I was told I could geocache on the Tour since the GPS is unlocked but I haven't found out how this is done.

Is there an easy way to do this or an application I can buy?

Thanks!!!
    08-03-09 09:17 PM
    Use blackstar GPS program from appworld and get info from geocatching.com
    08-04-09 08:50 AM
    ok. Why are the reviews so bad? I heard the IP 3GS does it really well. Do you think a better program will ever come out?
    08-04-09 02:18 PM
    Lets take this (now freshly spam free) conversation to 3rd Party Apps.
    08-04-09 03:04 PM
    Actually, this might be moved to the gps subforum. And you can see long threads about Blackstar. I have not read reviews other than those in the gps threads.
    08-04-09 08:51 PM
    ok. Why are the reviews so bad? I heard the IP 3GS does it really well. Do you think a better program will ever come out?
    I am not aware of the bad reviews for BlackStar. Could you please elaborate on this? I try to follow all feedback on BlackStar to help improve it and to help users with its functionality.

There has been one comment recently about BlackStar compass looking like a 3rd grade drawing, but that is the only recent criticism. I have never been good in art, not even in the 3rd grade.

There are also comments about the dancing compass when not moving. But that is the nature of the GPS with its 30 foot accuracy. There are ways to stop the dancing, but it just builds more inaccuracy into your location.

If there are other criticisms, I would like to be made aware.
    08-05-09 08:10 AM
    Can someone point me to a link where I can understand what geochaching is?I really can't get it.
    08-06-09 04:43 AM
    I have BlackStar loaded on my S2. Nice app. Gives lat, long, altitude, speed, and direction. A needed element to AR (augmented reality). Can lock up entire S2, requiring a battery pull, if you work in a satellite only area - asks if ok to allow reset of security clock over and over and over...

Doctor Neutron
    12-09-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD