my bbm has over 6000 multipersons chats open but they are all empty not a word has been said in them. im thinking it may be a virus or something but does anyone know how to delete and close all chats at once. answers will be deeply appreciated
    06-21-11 04:14 PM
    Start with a battery pull, see if that resolves the problem. I'm guessing these were never real chats and there has been a glitch in the software. The only way I know to clear so many at one time is to reload the software. Hopefully just reloading BBM will work but you might have to reload the whole OS.

Virus is extremely unlikely. BlackBerry apps all run in isolation, and it would be almost impossible to have a virus do anything bad to BBM without big alarm bells and warnings. It is also unlikely to get a virus successfully installed without you getting asked for permission to continue. You don't say which phone, OS, or BBM version but it is more likely to be a simple bug.
    06-21-11 04:24 PM
    Good thing your other thread got closed OP! Otherwise you'd never get the old "battery pull" suggestion.

Anywho, Jeff said it best:

There are no BlackBerry viruses.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-21-11 at 04:38 PM.
    06-21-11 04:36 PM
    Aren't there BBM hacks though? I think this happened to me a while ago, where I just got into random BBM chats with people I didn't know (except for one person). The only way I could stop the chats from popping up was by deleting the person that was the common link in all of the chats because they were either just being an a**hole and creating multi-chats with everyone or they were BBM hacked.

I also had to delete each chat by hand, battery pull didn't stop them from coming or delete them for me.
    06-21-11 04:56 PM
    battery pull doesnt work im afraid nor does messages> top date> delete prior that just says some bb rim thing is not responding
    06-21-11 05:56 PM
    Have you tried getting a different version of BBM? Also, in BBM options try disabling the 'show in messages folder' feature, then try closing the chats, that sorted out a problem for me a while back whered I'd have every chat active twice :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 06:09 PM
    Might have to re-load the OS if that other stuff fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD