I had an AT&T pearl 81xx unlocked and was set up for tmobile when I got it!
    I have the $30 1500 talk/text plus data on my account, this is the prepay Plan.

When I had the pearl ALL services worked on the bb, web, mms, email push, the whole works.

Now, I just scored a 9630 and unlocked it, I'm waiting for the USB cable to come in so I can configure it and install the service books, as I don't have a bb plan.

I've read all over the place that full feature use without a bb plan cannot be done!
    Yet everything worked on the pearl! So I know it can be done.

So what do I do to get the tour to work 100% w/o bb plan including email?
    06-14-11 12:31 AM
    No, you'll need Blackberry Internet Service hooked up.
    You'll also only get EDGE, not 3G.

HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx
    ^ Just use that, but for your Tour instead.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-14-11 12:42 AM
    If this was true then the pearl would not have had data to oe apps, including rim browser and push email, but the pearl had full access to the network??

There was alot of servicebooks in the pearl related to tmobile, including the normal generic downloaded ones, but there was a tzones service book and a few others I cannot remember specifically for tmobile. And I don't have the phone to back them up.

And yes I am aware I'll only get edge service, and it wasn't bad on the pearl so I know it won't be any slower than the pearl, as the tour is a much faster bb hardware wise.
    06-14-11 01:02 AM
    That was the Pearl, this is a Tour and it's somewhat newer. Things changed.
    If you want to attempt to hook it up without a data plan, then go ahead. I'm just letting you know now.
    If you don't want to deal with all of this, then just sell your Tour and get a T-Mobile branded Bold 9780.
    06-14-11 01:23 AM
    Yea I was thinking of getting a 9700 or 9780, but for $20 the tour was worth the testing, plus figuring out how the pearl operated on a tmo data plan w/o bis, could be a nice comeup if I could apply it to the tour successfully, not just for me but the whole community.
    06-14-11 01:39 AM
    What is not being taken into account is that the Pearl was a GSM-based device. It was more than likely an 8120. If it was an 8130, it wouldn't work on T-Mo (CDMA only).

The Tour is a World Phone, so even though it is primarily a CDMA device, it has some GSM frequencies (mostly the European ones). It doesn't have T-Mo's 3G frequency, so it would only work on EDGE. The main trick is that the Tour is expecting the CDMA radio to be the primary radio. You're wanting to have the Tour use the secondary radio as the primary. It can be done, but it is not like taking a GSM device and moving it to another GSM carrier (unlocked).
    06-14-11 08:23 PM
    What is not being taken into account is that the Pearl was a GSM-based device. It was more than likely an 8120. If it was an 8130, it wouldn't work on T-Mo (CDMA only).

The Tour is a World Phone, so even though it is primarily a CDMA device, it has some GSM frequencies (mostly the European ones). It doesn't have T-Mo's 3G frequency, so it would only work on EDGE. The main trick is that the Tour is expecting the CDMA radio to be the primary radio. You're wanting to have the Tour use the secondary radio as the primary. It can be done, but it is not like taking a GSM device and moving it to another GSM carrier (unlocked).
    Is the Bold similar to the Tour in this regard, or is the Bold more versatile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by T�nis; 06-14-11 at 08:37 PM.
    06-14-11 08:34 PM
    I had an AT&T pearl 81xx unlocked and was set up for tmobile when I got it!
    I have the $30 1500 talk/text plus data on my account, this is the prepay Plan.

When I had the pearl ALL services worked on the bb, web, mms, email push, the whole works.

Now, I just scored a 9630 and unlocked it, I'm waiting for the USB cable to come in so I can configure it and install the service books, as I don't have a bb plan.

I've read all over the place that full feature use without a bb plan cannot be done!
    Yet everything worked on the pearl! So I know it can be done.

So what do I do to get the tour to work 100% w/o bb plan including email?
    Call customer care. They will tell you if its possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD