Are there any other Geocacheing type programa for Blackberries. Geocache Navigator requires APN Support and my Curve, through CDMA carrier Telus, does not Support APN. Are there any other apps that can work that do not require APN ??
    03-26-09 01:47 AM
    I use one called Blackstar

It was a free download and links in to geocaching.com to find your nearest 20 caches. You can then download the cache straight to your storm.

I used in the mountains where signal is very patchy and didn't lose the track so once have the co-ords it "seems" to be able to function just off gps alone.

Cant remember the link but google it and you shouldn't have trouble finding it...

I've stuck a screen grab on here...
    03-26-09 04:03 AM
    The only one I use is:

CacheBerry - Geocache with your BlackBerry

I tried Geocache Navigator for a while. It worked but it was kind of expensive, and you had to be in a data connection area or it wouldn't work. With CacheBerry, you just open GPX files right there on your BlackBerry. The newest beta has a compass built in to it for searching, and if you want you can look up on you browser the nearest caches. Plus it will filter out your finds, so the ones you see listed are the ones you haven't found. Then you can just download the GPX file, and start searching.

There is a 30 day free trial, otherwise it is $14.95, one time charge. Not a monthly fee.
    03-26-09 08:06 AM
    BlackStar has a new website, BlackStar Navigation. The OTA download is http://tinyurl.com/gpsnav. It has been a collaborative effort.

The screen shot pegasusl posted is an old version. It has been updated recently. We developed BlackStar because there were no free geocaching applications, and I like FREE. You can import LOC and GPX files, view your waypoints on google maps or bbmaps.

You can also check out our Forum thread here on crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/bla...ng-app-183917/
    03-26-09 08:17 AM
    I've looked at B*, and it's nice, even more so because it's free. How do you not appreciate someone who writes a program like this then gives it away for the good of the community?
    CacheBerry, with the addition of the compass and other features, is the one I prefer now (had it long before I ever knew about B*), and Trimble, with its Geocache Navigator, should be worried about losing market share to CacheBerry.
    03-26-09 08:23 AM
    Gonna give Cacheberry a try!!! Better than carrying the Garmin around!
    03-26-09 09:01 AM
    Spot is supposed to be good for geocaching as well.
    03-26-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD