You all are fuccing nuts to tell this guy to go to a BB over an iphone. I don't even own an iPhone (my wife does on Verizon) nor do I really care for that phone but to switch it out for a BB? You guys are out of your minds.
    Keep the iPhone; RIM/BB, however you want to look at it, blows. If you switch, get some type of Droid.
    Edit:And for the record, BBM is so over-rated.
    as for the BBM comment, i know for a fact 4 young family members who are hooked into BBM. age range is from 12-17, which makes me worry.
    Anyway, i don't think Fukc Meyer, the brother of John.. read the OP's need to get in touch with friends that are overseas.
    BBM is a lot cheaper than International SMS.
    02-24-11 07:15 PM
    Unless you use your blackberry as a work device than I may say maybe. If your using it as a personal device. Run away. Run far far away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 09:56 PM
    Use the device and figure it out yourself. Do not make a decision based off of what other people tell you. Especially ones you do not know that are online.

Test drive a BB for 30 days and see if you like it, if not, return it.
    There's no "figuring it out"... The hacked out virtual keyboard tells the dark tale of death right off the bat.. We aren't living in some hello kitty world where the unicorn iphone run rampant.. Get a BB and you wont regret it

Jake Storm likes this.
    02-24-11 10:10 PM
    For international use BBM is definately the most cost effective way to go. I've got an incredible as my personal phone and a bold for work, but honestly my BBM friends are dropping like flies and going to other platforms. You're going to have this device for another yr or two so get what works and fits your needs best.
    02-24-11 10:51 PM
    Unless you use your blackberry as a work device than I may say maybe. If your using it as a personal device. Run away. Run far far away.

Sorry Darkman - bad advice. The BB is the superior communication device period. If this is the OP's need, then so be it. Surf the web on a laptop/netbook. It's all about the trade-offs.

02-24-11 10:59 PM

I'm using my BB as a personal device, and it's just wonderful. A BB is a perfectly legitimate personal device. As people have stated over and over, it depends on your needs and wants. Telling someone to "run away" is, in my not-humble opinion, just plain silly.

And if you were really interested in assisting the OP, you might come up with a constructive alternative. Just saying.
    Fatoomah likes this.
    02-24-11 11:32 PM
    With OS 6 the browser is actually decent now. Since i went from my Droid Eris to my Bold, I'm actually satisfied because I can do just about as much as I could before but also now type a heck of a lot faster. I missed the keyboard.
    02-25-11 04:24 AM
    Yes, give up your toy and get a real phone.
    02-25-11 08:50 AM
    There's no "figuring it out"... The hacked out virtual keyboard tells the dark tale of death right off the bat.. We aren't living in some hello kitty world where the unicorn iphone run rampant.. Get a BB and you wont regret it

So because you are unable to type on a virtual keyboard, it is "hacked out"? I type faster on the iPhones keyboard than I did on my Bold 9000 which IMO has the best BB keyboard in the business. I am not slow at typing either.

There are plenty of way to figure it out. One, by whatever fits your needs best. Two, if it fits your wants as well, and three, by whichever OS you like more and find more useful for you. Once again, I am sorry you are unable to figure these things out for yourself, shopping must be a nightmare for you.

And for everyone saying the iPhone is a bad phone, it isn't. Maybe you are just on a bad carrier. The VZW iPhone makes the AT&T iPhone look like a joke in terms of call quality, signal strength and even battery life in some areas is much improved. I would know, I have owned every iPhone besides the orignal.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-25-11 at 02:04 PM.
    02-25-11 02:01 PM
    Lmao ur asking a BB fourm if you should switch to BB or not
    02-25-11 02:08 PM
    You all are fuccing nuts to tell this guy to go to a BB over an iphone. I don't even own an iPhone (my wife does on Verizon) nor do I really care for that phone but to switch it out for a BB? You guys are out of your minds.
    Keep the iPhone; RIM/BB, however you want to look at it, blows. If you switch, get some type of Droid.
    Edit:And for the record, BBM is so over-rated.
    +1 to true.
    02-25-11 03:06 PM
    Lmao ur asking a BB fourm if you should switch to BB or not
    You would be surprised how many Apple/Android fanbois are on here.
    02-26-11 12:47 AM
    You would be surprised how many Apple/Android fanbois are on here.
    i think it's about time to change the name of the site.
    02-26-11 01:29 AM
    And for everyone saying the iPhone is a bad phone, it isn't. Maybe you are just on a bad carrier. The VZW iPhone makes the AT&T iPhone look like a joke in terms of call quality, signal strength and even battery life in some areas is much improved. I would know, I have owned every iPhone besides the orignal.
    A joke? Funny that you didn't mention that your network was proven to be twice as slow as AT&T's when they did tests with the iPhone 4.
    02-26-11 07:53 AM
    i think it's about time to change the name of the site.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Droidlovers or Crackdroids. We're constantly reminded by these superior thinking individuals how dumb we are for our choices.
    02-26-11 07:59 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more. Droidlovers or Crackdroids. We're constantly reminded by these superior thinking individuals how dumb we are for our choices.
    Yeah! It seems there are only 5 people in the forum who actually owns a Blackberry, and that includes us. Ha ha!

02-26-11 11:37 AM
    A joke? Funny that you didn't mention that your network was proven to be twice as slow as AT&T's when they did tests with the iPhone 4.
    I haven't mentioned speed because that is not a general complaint. Call quality, signal strength and battery have always been the complaints about the iPhone, not network speed.

I don't care how fast the network is, my calls dropped almost 1 out of every 5 calls placed on AT&T, and I live in an excellent 3G/HSPA+ coverage area. 5 bars and low dBm everywhere I went.
    02-26-11 12:05 PM
    You guys are awesome. Always defending your sweet Blackberrys. They are so out of date and so behind time but everyone always find reasons to defend theses pieces of crap. Usually the people who defend them are usually the people aren't eligible for an upgrade or just can't afford one. So you defend a crappy phone trying to justify to yourself why it's so great. And I'll even go this far and say my POS Storm 2 does everything I need it to but I've never had a nice phone that can do other **** than BBM and get emails in .034 seconds so I never knew what I was missing. After playing with the iPhone, I realize more now how big of crap this phone is. And funny thing is I don't even care for iPhones; but I would take it any day over a BB. Yeah, this phone makes phone calls and "first and foremost" it's a phone, but to say these phones are great is ridiculous. But carry on worshipping these crappy *** phones cause I know it helps you all sleep at night.
    02-26-11 12:12 PM
    You guys are awesome. Always defending your sweet Blackberrys. They are so out of date and so behind time but everyone always find reasons to defend theses pieces of crap. Usually the people who defend them are usually the people aren't eligible for an upgrade or just can't afford one. So you defend a crappy phone trying to justify to yourself why it's so great. And I'll even go this far and say my POS Storm 2 does everything I need it to but I've never had a nice phone that can do other **** than BBM and get emails in .034 seconds so I never knew what I was missing. After playing with the iPhone, I realize more now how big of crap this phone is. And funny thing is I don't even care for iPhones; but I would take it any day over a BB. Yeah, this phone makes phone calls and "first and foremost" it's a phone, but to say these phones are great is ridiculous. But carry on worshipping these crappy *** phones cause I know it helps you all sleep at night.
    Really? I mean really? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to fire back at this one or not. Personally it's just a phone. I had a decent Android phone (Droid Eris running custom ROMs and everything, overclocked and running smooth) but still came back. Why? Because BBs have nice keyboards and are actually able to do all I need for the most part. I mean yes I can't play Angry Birds, but outside of truncated emails I can do all I want on this phone. And at least I figured out a work around with using my regular web mail for now.
    02-26-11 01:15 PM
    Yea, I've been thinking the same thing really. I'm not one to point fingers and call anyomes names, but really that post of his just stank of idiocy and a complete lack of understanding. The first thing that came to my mind was 'STFU, because apparently you have no idea what a Blackberry is capable of if you're thinking an iphone is capable of more.
    It's relative to interest and need, so unless you want to start yet another thread for the express purpose of bashing my beautiful communication device, stay on track with what the OP originally intended for this thread.

02-26-11 01:22 PM
    Yea, I've been thinking the same thing really. I'm not one to point fingers and call anyomes names, but really that post of his just stank of idiocy and a complete lack of understanding. The first thing that came to my mind was 'STFU, because apparently you have no idea what a Blackberry is capable of if you're thinking an iphone is capable of more.
    It's relative to interest and need, so unless you want to start yet another thread for the express purpose of bashing my beautiful communication device, stay on track with what the OP originally intended for this thread.

i'm with you.. totally.
    but don't you find it funny that "they" can't seem to move on?
    Do what i do, Ignore list
    02-26-11 01:26 PM
    I can see it now---Meyer makes a few more similar posts, and BAM, the thread is destined to get closed down (and rightfully so, IMO).
    02-26-11 01:27 PM
    There we go, keep defending your phones. You guys are so defensive!
    I'm not saying BB doesn't function and do what it does but to say it's up to par with other phones "because it does everything I need it to do" is ********. In the end RIM is falling way behind. Just look through some of these threads. I bet over half are people complaing on how much RIM blows and how they hate their BB and how they can't wait to move on.
    02-26-11 01:42 PM
    I'm not being defensive. I'm being honest. Sheez. Go troll another thread. I have honestly used all three platforms enough to form my opinion thank you.
    02-26-11 02:09 PM
    You're welcome. PM Me your address. I have a nice fresh baked cookie and a gold star for you.
    02-26-11 02:25 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD