Hi all-

I need to get a blackberry for work, but don't know where to go. ATT or Verizon? I'm looking at the Curve and the 8830. I'll be using it mostly in Ohio and DC. What's the best overall option, considering coverage, price, etc. This is in addition to my current cell, so the price of switching carriers doesn't apply

Thanks!
    01-02-08 10:46 PM
    I'd personally go with T-Mobile since the unlimited data plan is only $20 a month and has the best coverage in my personal opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-08 11:14 PM
    I would say go with ATT since the curve is a sweet device, 2.0 mp camera, gps and great media playback tools. I have the 8300 and I am pretty comparable to Verizon customers in my area for service coverage and have service where others do not..

Charlie
    01-03-08 12:31 AM
    I am in DC and have verizon and have no problems. VZW's new data plan for unlimited is only 29.99. If you dont need a camera for your new device, the 8830 is fine and you will not have ANY coverage problems in DC.
    01-03-08 03:49 AM
    I am in Ohio with Verizon. Verizon isn't the cheapest, but it is the best and most reliable.
    01-03-08 07:51 AM
    I posted this link on another thread. Maybe it will help you make a decision.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone (AT&T): Cell Phones & Service
    01-03-08 12:12 PM
    ^^ yes. but only for att. gps doesnt work on the verizon network, so you'll be one feature less on the verizon 8830
    01-03-08 12:15 PM
    I posted this link on another thread. Maybe it will help you make a decision.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone (AT&T): Cell Phones & Service
    This is a nice deal
    [HTML]http://www.t-mobile.com/promotions/Blackberrypearllp.aspx[/HTML]
    01-03-08 03:36 PM
    For me, it was ATT and Curve ...all the way Members on here complain about the Curve and others complain the Pearl for one reason or another. It's boils down to personal preference, dollars, and cents.
    01-03-08 04:23 PM
    Hi all-

I need to get a blackberry for work, but don't know where to go. ATT or Verizon? I'm looking at the Curve and the 8830. I'll be using it mostly in Ohio and DC. What's the best overall option, considering coverage, price, etc. This is in addition to my current cell, so the price of switching carriers doesn't apply

Thanks!
    AT&T has both the Curve and the 88XX series, Verizon has only the 8830 series. Verizon is noted for their Coverage, albeit more expensive than the other Carriers. I've used Verizon in just about every nook and cranny in the continuous 48 without too much problems. However, they are not first on the block when it comes to staying on the cutting edge of new equipment, and by the time they get it they'll castrate it in the process.
    Just my $0.02 worth.
    01-03-08 05:03 PM
    I've always been happy with AT&T. I love that I can pop my sim card into nearly any phone and use it. Their coverage has always been very good for me use.

Also, my phone's GPS works...
    01-03-08 07:05 PM
    if you want verizon and a camera, go with the pearl. i love it. verizon's coverage is great, too. good luck.
    01-04-08 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD