I was online last night browsing and i ran across a sight that was advertising that they would pay you to install an application on your gps enabled blackberry that would communicate to their server transmitting data about tower location. They were not advertising a huge rate for each tower location but for anyone that travels this would be a pretty easy way to earn some $ for just using your phone.
    Here is the delima, i dont know what i was thinking but i did not download the application then, but for somereason i did not. i was wondering if by chance someone knew about it and could help me get back to it.
    Thanks
    04-23-08 11:27 AM
    Interesting way to collect demographic information and re-sell it to make a profit.

Or it could lead to a rash of kidnappings and stalker related activty ha ha.
    04-23-08 12:49 PM
    have you heard of this before?
    04-23-08 12:52 PM
    Go to cellcapture.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 01:19 PM
    Yes, but good luck collecting enough "new" towers to get paid when you have to reach a min of $25.

Waste of time if you ask me. =)

Those of us that use are gps for real things don't want to tie it up for such things.
    04-23-08 01:40 PM
    i use my gps alot. so running this app would tie the function up?
    04-23-08 01:58 PM
    i use my gps alot. so running this app would tie the function up?
    Yeap. You can only have one application accessing the GPS at a time it seems.
    04-23-08 02:14 PM
    thanks for the help!
    04-23-08 03:41 PM
    I've ran google maps and nav4all at the same time and they both worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 09:30 PM
    Sometimes, I have to have BBMaps running in the background for GMaps to use GPS instead of tower location. DOn't know if other applications might want full access to the GPS or not.
    04-24-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD