I first would like to say that i finally made an account on crackberry and i am glad to be here. I look forward to getting help as well as receiving help from the rest of you blackberry fanatics!

My first questions is: Is there any way you can get BIS or BES service for *FREE* with an AT&T BB 9000 on T-Mobile network (i recently had at&t, switched to t-mobile and i unlocked my BB 9000). The data plan on my account is android $24.99. Can i hack into BIS thru that data plan? I heard there was a $19.99 blackberry unlimited data plan, i'm guessing that went away?

Please tell me the cheapest route to go about things ESP if you know anything about t-mobile's data plans and rates. I have been w/o my bbm and email for approximately 3 months now and i'm in dying need of getting it back.

Thank you.
    02-16-11 06:58 PM
    You cannot get BIS or BES for free. You need to contact T-Mobile to switch your Android data plan to a BlackBerry data plan (BIS if a personal, not corporate account). Keep in mind you will only get 2G (EDGE) on T-Mobile using an AT&T branded device, since the 3G frequencies used by T-Moblie and AT&T are different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lak611; 02-18-11 at 10:56 PM.
    02-16-11 07:02 PM
    yup, you gotta pay to play. if it was just a simple data plan, you may be able to speak to t-mo about tagging it on at no cost, but even thats hard these days. BB data plans are never free since t-mo has to fork over some of that money to RIM for their services.
    02-16-11 11:37 PM
    ok thanks guys! guess i do have to pay to play but its all worth it!!
    02-18-11 10:10 AM