I am sorry this happened. I actually got mad about this but not for the same reason as some. I got angry because I can't find a job and we may lose our house too. But there are so many in this situation. It is so frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 12:05 PM
    Ps I am not asking for anything. My point is there are probably several in the same situation.

10-29-08 12:07 PM
    Ps I am not asking for anything. My point is there are probably several in the same situation.

money is tight for everyone right now and it just sucks that someone would take advantage of others situations, for their own personal gain.

10-29-08 12:16 PM
    Does this mean people who donated could get their money back?
    I thought PayPal is pretty strict about scams that are processed through them. Maybe they can help do something about it.

What a terrible thing to do.
    10-29-08 01:08 PM

can't trust anyone anymore huh??
    I think that's going a bit too far. Maybe not people who have only made 40 posts and then ask for money...

But you shouldn't build a community of distrust just because of one ****hole (I'm British, hence 4 ****'s ) even though a little skepticism never hurt anybody.
    10-29-08 01:23 PM
    I recall when this post appeared. Like many of you, I was skeptical. And even after this individual was vouched for, I was still skeptical. The great thing about skeptisicm is that one is not forced to reach into their pocket, wallet or purse.... its a choice to give.

Those of you that did give, please dont condemn the scammer too badly. No one would have known from the start that this was a scam in the making and you gave because of the type of people you are.

The post that audit left behind, for lack of a better word, was unnecessary. It doesnt take a bunch of filfthy words or put downs to say what you feel. This is the same person who had the nerve to tell the OP to "edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight."

Well, let me be the 1st to say that this babbling you did wasnt impressive to me at all. "The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly." Funny, you said all this to someone that hasnt been around for quite some time.
    10-29-08 06:57 PM

The post that audit left behind, for lack of a better word, was unnecessary. It doesnt take a bunch of filfthy words or put downs to say what you feel. This is the same person who had the nerve to tell the OP to "edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight."

Well, let me be the 1st to say that this babbling you did wasnt impressive to me at all. "The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly." Funny, you said all this to someone that hasnt been around for quite some time.
    And I'm supposed to be impressed with your fancy font and wording? Give me a break, I know a lot more about this situation then you ever could dream of and I also have earned the right to say what I want, when I want on these forums and any other BB related forums. So if you don't like it then don't read it.

As for saying it to someone that hasn't been around for quite some time, I know that he's been around and reading the posts on all the forums as FACT!
    10-29-08 07:27 PM
    I vouched for Him!! I had many phone convos with him, countess emails, many many BBM convos.

I have been aprised of the situation for sometime. when it was first realized this was a scam I became sick to my stomach and spent many nights awake troubled by his actions. I regret vouching for him but hindsight is 20/20.

This in no way will discourage me from helping those in need when I can.

I have helped many people at several BB related forums. I will continue to do so.

Karma will get him! what goes around comes around!!!
    10-29-08 07:46 PM
    This may be a bad time to ask, but does the individual in question still need donations? Although what Nick did was truly heinous and will certainly make people reluctant to donate, we cannot lose sight of the original goal of this thread: to save a CBer in need. If they still need funds, hopefully Kevin or Crucial can set something up.

As for those who vouched for Nick, we can't blame them. People who have shown they're trustworthy in the past usually don't end up throwing that all away to make some dirty money but it's like they say with stocks: "past performance is no indication of future performance".

And finally, thank you to Horizon for continuing with the "giveaway" in light of the fact it was a scam. Hopefully, we, as a community, can simply move beyond this, continue to help those in need, and keep an eye on developments in this case.
    10-29-08 08:14 PM
    Does this mean people who donated could get their money back?
    PayPals Dispute Resolution Center will not process disputes of payments unless it was an ACTUAL Item not recieved or an item recieved not as discribed so NO, PayPal won't help.

As for the person who commented about trusting a person with only 40 posts.... he had over 2000 on BBF so he had a lot of credibilty thats why many donated.
    10-29-08 11:18 PM
    And I'm supposed to be impressed with your fancy font and wording? Give me a break, I know a lot more about this situation then you ever could dream of and I also have earned the right to say what I want, when I want on these forums and any other BB related forums. So if you don't like it then don't read it.

As for saying it to someone that hasn't been around for quite some time, I know that he's been around and reading the posts on all the forums as FACT!
    Hmmm....must have hit a nerve.
    10-30-08 05:10 AM
    PayPals Dispute Resolution Center will not process disputes of payments unless it was an ACTUAL Item not recieved or an item recieved not as discribed so NO, PayPal won't help.

As for the person who commented about trusting a person with only 40 posts.... he had over 2000 on BBF so he had a lot of credibilty thats why many donated.
    Exactly. And this is one of the main reasons why its so hard to decide what to do. Forums like this contain many of the same members so someone is going to know you or think they do. Great point barb.
    10-30-08 05:15 AM
    thats a good start audit! theres a special place for ******* like that!
    10-30-08 05:44 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD