My iPhone 3G just suffered from an apparently unrecoverable white screen of death (WSOD). I didn't even know any such thing existed. Long story short, my iphone is now a paperweight and I have to get a new phone pronto.

I switched from a BB curve to the iPhone 2 years ago but am thinking of switching back. Someone give me one really good reason to switch back and what BB to get, keeping in mind that I'm on at&t and not planning to change carriers.
    03-05-10 06:53 AM
    Your iPhone gave you a WSOD, and if you were that happy with it before, you wouldn't be thinking of switching.. Sounds like a solid enough reason to me! Go for the 9700, or 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 07:04 AM
    9700 is an excellent phone on AT&T
    03-05-10 07:13 AM
    I'd look at other touch screen options, not so much because of the touch screen as for the size of the screen itself. You're already used to a large one, so going to anything smaller will probably be disappointing. I'd look a the Storm and the Droid (not a bb, but a great phone as well). If your in a great 3G coverage area and don't travel much, then at&t is great. If you do travel, I'd look at changing networks. My son plays tennis and we're in different cities every weekend. It's hilarious how often I see people unable to get a data connection on the iphone when my verizon storm is rock solid.
    03-05-10 07:25 AM
    go with the 9700 if you're staying with AT&T. Its light years ahead of the curve.
    03-05-10 07:34 AM
    PAPERWEIGHT MODE!!
    Long story short, my iphone is now a paperweight and I have to get a new phone pronto.
    Anyways, what did you like about your iPhone that you didn't like about the Curve you had before. Are there any things that your iPhone wasn't able to do that you would like your next phone to do? Can you give me a couple ideas as far as what you're looking for, that way it'd be easier to determine what the best device for you would be, whether it would be another iPhone, a BB, or possible one of the new Android devices ATT is going to be rolling out.
    03-05-10 07:40 AM
    Ive never seen a wsod on a bb, that wasnt recoverable. Nuff said!!!
    03-05-10 08:45 AM
    If your primarily browsing the web, watching video, gaming or into cool apps, stick with iPhone.

If your primarily interested in text-based communications (email, sms, bbm, msn, etc) go with BlackBerry.
    03-05-10 08:49 AM
    make your own decision. don't let others take a decision for you. try different handsets and then buy according to your needs. btw i would suggest the 9700.
    03-05-10 09:15 AM
    If your primarily browsing the web, watching video, gaming or into cool apps, stick with iPhone.

If your primarily interested in text-based communications (email, sms, bbm, msn, etc) go with BlackBerry.
    This is the best way to evaluate your need.
    03-05-10 09:46 AM
    This is the best way to evaluate your need.
    This is the only way to pick out a new phone. What are you going to use it for? What do you want to use it for?
    03-05-10 11:36 AM
    Go to the store and play with the phone for an hour.
    03-05-10 01:36 PM
    make your own decision. don't let others take a decision for you. try different handsets and then buy according to your needs. btw i would suggest the 9700.
    Not trying to rip on you, but I think its funny when people say make your own decision and proceed to suggest something.

Please don't take it personally.

03-05-10 01:41 PM
    Not trying to rip on you, but I think its funny when people say make your own decision and proceed to suggest something.

Please don't take it personally.

And I think it's funny when people want others to make decisions for them. This whole thread is like a million others.
    03-05-10 01:43 PM
    Its really up to you. Get a BB if you want to stay connected or get the Iphone if you want fun.
    03-05-10 01:55 PM
    Expanded the titled
    03-05-10 01:55 PM
    Also since you're with At&t you might as well get the 9700. Its the "best" BB out right now.
    03-05-10 01:59 PM
    Because you want to.
    03-05-10 03:03 PM
    Cuz BlackBerry Rocks! That's why.....

03-05-10 03:09 PM
    It sounds to me like you have already made up your mind and want the forum to solidify your decision. I would think that after having a Curve that the iPhone would have been disappointing even while it was working and more so now that it is a bookmark. Go with the Bold.
    03-05-10 03:24 PM
    Because you get to hang out with us on the most awesome site ever!!!!!!!
    03-05-10 03:27 PM
    Ummmm I can't think of any good reasons. Get another iPhone
    03-05-10 03:31 PM
    Its really up to you. Get a BB if you want to stay connected or get the Iphone if you want fun.
    Another idiotic statement. So I guess you're saying you can't fun with a BB? Or you can't stay connected with the iPhone? Hmmmmmmm.
    03-05-10 03:33 PM
    Get anyone you want there both great devices. The Iphone has it's strong points and the BB has it's strong points. See what better suits your needs.
    03-05-10 03:43 PM
    Another idiotic statement. So I guess you're saying you can't fun with a BB? Or you can't stay connected with the iPhone? Hmmmmmmm.
    Thats not at all what I'm saying. Obviously they both are good in the communications aspect and iphones media capability is top notch. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. The BB media is nice, but nothing compared to the iphone. I'm not going to waste my time arguing over an "idiotic" comment.
    03-05-10 03:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD