i have an iphone 4 right now and honsetly i dont even use most of the apps it has....i dont play games that often only when im really really bored...im thinking of getting a blackberry because all my friends have it nd they all have bbm and i have a big group of friends going to study abroad soon and they all have blackberrys. is it worth it to give up my ip4 to get a blackberry? im thinking the bold cause i kinda want a keyboard again.
    02-23-11 12:42 PM
    Yes, get BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 01:32 PM
    YES it is totally worth it and this is how I know, I was in the same boat as you except I had an android phone all I did was email, browse the web and text A LOT in which androids Virtual keyboard did horrible at. All my friends had BBs and so I decided to switch from Andorid and went back to BB. But this time I bought the Blackberry Bold 9650 (running os 6) and let me tell you I don't regret or miss Android AT ALL. So do it you will be glad you did I sure am!
    02-23-11 01:35 PM
    i have an iphone 4 right now and honsetly i dont even use most of the apps it has....i dont play games that often only when im really really bored...im thinking of getting a blackberry because all my friends have it nd they all have bbm and i have a big group of friends going to study abroad soon and they all have blackberrys. is it worth it to give up my ip4 to get a blackberry? im thinking the bold cause i kinda want a keyboard again.
    Get a bb, they are still the king of the communication market. Plus, if your friends all have bbm you'll love it.
    02-23-11 01:45 PM
    Use the device and figure it out yourself. Do not make a decision based off of what other people tell you. Especially ones you do not know that are online.

Test drive a BB for 30 days and see if you like it, if not, return it.
    02-23-11 01:48 PM
    You can still keep your iphone as a cool toy...with wifi it will bascally be an ipod touch that's a bit heavier with a better camera.

You also don't have to worry about your battery when you play with it.

Checkout the market place here on crackberry or other avenues....you can get a blackberry.

A quick look shows verizon selling the 9650 for $149 with contract (must be upgrade elligible)...you also pay the sales tax on the full retail price (ballpark $25). You can get a a 9650 for around $200-$250 out of contract easily.

Or you could likely sell the iphone 4 for a nice profit and buy a blackberry and come out ahead.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 02-23-11 at 02:11 PM.
    02-23-11 02:06 PM
    I made the transition from iPhone4 back to BlackBerry, and it wasn't hard, in fact, it was very easy. You have to make the decision though, no one here can make it for you. For communication, I would say BlackBerry is king, especially with all of your friends on BBM. Go try one out at your local providers store, and then let it begin. You should be able to easily sell the iPhone 4 if you want to, and have more than enough to get a lightly used BB. Which provider are you with?
    02-23-11 06:42 PM
    You all are fuccing nuts to tell this guy to go to a BB over an iphone. I don't even own an iPhone (my wife does on Verizon) nor do I really care for that phone but to switch it out for a BB? You guys are out of your minds.
    Keep the iPhone; RIM/BB, however you want to look at it, blows. If you switch, get some type of Droid.
    Edit:And for the record, BBM is so over-rated.
    Last edited by meyer; 02-23-11 at 07:12 PM.
    02-23-11 07:09 PM
    I think you should get the one that best meets your needs and what you will use it for.

I love my Torch and I love BBM
    02-23-11 07:23 PM
    I love BBM. I got my mom, sister, and two co-workers to switch to a Torch since I got mine back in November.

Make the decision yourself. I owned the iPhone3G and didn't like it at all. It's all about what YOUR needs are. Like others have said, try it out for 30 days and if you don't like it, return it.
    02-23-11 08:18 PM
    bbm is overrated and most people just text anyways i have a torch and i love it and alot of friends have blackberries too but still dont use bbm. i did buy my torch because i thought bbm was gonna be awesome but i had to make a group for a gm truck forum site so i have something to use bbm for
    02-23-11 08:20 PM
    Find out how many of your friends gave up their iPhone4 for a BlackBerry. To me it sounds like you are a prime candidate for one. I have an iPod Touch on the side to keep me entertained (read Angry Birds ).

In your own words...

"honestly i dont even use most of the apps it has....i dont play games that often only when im really really bored...im thinking the bold cause i kinda want a keyboard again."

that spells BlackBerry to me. Just make sure you get top dollar for you iPhone if you sell it!
    02-23-11 08:36 PM
    You all are fuccing nuts to tell this guy to go to a BB over an iphone. I don't even own an iPhone (my wife does on Verizon) nor do I really care for that phone but to switch it out for a BB? You guys are out of your minds.
    Keep the iPhone; RIM/BB, however you want to look at it, blows. If you switch, get some type of Droid.
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

02-23-11 08:45 PM
    You sir are a genius!
    02-23-11 09:15 PM
    If you want a keyboard, BlackBerry is the best in the business. Period.
    BBM is a nice bonus.

Sell your iPhone. avt123 says you can get $700 for it. Then buy a BlackBerry and make a tidy profit.

I tried the iPhone. Twice.
    The wife loves it (all the cutesy apps), I'll never buy another one. The BlackBerry is a better phone for sure. Better reception and better call quality. There's no disputing that. I've proven that multiple times in comparison with other iPhones.
    If you really miss the apps/multimedia, you can get an iPod Touch or better yet a BlackBerry PlayBook to go with your BlackBerry phone.
    02-23-11 09:58 PM
    Um can you say troll. We are all speaking from personal experience, and btw it is a fact that a Blackberry is the best communication device
    02-23-11 10:34 PM
    02-24-11 01:50 AM
    LOL! Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel??? LOL!!

FTR, I have an S2 that I'm biding my time with until I can get a 4G Android, and really, the Jesus phone ISN'T all that great IMO. Therefore, I don't think it's unreasonable that some people might prefer a BB over the Jesus phone. Cheers.
    02-24-11 02:33 AM

How about we keep the epenis in our pants and stop waving it around like it's a flag? There's no need for the negativity.
    To the OP, I'd say take a look at what you like about the iphone and then compare that to what YOU want out of a phone. Personally I love my Torch and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good, solid device.

Ferretling likes this.
    02-24-11 06:59 AM
    Lmao at the people saying BBM is overrated. ANYway. Get the BB. #CauseJeyHardSaidSo!
    Follow me on Twitter.. JeyHard_TheGr8. I follow back

02-24-11 07:24 AM
    I got a Blackberry against my friends advice. I have never looked back. All of them LOVED droid and their iphones.

I don't have fragmentation issues and I get updates regularly. I love the keyboard and the web browser (os 6.) BBM is NOT overrated.

Take the plunge.
    02-24-11 03:52 PM
    I have an iPod Touch and used to use it a lot for browsing and facebook etc. Since I got my BB last month I've only touched (sorry) by iPod for music. I love my BB, especially the keyboard. I have many friends that have iPhones that are a little bit jealous of me now.

Whatever you do though, keep your iPhone for music and the good camera it has like the other post said. Whatever you do though you've got a pretty cool gadget.
    02-24-11 03:57 PM
    I have an iPod Touch and used to use it a lot for browsing and facebook etc. Since I got my BB last month I've only touched (sorry) by iPod for music. I love my BB, especially the keyboard. I have many friends that have iPhones that are a little bit jealous of me now.

Whatever you do though, keep your iPhone for music and the good camera it has like the other post said. Whatever you do though you've got a pretty cool gadget.
    I had owned a Touch for a couple years when I bought a Storm. At first I used the Touch a lot in conjunction with the MiFi that I had purchased months prior to the Storm, but the cost of using the MiFi was exorbitant, so I ate the ETF and shelved the MiFi. That cut my usage way down on the Touch, but later on, I bought the Touch 4G which I use more than my S2, because the screen is gorgeous and I've gotten in the habit of doing more things on it, as a consequence. Still doesn't make me want an iPhone though. I prefer having two different platforms, be it Android and the Touch or BB and the Touch. I wish RIM could get a totally revamped OS out the door soon--something from TAT, sitting on QNX.
    02-24-11 04:11 PM
    I recently switched back to BB from a Moto Driod. The Droid was a great device as I am sure the iPhone is, but was just too much for my needs. Great that we have so many operating system choices versus just a few years ago.

If you are sure you want to go BB, perhaps waiting to see what new models and release dates are coming up is a good option. Some interesting new models are in the roadmap like the bold touch screen, etc.
    02-24-11 05:12 PM
    The only reason I'd have an iPhone over a BlackBerry would be if you do a lot of web browsing, the iPhone has a snappier browser (for now, until we get the new BB's).
    02-24-11 07:04 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD