I REALLY hate to give Best Buy business, but I am an avid deal seeker and BlackBerry lover. Right now until Feb 9th, signup to reserve a $50 Best Buy gift card. To receive the GC you must buy a new phone with 2 year contract between now and Dec 31st.

Good to buy some BB accessories or a down payment of a second phone for the wife.

Linky Here:
    https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/ols...oCode=RESERVE2
    02-05-13 10:20 AM
    Good call..
    02-05-13 10:23 AM
    Already signed up too when I got the email yesterday.
    02-05-13 10:26 AM
    I was just about to post this as well - good job! I did this last year it's great - you sign up now and as long as you get a smartphone before the end of the year you get $50 back, no obligation.
    02-05-13 10:29 AM
    Yeah I've received a 50$ rebate on every BB I've ever purchased. The trick is remembering to send in the rebate form. Most carriers will either give you a gift card ( Visa logo ) to be used anywhere, or let you apply said 50$ to you monthly mobile bill.
    02-05-13 10:37 AM
    I wonder if there is some catch. Like a higher termination fee or something.
    02-05-13 10:45 AM
    Fine print says that you will receive the card at the store after purchase
    02-05-13 01:58 PM
    This is not just on BB either, its any smart phone.I believe.
    02-05-13 02:00 PM
    The only "fine print" is it's a best buy gift card - so you will have to use it at Best Buy to buy something else. I bought a phone there last year with the same plan paid the same price I would have paid in an AT&T store (Bought Galaxy Note on launch day). You pay the price - they have your number stored in their system but its good to make sure they have you registered prior to the purchase - then you get a emailed gift card. No other strings attached.
    02-05-13 02:22 PM
    Very cool and interesting. I'm not due for now but by July I would be. Thanks!
    02-05-13 02:27 PM
    No thanks, I don't want to lock myself into a contract. I'll gladly pay more upfront form an unlocked Z10 than be locked into a 2-year contract.
    Stephen Cooper likes this.
    02-05-13 04:15 PM
    So how does this work if I'm due an upgrade through ATT? I didn't see the Z10 there under ATT.
    02-05-13 06:45 PM
    Rogers Communications in Canada is offering a CAD50.00 mail-in rebate on the purchase of the BlackBerry Z10. So even with the early termination fee for my BlackBerry Bold I saved over CAD200.00 off the no-contract price of CAD650.00.
    02-05-13 06:51 PM
    So how does this work if I'm due an upgrade through ATT? I didn't see the Z10 there under ATT.
    @Tim-ANC you register before the 9th on the website above make sure you do it before then you have nothing to lose really. The ask for the number you will upgrade anytime between release and Dec 31, 2013. Immediately they will send you and email confirming you are enrolled in the program (again no obligations), but you don't need to keep the email - they store this using the phone number you gave them. If your upgrade is in say May (like mine is) just before then they will send you some promotional stuff on what phones are available and at what price and remind you to come and buy from them and get the gift card. If you have an upgrade eligible already, once the Z10 is released on AT&T, you go to your local BestBuy and them you are on AT&T and want to upgrade and you registered for the $50 gift card - they know it they have been doing this for a few years I think. They go in their computer, confirm you are eligible for an upgrade with AT&T, confirm you are in the program, you buy the phone (same price as AT&T, sometimes a little lower if on sale), and pay. About 10 days later you will get a e-Gift Card in the email from Best Buy for $50. It's no harder than upgrading with AT&T
    02-06-13 07:34 PM
    Thanks Randall. Interesting program. I suppose I would want to enroll in this in case BestBuy has the Z10 before ATT does. What are the warranty benefits?
    02-06-13 08:59 PM
    Thanks Randall. Interesting program. I suppose I would want to enroll in this in case BestBuy has the Z10 before ATT does. What are the warranty benefits?
    Warranty is AT&T 1 year I believe - its no different than buying direct from AT&T. BestBuy will give you the option for GeekSquad coverage as well, typical phone insurance with no fault at a fee (was $9 a month for the GNote last year). I actually took it as I was afraid with such a big phone and that big screen - so of course I haven't needed it ;-).
    02-06-13 10:06 PM
    No thanks, I don't want to lock myself into a contract. I'll gladly pay more upfront form an unlocked Z10 than be locked into a 2-year contract.
    I guess I'm gonna have to do this if a want a z10. Apparently I'm not due till december!!! So I will gladly do this when the z10 comes out.
    02-07-13 04:33 AM