I make no bones about it, I am in it for a New "Top of the Line" BlackBerry Flagship Phone running the latest version of BlackBerry 10.3..whatever, it doesn't matter, I want BlackBerry.

But given John Chen's comments in reference to the new business philosophy at BlackBerry, I'm up in the air whether we'll see one any time soon.

From my understanding, BlackBerry has somewhat shifted focus towards the emerging markets in Indonesia, Africa and Latin America were Mr. Chen feels BlackBerry has more of an advantage.

He's also refocused on business users in such sectors as Healthcare , Government, Regulatory and the Legal fields, etc. And in those sectors BlackBerry will concentrate on security and software development.

And he also states his chief focus is in bringing in the cash that can be reinvested.
    Possibly by reallocating funds from the Hardware Divisions and making up the difference through business collaborations and partnerships.
    (We've heard rumors about co-ventures with Samsung and we've seen collaborations with Foxconn).

So given that's the case, what's the chances of convincing BlackBerry that "Business Professionals" still would desire a device made of solid construction, housing the latest in mobile technology and security features, and not just a single purpose business device, or a dumbed down( limited functionality ) business user's version.

Because I believe, BlackBerry Business Users (BBU's) don't want one phone for work and another phone for home, one mainstream multi-functional device would do the trick.

Perhaps a device that fits in your pocket, with a large battery life powering a spacious display, that I could use in landscape mode for working-wide.

And since BlackBerry and Typo have come to an agreement, why not throw in a slide-out physical keyboard (if you like, since no one else will be) and the industry standard flagship camera specs (to satisfy the loyal, while quieting the detractors) , along with privacy software to compliment the BlackBerry Balance Concept used on BES.

A phone that eliminates the need to carry another or any other mobile platform device.
    That would still be in line with BlackBerry Corporate Philosophy.

Basically, stop fishing for Killer Whales using a bamboo rod, a small hook and 2/5 of a fish for bait . A big catch needs to take in the whole fish to chew in order to really get hooked. So how about a device that everyone can sink there teeth into.

A long time ago, ten fishermen figured out that each could land a small catch using one pole to feed their individual families one meal. Or they could come together and land a whale to feed the whole village for a while .
    Let's feed the village.

So I'm asking, am I the only one who thinks a full featured phone can be used for work, just as well as at home.
    And is that asking for too much?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 06-01-15 at 04:51 PM.
    Nick Spagnolo and bakron1 like this.
    06-01-15 04:35 PM
    I do believe that the slider is coming out at the end of the year which is supposed to be high end. If will have both a virtual and physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 05:41 PM
    I think the classic and Passport was their offering towards business. I doubt they'd come out with a slider, why would they if the Classic and Passport didn't reach their sales targets towards business consumers. Blackberry might get out of the handset business altogether and just focus on security platforms.
    06-02-15 12:28 AM
    Because I believe, BlackBerry Business Users (BBU's) don't want one phone for work and another phone for home, one mainstream multi-functional device would do the trick.
    What BlackBerry users want probably isn't going to get anyone too excited, particularly, the carriers who must agree to support and carry the device or it will be dead in the water.

For enterprise features and consumer features to exist on the same smartphone then the enterprise devices must adopt consumer features/apps or the consumer smartphones need to adopt enterprise features/apps. It's clear that the latter has already happened while the former is not going to happen.
    06-02-15 12:51 AM