Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with the Curve 8310.

1 7.69%
  • Go for the Curve 8900.

5 38.46%
  • Dummy, it's not a Curve, it's a javelin

0 0%
  • Get a Bold and forget Curve altogerther.

7 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Well, I got a bb curve 8310. Really, really liked it except for some reason the GPS is not working on it. Took it to the AT&T store and they said something is wrong with the phone. Although I like the idea of GPS, not really a deal breaker for me. My real problem was if the GPS was messed up on the phone, is there something else wrong?

Now, here's a lesson I wish I'd listened to. Do not, do not and I repeat, do not buy a phone from Walmart. I took it back today. Returning it wasn't a problem but I have to wait up to 3 days before they reinstate my upgrade. They do it through some company called Halifax. So I'm phoneless now since I didn't hold on to my piece of crap nokia phone. Ugh.

Once I get the upgrade issue taken care of I will again probably get a bb and I will get it at a dealership. Pat me on the back for a smart move this time. My question is, since I got the Curve, the 8900 has come in. Now is that still a curve or is it a javelin? Very confused on that issue. I did like my bb curve 3310. So do I stick with that or spend $50 more and get the 8900?

Help, help, help, I need advice.
    06-08-09 10:43 PM
    I got my last two phones at walmart. I don't know how they give away phones that dealers charge 200$ for but they do. I can see the problem if there is trouble with the phone it could be painful. But no problems for me and worth the risk. My wife wanted an LG env2 verizon store $130 with 2 year contract walmart $8.88. How do I say no to that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:11 PM
    I got my last two phones at walmart. I don't know how they give away phones that dealers charge 200$ for but they do. I can see the problem if there is trouble with the phone it could be painful. But no problems for me and worth the risk. My wife wanted an LG env2 verizon store $130 with 2 year contract walmart $8.88. How do I say no to that?

That's what I thought. But, if you don't have nice folks at your at&t place, you won't get any technical help from walmart. All they know how to do is activate the phone and ring ya up at the register. I've been lucky. They've been nice and helped me a lot.
    06-08-09 11:18 PM
    Yeah the Verizon store seemed a little put out when I brought in my $8.88 curve and had them apply my emplorer discount cause Walmart didn't have clue how to do it.

06-08-09 11:27 PM
    Yeah the Verizon store seemed a little put out when I brought in my $8.88 curve and had them apply my emplorer discount cause Walmart didn't have clue how to do it.

I'm not sure anyone at Walmart really knows what they are doing.
    06-09-09 08:24 AM
    i'd say go bold or go home.
    06-09-09 08:55 AM
    I have a 8330 and if I could Id get the bold. Im a HUGE fan of sprint but not their phone selection
    Last edited by wm2485; 06-09-09 at 04:17 PM.
    06-09-09 04:15 PM
    I had the 8310 and went to the Bold. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm very glad I made that choice! Even the rep at the store said she went from her curve to the Bold.
    06-09-09 04:20 PM
    I went from an 8310 to the Bold, it was a great phone but the Bold rocks
    06-09-09 04:26 PM
    I ended up getting the 8900. I think I will really like it. The Bold was pretty pricey and it is such a physically big phone.
    06-09-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD