I will be getting a refurbished BlackBerry Torch from AT&T in the mail to replace my messed up Torch.
    But I heard that your Pin is specific to your device. So will my pin change?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-27-11 06:17 PM
    Yes, you will have a new PIN. When you log in to do your email setup, you will be asked if you want to use this new PIN, click yes, and you'll be able to start the fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 06-27-11 at 06:24 PM.
    06-27-11 06:21 PM
    Is the other option to keep the old one, or no?

(Sent using Tapatalk.)
    06-27-11 06:54 PM
    No other option.

The pin is unique to the device. You can't keep it

But you can seemlessly transfer over your contacts and they will not even notice

06-27-11 07:00 PM
    No other option.

The pin is unique to the device. You can't keep it

But you can seemlessly transfer over your contacts and they will not even notice

Use the device swap in the DM software to accomplish this. The only problem you *might* have is if you're a member of any BBM groups. Occasionally, you'll have to be deleted and reinvited, but that's only happened to me once or twice out of the dozen times or so I've swapped BBs due to warranty replacements. I never had to send out PIN invites or anything.
    06-28-11 09:05 AM
    As some have stated, the PIN is unique to that device. It's really not a big problem when you get a new phone and the pin. Just need to make some adjustments and be re-invited to any BBM groups.
    06-28-11 10:17 AM
    Great. All questions answered, thanks guys.

(Sent using Tapatalk.)
    06-28-11 11:48 AM
    Use the device swap in the DM software to accomplish this. The only problem you *might* have is if you're a member of any BBM groups. Occasionally, you'll have to be deleted and reinvited, but that's only happened to me once or twice out of the dozen times or so I've swapped BBs due to warranty replacements. I never had to send out PIN invites or anything.
    The other problem is that if someone enters your pin in the contact record they have for you on their Blackberry, that isn't changed, so they have to edit your contact on thier phone.
    06-28-11 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD