Hello all! I am new to BB and I love this website! It's so extremely helpful. I am not very computer savvy, so if someone has time I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to get my music on my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 03:22 PM
    If you already have a microSD card then follow the link below. If you don't have one, you should get one.

How do I add media files to my microSD card? - BlackBerryFAQ
    04-03-08 03:24 PM
    Thank you Sunkast, I hate to sound ignorant but I don't know how to get the music on my pc or where to get the music from. Please help, I am not computer savvy at all. I apologize if this is too much to ask for!

04-04-08 10:09 AM
    Amazon has mp3s I think. I sometimes rip CDs, thought that may be too much work for someone that isn't savvy. Stay away from iTunes since their music won't work anyway. Also stay away from limewire because it's easy to accidentally download a virus from them.
    04-04-08 11:43 AM
    Thank you Sunkast, I hate to sound ignorant but I don't know how to get the music on my pc or where to get the music from. Please help, I am not computer savvy at all. I apologize if this is too much to ask for!

Your best bet is amazon.com, or do a google for DRM free music downloads. (not free as in no cost, but free as in no DRM).
    04-04-08 12:01 PM
    I rip CD's and transfer them over to my SD card. If I am just looking a specifc song that I don't have, I'll download it from Amazon.
    04-04-08 12:13 PM
    Shoot. Check G2P. That stuff is ridic. It is a way for google to scour ftp sites. Type G2P into the google search bar. You'll figure it out. I have gotten some OBSCURE ISHT doing this maneuver.
    04-04-08 12:15 PM
    Thank you all for your responses! When you say (rip) cd's what does that mean? It's so funny because here I am asking so many questions, my boyfriend & I both have BB's and he has had his for over six months where as I have had mine for about a month and he thinks that I am so knowledgeable about our devices when in all actuality that without this website I would have turned my BB in! Thank goodness for this website! One more thing, how do I post my pin so that I can become a BB message family member?

04-04-08 12:58 PM
    I'll make the assumption that you own a computer with a CD drive. To "rip" means to copy the music on a CD to your computer as, in this case, an MP3 file. You can use windows media player to do this and there are free software programs that also work.You can use the USB cable that came with your BB to connect with the computer. Windows explorer will show your BBs SD card as a drive letter. Windows media player can do the transfer to the SD card. You really need to get an SD card. 2 gigs holds a lot of music so it may be big enough for you.

When you install your SD card you need to go to options, media card, and enable mass storage. I have a curve so you may have have a different location for mass storage. I'm sure this wasn't super clear so keep asking.
    Last edited by dashiel; 04-04-08 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-04-08 01:22 PM
    I'm learning too. Thanks dashiel! Your info is very much appreciated!
    04-04-08 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD