Now that touch screen is becoming very essential to smartphones, what do you tell them folks who doesn't realize your BB is a non-touch-screen device and gets dirty from their curious fingers all over the crystal-clear screen?
    I myself am a very recent Tour user, so I haven't had any problems yet. But I'll update this topic when it happens!

Looking forward to reading your stories.
    07-20-11 12:11 AM
    I do not hand my device to anyone except my wife, who knows better.

And one good thing about the Style's screen, it isn't flush with the keyboard, so there is a marked lack of scratches or fingerprints on my screen.

Now the outside, on the other hand....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 12:21 AM
    Well, there are quite some inexpensive screen guards (transparent plastic screen protectors) available between two to five dollars. I'd strongly recommend the use of those to protect your screens.
    07-20-11 01:15 AM
    Well, there are quite some inexpensive screen guards (transparent plastic screen protectors) available between two to five dollars. I'd strongly recommend the use of those to protect your screens.
    Which one do you recommend? I tried one of them and the colors came out all wrong and distorted. Seeing as the tour has a decent screen, I couldn't take it and removed it instantly.
    07-20-11 09:12 AM
    +1 BergerKing - I don't give it anyone who doesn't know it's not a touch-screen :-) My biggest problem is after making a call, smudges on the screen are inevitable unless you use speakerphone or a headset. I clean the screen every day by spraying a little eyeglass cleaner onto a microfiber cleaning cloth and carefully wiping the screen.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-20-11 09:33 AM
    The screen is going to get finger prints, smudges from your face etc. It's gong to happen so I don't worry about it just like I don't worry about my gloss black laptop getting palm, finger prints on it. You wipe them off, use it and they are back.
    07-20-11 09:40 AM
    The screen is going to get finger prints, smudges from your face etc. It's gong to happen so I don't worry about it just like I don't worry about my gloss black laptop getting palm, finger prints on it. You wipe them off, use it and they are back.
    I feel your pain, like my white car which gets dirty by the time I drive it home from the car wash
    07-20-11 12:29 PM
    On a rare ocation I will hand over my BB to someont who wants to see what a BB is like.

Its kinda funny to watch them touch the screen and expect something to happen. When nothing does they usually try a second time. Then I tell them to use the track pad like on a lap top and then their light bulb comes on and they quickly pick up on how to navigate.

The finger prints on the screen are no bother to me. My screen is dirty most of the time anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 12:59 PM
    I won't even let the girlfriend touch my phone, no one does...

Everyone has their own phone nowadays, there's no need to let anyone use it. If you want to know about it, ask me or go to the store and play with one.
    07-21-11 02:49 AM
    I really don't like touchscreen phones. That's a reason I use a BlackBerry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-21-11 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD