I use GeocacheNavigator on my 8330 and just love it. I have a Garmin Oregon 400t but being on the road a lot, I love to take a break and see if there are any caches located near where I am at. With GeocacheNavigator, no matter where I am, I can instantly find out what caches are closest to me and determine how many I want to look for within any given amount of miles. I've ended up using my BB for geocaching far more than my Garmin.
    09-11-09 12:09 PM
    BlackStar is graet. i Use it and have found many caches. get me within 5 feet of cache every time. I Links with google maps, and geocaching.com. tricky at first but once you play with it its awesome.
    01-07-10 05:09 AM
    I'm going to try and get back into this. Tried last year and never found one. Used an ipod touch with the official app (sold now) and tried a couple apps on the blackberry. I just wish I knew other people who enjoyed this, that would help me for sure.
    02-01-10 05:49 PM
    Look for local geocaching events near you. There you can meet other geocachers who may be interested in teaming up with you.

I recommend geocaching with an experienced geocacher if you are having problems. Sometimes it just takes knowing what to look for. Many are hidden in plain sight.

Also, don't start with micros, some of them are very devious. Look for a regular size first. Most caches have a difficulty rating, start with a cache with a lower rating.
    02-02-10 08:33 AM
    Thank you.
    02-05-10 05:40 PM
    Any chance you know when Geocache Navitagor will be available on the Tour with Verizon?
    02-24-10 06:53 PM
    Any chance you know when Geocache Navitagor will be available on the Tour with Verizon?
    it is available...check out app world!
    03-04-10 02:54 PM
    Interesting topic,

I use to do a lot of geocaching a few years ago when my son was younger.
    Now he is interested in other things.

One of the first sites I visited with my new BB was geocaching.com as I thought it would be cool just to be able to visit there site when out geocaching, but it looks like there will be so much more I can do with my BB if I decide to take it geocaching.
    03-07-10 03:17 PM
    Just go buy a moto Droid. All the apps you will ever want need or use. I know change is hard but its time to give up on the portable email machine that is blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 11:37 PM
    BlackStar Navigation is the best geocaching app ever for BB.
    03-30-10 12:46 AM
    blackstar is nice as long as you're caching in an area with reception, otherwise I lean on cacheberry......
    04-03-10 07:45 PM
    I purchased Geocache Navigator for my original Bold and was happy with it (other than the price). I just downloaded the trial version for my new Bold 2 and have a question. I can't figure out how to set my Geocache ID such that Geocache Navigator taps into my longstanding Geocache account for updating field notes, etc. Does anyone know how to do this? I don't recall having any problems with my paid version so perhaps this is only an issue with the trial one.

Never mind - sorry for being such a nob. I forgot that you had to go to geocaching.com and link your account to your phone app. All is good now......
    Last edited by dcscott; 04-05-10 at 09:22 PM.
    04-05-10 06:07 PM
    anyone know if Geocache Navigator will ever get updated to look more aesthetically pleasing? look at the awesome app available for iphone.
    04-21-10 02:16 PM
    ... look at the awesome app available for iphone.
    Isn't that the case with every bb app? Even Android apps look better.
    04-24-10 09:35 PM
    I don't know why people haven't talked about using TrekBuddy. This is another open source one that is available for blackberry's and other mobile phones with GPS receiver.

The nice thing about using this software is that you create your own maps (Mobile Atlas Creator v1.7, found on the forum in tools). This way you have offline maps which don't incur costs on your dataplan. I find it works very well when I am out caching.
    04-30-10 01:02 PM
    I tried to use blackstar on my 9700, the only option is a compass (most other apps, namely my partners android app) have a radar option also which i find works better. The compass was very unresponsive and couldnt handle being under trees. Im going to try trimbles free trial but resent paying for the app, im sure there must be a way to get it free, anybody know?
    06-01-10 04:31 AM
    Just starting Geocaching yesterday (didn't find the cache). i'm currently using BlackStar. Seems like a functional free app. What i did was use Bolt (and uZard) browser to access Geocaching.com to find caches and coordinate near me.

The BlackStar app seems pretty basic but i think it will be good for starting. i'm not sure if the compass isn't accurate or that i just couldn't find the cache (it hasn't been found for a year).

i'm going to wait a bit and then try out Geocaching Navigation that's offered on BlackBerry App World. There's a free trial, then it's $19.99 i believe.

06-01-10 06:03 AM
    I think I have to get over looking like a doofus in a large, popular public park wandering hither and fro trying to home in on a small location all the while peering at the small electronic device............ While at the same time trying to keep the cache location somewhat secret from THEM. "Someone, quick, call Homeland Security, there's this nut furtively looking in the bushes............"
    06-01-10 08:59 AM
    LOL! Yesterday i went looking for the first time. It was near a playground and i thought i probably looked awfully suspicious! i was digging around in the bushes. Ha.

Then i realized, i always look like that. i'm just usually walking and BBMing and not looking for cache.

i found my first cache this AM! Easy location but it was so fun and exciting! i need to log it. Can you log found caches using the Geocaching app?

06-01-10 09:05 AM
    I think I have to get over looking like a doofus in a large, popular public park wandering hither and fro trying to home in on a small location all the while peering at the small electronic device............ While at the same time trying to keep the cache location somewhat secret from THEM. "Someone, quick, call Homeland Security, there's this nut furtively looking in the bushes............"
    I've been geocaching for some time now. I'm constantly amazed and somewhat distressed by how few people pay the least bit of attention to what's going on around them! You needn't expect much trouble overall, though some caches placed in residential neighborhoods make it a bit more difficult to be discreet.
    06-02-10 01:42 PM
    Just bought Geocache Navigator by Trimble app. It works great! It needs a backlight on lock but other than that the app is helping me find caches! i use Leave It On app when i have GN open.

06-06-10 01:39 PM
    I love geocaching. I used to use my BlackBerry for caching (which works great BTW), but I upgraded to the Garmin Oregon 450, which I am in love with. Works amazing. I've been caching about 6 months, and have over 770 finds and 33 hides
    06-15-10 09:44 PM
    Trimble makes an application called Geocache Navigator that connects directly to the geocaching.com site so that one can go caching anywhere in the world. You can learn about this product at geocachenavigator.com.

Being transparent, I do work for Trimble but have been an avid geocacher for many years. I personally use an 8310 and my boys and I have really enjoyed geocaching on this device.

Larry (Trimble Outdoors)
    I can't get Geocache Navigatior for Verizon to download to my BB Curve 8830. Is this simply a Verizon issue??
    06-29-10 12:21 AM
    The VZW 8830's GPS is locked. You won't be able to use ant 3rd party GPS apps on that BlackBerry. BlackBerry Maps and VZ Navigator are your only options for GPS on 8830.

06-29-10 05:52 AM
    Is anyone using Geocache Navigator on their Storm 2? Does it work properly?

07-04-10 07:11 AM
157 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD