01-24-11 04:39 PM
31 12
tools
    Why do you say this about the Curve 3G? I thought most people who had one, liked it.
    The 3G is a very good phone and there is nother wrong with them. The Bold and Torch just happen to be better.
    01-24-11 11:27 AM
    Money is not an issue.

Which phone is currently considered the "best" overall? Or do they each have special features?
    If that's the case order two and send one my way.
    01-24-11 11:27 AM
    He is not a Fan of Blackberry's in general, and returned his Curve 3G before grasping the basic short cut functionality.
    The shortcuts weren't the reason I returned the Curve 3G. It has almost non-existent application memory on the device, which will only get worse once the GSM version gets an upgrade to OS6, the screen hurts your eyes when you're reading text due to the jaggedness caused by the low screen resolution. The device has only 256 MB RAM which is not *great* for heavy multi-tasking.

I didn't return the Curve 3G, per se, I exchanged it for a Bold 9780 which is on the way right now...

But of course, I will try the cheaper phone before I try the more expensive one. Why pay more when paying less can potentially work just fine, right? :P

But you're right. I'm not a fan of Blackberry's in general. Generally, I'm not a fan of any single platform. This allows me to look at each one in the same pessimistic light and choose what's best for me out of the lot :P A negative eye tends to be of better use when you're looking for the best device for yourself. Making these decisions tend to be less about what's best, and more about what's least bad, since everything has a flaw or three :P

For my mother - sure... I told her to get a curve and she's about to upgrade to another one. I don't have to use it, so I don't care, as long as she's happy with it and saves some money :P
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-24-11 at 11:33 AM.
    01-24-11 11:28 AM
    Money is not an issue.

Which phone is currently considered the "best" overall? Or do they each have special features?
    Ask which BB is best on Crackberry.com and you will be told which Android you need. Beauty. Still want a Blackberry now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 12:11 PM
    being in a Canadian Business school I agree Blackberry is probably still the dominant platform, no Carriers here push any single brand more so than the other brands in TV and Print Marketing, as a result manufacturers reputations are what consumers go by, so RIM and Apple products are most prevalent.

I'm sorry but from a business stand point I've yet to say "man I wish I had an app to do this" MOST of my business needs are covered by Documents to go, RIM's app selection is not large, but when your app purchases can be written off, or money isn't an object RIM isn't lacking in the slightest.
    true that makes a difference. There are certainly some BB apps that i wanted to try but didnt feel like throwing out the ludicrous amounts they want for them. I dont have a business paying me back lol
    01-24-11 12:40 PM
    I'd say if you want a touch screen device then go with the torch, if not just get a Bold 9780, I'm loving mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 04:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD