OK so my 3 week old Key2 has major problems....a red and a green line down the screen, battery draining mega fast with very light usage and all the power saving gizmos turned on.

At present the only solution my service provider is prepared to offer is to send out a new one to my home address, with the delivery driver taking the old one from me at the same time.

Without Desktop, how do I back up all the information that’s on the original one in order to easily and painlessly set up the new one?
    09-12-18 08:49 AM
    For the most part Google Backup.... Google Photo.... Google Drive. Go into settings and look under Google > Backup and see what is toggled on/off and when the last backup was. Then when you get the new phone and add that account, select the restore option.

I use OneDrive over Google Drive for documents.
    I have all my email accounts using Active Sync so no issues with emails, contacts, calendar.
    I know which 3rd party apps/games have their own backup solution.
    I know that for Password Keeper I need to enable it's backup.
    I know my 3rd Party (Verizon) SMS/MMS app has it's own backup.

I don't use my SD Card as internal storage and I don't encrypt it.... if you do either you'll need to undo it.

Some have used the Content Transfer app to move from device to device... but it doesn't get everything either.
    09-12-18 09:37 AM
    Thanks DDD for that, though my 2 google accounts seem to be fighting with each other and I can’t get into either. Tech is sooooo frustrating.

Another possibility has possibly presented itself. I still had it in my head that there needed to be a service provider in the background “presenting” Blackberry service, equivalent to the bis I’ve had since 2004. But is it the case that now it’s Android I could just put my o2 SIM card into a Key2 I buy outright, cancel the B.B. worldwide roaming, and go to free in Europe, out of Europe data in 24 hour chunks on my own phone? Meanwhile just cancelling the VodaFone contract within the 30days and returning the faulty Key2? Like the hub is just an app I can download on any Android phone, no need for BB backup?
    09-13-18 06:03 PM
    Thanks DDD for that, though my 2 google accounts seem to be fighting with each other and I can’t get into either. Tech is sooooo frustrating.

Another possibility has possibly presented itself. I still had it in my head that there needed to be a service provider in the background “presenting” Blackberry service, equivalent to the bis I’ve had since 2004. But is it the case that now it’s Android I could just put my o2 SIM card into a Key2 I buy outright, cancel the B.B. worldwide roaming, and go to free in Europe, out of Europe data in 24 hour chunks on my own phone? Meanwhile just cancelling the VodaFone contract within the 30days and returning the faulty Key2? Like the hub is just an app I can download on any Android phone, no need for BB backup?
    I'm not following your questions....

No there is no BB Service on Android (or BB10 devices) in the background. Google Services are what make Android work.

What you can do with O2's service... I have not a clue. But it will be the same as what any iPhone or Samsung owner can do.
    09-14-18 07:38 AM