him from continuing what he was doing while on that call?. He'll be interested to hear that.
    09-25-12 02:22 PM
    Haters gonna hate?
    Nobody hates Blackberry, we feel sorry for them. They are almost a sunk ship, and its sad to see people still clinging to them on the way to the bottom of the ocean. The end is near for BB. As more and more companies move away from BB, it will be impossible for them to stay afloat with the few devoted users that are now left.
    uli2000 likes this.
    09-25-12 02:26 PM
    fair insite.. i didn't see the facebook part.. my S3's FB app does look similar and it does do the flow type movement.. but on the S3 i have to touch that icon on the top left..

with the large 4.8 screen it's hard to touch that part of the screen on my S3
    the ability to use a gesture to pull it back and then back again is much easier IMHO..
    I guess it just depends on how comfortable you are with navigating your device one handed. I have a galaxy note and can still type, and navigate great one handed. But sure, I suppose not having to press that button, for what its worth, is a little easier. But still certainly nothing to show at a press conference that's for sure.

Main point for me is their notification system seems very flawed from what was shown, and could possibly be a step backwards.

Last edited by Ynomrah; 09-25-12 at 02:35 PM.
    09-25-12 02:31 PM
    So when my son is doing something on his iPhone and a call comes in, said call "app" doesn't take over the whole screen precluding him from continuing what he was doing while on that call?. He'll be interested to hear that.
    Then I have good news for your son. You can minimize the call screen and continue to use your phone normally, with the only difference being a small bar at the top of the screen saying "Touch to return to call.'

Very handy for using speakerphone or the included microphone/headset combo.

Here's a three year old video:
    djrupey likes this.
    09-25-12 02:36 PM
    If this were ip6,the media would be having orgasms.
    09-25-12 02:42 PM
    Your understanding is flawed. IOS is perfectly capable of multitasking.
    It was my understanding that true multitasking only extended as far as native iPhone apps.
    That's probably a huge majority of most people's usage though.

But please do correct me if I'm wrong. I really hate spreading misinformation.
    LAZYMAN 91 likes this.
    09-25-12 02:44 PM
    When are we going to realize the media DON'T WANT RIM TO BE HERE. They think that the market is only big enough for Android and Apple possibly windows phone but they don't want RIM to still exist.

What we saw today was innovation IMO what Android and Apple are going to lack in the future. They are thinking about users flowing in between apps, documents etc cause that's what they are trying to change and be unique to themselves.

Recently I've just gotten an update for IOS 6 and there isn't really anything different about it besides the new outlook on the media player and settings it hasn't even solved user issues.

I won't be surprised if Technobuffalo will shoot down this cause they are biased over there. Just know RIM has grown and haters will hate.
    09-25-12 02:51 PM

Hold on : The most of the *few* features we saw on the videos are just the RIM catch up, in fact, but the flow ? Even if I have never owned personaly an IOS device, I'm surrounded by people who do, and except the simple gesture to switch between horizontals applications pages, I don't know how you can state that Apple has really flow-like gestures or just decent multitasking (I don't consider pressin a button and tap or an other icon like multitasking). Could you be more accurate on what you're trying to say ?
    sf49ers, xiaohuaxing and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-25-12 02:53 PM
    It was my understanding that true multitasking only extended as far as native iPhone apps.
    That's probably a huge majority of most people's usage though.

But please do correct me if I'm wrong. I really hate spreading misinformation.
    Wrong. There are lots of apps that support multitasking on iOS6 with my iphone 4. Not limited to native.
    09-25-12 02:53 PM
    I guess it just depends on how comfortable you are with navigating your device one handed. I have a galaxy note and can still type, and navigate great one handed. But sure, I suppose not having to press that button, for what its worth, is a little easier. But still certainly nothing to show at a press conference that's for sure.

Main point for me is their notification system seems very flawed from what was shown, and could possibly be a step backwards.

it might not flow into the fb nav window.. u might have to press the same icon.. the reason the FB looks similar is FB probably works with these companies and wants a unified look..

i could be wrong..
    09-25-12 02:57 PM
    Nobody hates Blackberry, we feel sorry for them. They are almost a sunk ship, and its sad to see people still clinging to them on the way to the bottom of the ocean. The end is near for BB. As more and more companies move away from BB, it will be impossible for them to stay afloat with the few devoted users that are now left.
    By any chance, can you provide the lottery numbers for next week's jackpot? Clearly, your clairvoyance and analytical ability are approaching "God-Like" status.
    09-25-12 02:58 PM
    Isn't that the Facebook interface that Zuckerberg was giving his team new phones to use because of how "well" it worked? Just saying...
    09-25-12 03:01 PM
    When are we going to realize the media DON'T WANT RIM TO BE HERE. They think that the market is only big enough for Android and Apple possibly windows phone but they don't want RIM to still exist.

What we saw today was innovation IMO what Android and Apple are going to lack in the future. They are thinking about users flowing in between apps, documents etc cause that's what they are trying to change and be unique to themselves.

Recently I've just gotten an update for IOS 6 and there isn't really anything different about it besides the new outlook on the media player and settings it hasn't even solved user issues.

I won't be surprised if Technobuffalo will shoot down this cause they are biased over there. Just know RIM has grown and haters will hate.
    I, personally, don't see how iOS and Android have anything that's similar to "Peek" and "Flow". However, even if they did, how is RIM doing anything different than Apple? From my standpoint, a lot of the hype that surrounds iPhone and iOS releases is around features that have been around for years that Apple takes, puts iOS make-up on, calls a new name, and makes the world think they invented. Why should RIM take a hit if what they're doing is what the competition is doing (which, by the way, I don't believe)?
    09-25-12 03:02 PM
    Now that's just ignorant.

BBOS is flawed in several ways. Many users & corporations are sick of its issues.
    But terms like "many" or "most" or "more and more" are being used to sweep away attention from actual information.

They are not almost a sunk ship. They have a huge cash reserve. Their business is down, way down, but where they are isn't unrecoverable.
    Some analysts have changed RIM from a Sell to a Buy.

If BB10 doesn't rock with both its hardware and its firmware, I'll probably jump ship myself.

The thing that annoys so many of us isn't that people don't like the same phone we do. It's the blatantly ignorant comments like yours which making sweeping, unfounded generalizations.

But you keep believing everything you read. And don't forget your friend in Nigeria that needs your help at the bank.
    It is pretty cool though that Bigfoot is using his new white iPhone 5 to call Elvis' ghost on Mars.
    09-25-12 03:02 PM
141 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD