It's funny to see almost the entire first page of CB devoted entirely to the 9800 and every tiny detail of it and OS6. After a week drenched in controversy over Android taking the lead in handset share and Blackberry users waiting to jump ship, here on CB the minions have resorted to glamorizing the 9800 as if it is the saving grace.

Please. Spare me and the rest of us.

The Blackberry is outdated. The OS is STILL old fashioned and outdated.

Almost everything about the NEW flagship is laughable. The screen size and resolution is absurd compared to almost every new smartphone to hit market.

The memory is still a joke. The apps are still a joke.

And here at CB the legions of followers have resorted to comedic measures trying desperately glamorize the new Torch in order to save Blackberry from its inevitable doom.

RIM needed a truly innovative device with features that at the very least would compete with market competition. That didn't happen.

Why is the home page of CB littered with everything from a review that's a mile long and clearly biased to unboxing videos?

I mean really, who wants to sit through watching someone UNBOX a phone? Woohoo, lemme see the manuals! Awesome, show me the accessories! Please. Doesn't anyone here have anything better to do?

I have found over the years of being a member at CB that the user base and member base is simple.

Having moved to Android some time ago, I found that the users and members of adjacent forums have a higher degree of knowledge. Android is based off Linux so a working knowledge of that OS requires a slightly higher IQ. People know what they're doing and the forums aren't littered with newbs asking where to find the power button and how to place calls. The Android forums have a much higher user base who know what they are doing. They are mostly problem solvers who have a great idea of how things work. Take note CB forum members!!!

Heck, in the BB forums, there are members who can't even resist the urge to tell us they are downloading the latest leaked OS and how far along the download is. Oh....and...wait for it......wait for it...it's done downloading. Now installing. Halfway through the install. Going well. Oh no, it's stuck. Can someone please help me and tell me what to do now.

Yeah, we've all seen it and those of us who sit and watch laugh. I know I do.

I am now laughing at the home page of CB as it is almost entirely devoted to a phone that will never even be in the same league to compete with the new smartphones that already grace the US markets. I have an EVO and a Vibrant and the 9800 can't even be in the same room with these two devices. It looks like a yesterday phone. A last year phone.

All RIM did was dress up the OS and added some new (albeit outdated) hardware designs. Other site reviews called the OS laggy and uninspiring. Seems like good old fashioned RIM. More of the same.

Until a Blackberry can run an app like Google Goggles, don't ever brag about how good the apps are. Or how about the LAYAR browser?!

RIM has failed late in the game and CB has taken rank next to them. Why a site would go to such lengths to glamorize a phone that is far behind the competition is beyond me.

Keep up the good work.
    08-05-10 11:09 AM
    this is the blackberry website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 11:13 AM
    this is the blackberry website.

Really? Wow, it hadn't occurred to me. Thanks for the professional heads up. LMOA.
    08-05-10 11:15 AM
    If you don't want to see it then don't look. That may be to hard for you but it is possible. It's funny that people will bitc# about EVERYTHING! That is something you can control. Look if you want and don't if you don't. Dam$ that was hard to figure out!
    08-05-10 11:16 AM
    Really? Wow, it hadn't occurred to me. Thanks for the professional heads up. LMOA.
    Wow! Way to be a ******!
    08-05-10 11:17 AM
    Yeah, I do agree. I wonder why they haven't mentioned anything about the news that Android has passed Blackberry? Although, it is still way behind other manufactures OS' the new OS6 does look good.

08-05-10 11:18 AM
    Just curious...

Does your Android fueled higher I.Q. prevent you from changing the device model (9700) you have listed in your profile?
    08-05-10 11:18 AM
    Just curious...

Does your Android fueled higher I.Q. Prevent you from changing the device model (9700) you have listed in your profile?
    No, because I still have my 9700. It's being listed on ebay!
    08-05-10 11:19 AM
    Why is it that when someone complains about Blackberry, everybody on this website becomes so defensive?

08-05-10 11:22 AM
    Was this really necessary? If anything, you came off sounding like an arrogant ***** more than a person that offers constructive criticism. The 9800 is the newest device RIM has to offer -- obviously a whole site dedicated to BlackBerry is going to have a decent amount of info on it. Get over yourself dude.

08-05-10 11:22 AM
    Why is it that when someone complains about Blackberry, everybody on this website becomes so defensive?

Because owning a Blackberry has made many feel like they are so very important. It's what they do. Just look at the level and types of responses this thread gets!
    08-05-10 11:23 AM
    Why so much anger over something your not into. No one here is upset you bought a droid. Matter of fact, it's like getting angry because everyone isn't driving a car just like yours! Childish.

Laughing from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-05-10 at 11:29 AM.
    08-05-10 11:24 AM
    Yeah the front page was a little overwhelming this morning.... But I don't blame them, its the next big thing from RIM, should we expect anything less?
    08-05-10 11:27 AM
    It's funny to see almost the entire first page of CB devoted entirely to the 9800 and every tiny detail of it and OS6. After a week drenched in controversy over Android taking the lead in handset share and Blackberry users waiting to jump ship, here on CB the minions have resorted to glamorizing the 9800 as if it is the saving grace.

Please. Spare me and the rest of us.

The Blackberry is outdated. The OS is STILL old fashioned and outdated.

Almost everything about the NEW flagship is laughable. The screen size and resolution is absurd compared to almost every new smartphone to hit market.

The memory is still a joke. The apps are still a joke.

And here at CB the legions of followers have resorted to comedic measures trying desperately glamorize the new Torch in order to save Blackberry from its inevitable doom.

RIM needed a truly innovative device with features that at the very least would compete with market competition. That didn't happen.

Why is the home page of CB littered with everything from a review that's a mile long and clearly biased to unboxing videos?

I mean really, who wants to sit through watching someone UNBOX a phone? Woohoo, lemme see the manuals! Awesome, show me the accessories! Please. Doesn't anyone here have anything better to do?

I have found over the years of being a member at CB that the user base and member base is simple.

Having moved to Android some time ago, I found that the users and members of adjacent forums have a higher degree of knowledge. Android is based off Linux so a working knowledge of that OS requires a slightly higher IQ. People know what they're doing and the forums aren't littered with newbs asking where to find the power button and how to place calls. The Android forums have a much higher user base who know what they are doing. They are mostly problem solvers who have a great idea of how things work. Take note CB forum members!!!

Heck, in the BB forums, there are members who can't even resist the urge to tell us they are downloading the latest leaked OS and how far along the download is. Oh....and...wait for it......wait for it...it's done downloading. Now installing. Halfway through the install. Going well. Oh no, it's stuck. Can someone please help me and tell me what to do now.

Yeah, we've all seen it and those of us who sit and watch laugh. I know I do.

I am now laughing at the home page of CB as it is almost entirely devoted to a phone that will never even be in the same league to compete with the new smartphones that already grace the US markets. I have an EVO and a Vibrant and the 9800 can't even be in the same room with these two devices. It looks like a yesterday phone. A last year phone.

All RIM did was dress up the OS and added some new (albeit outdated) hardware designs. Other site reviews called the OS laggy and uninspiring. Seems like good old fashioned RIM. More of the same.

Until a Blackberry can run an app like Google Goggles, don't ever brag about how good the apps are. Or how about the LAYAR browser?!

RIM has failed late in the game and CB has taken rank next to them. Why a site would go to such lengths to glamorize a phone that is far behind the competition is beyond me.

Keep up the good work.
    I love this guy
    08-05-10 11:28 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention. I am an Android User with an Evo. But this site is about blackberry not Android. That's what androidcentral is for. So if you don't want to read about blackberry news and info get lost.

08-05-10 11:29 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention. I am an Android User with an Evo. But this site is about blackberry not Android. That's what androidcentral is for. So if you don't want to read about blackberry news and info get lost.

How about if you don't like what I wrote; then YOU GET LOST!
    08-05-10 11:30 AM
    How about if you don't like what I wrote; then YOU GET LOST!
    How about you drop dead? You arrogant *****.

08-05-10 11:31 AM
    *Locked for reasons of immaturity.*

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    08-05-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD