Welcome to the forum.
    BB10 and the new phones are a big deal to the BB community. They represent a possible return to BB as a relevant competitor and therefore another platform that will push innovation. As such, the community is very excited and as excitement builds, so does the need to share as much information as possible. When one has waited 18 months for these superphones, the anticipation at this point in time has reached an all time high.
    My suggestion to you is to bypass every thread that has [Speculation] or [Rumour] in the title. It will make things easier for you. Stick to threads that say [Confirmed] or that don't say BB10 in the title.
    While I understand that the speculation can get difficult because we all want proven information, BB10 is a HUGE parade.....no reason to rain on it.
    Good suggestion. I'm going to start bypassing every thread with the word [RANT] in the title.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-25-13 03:58 PM
    I was just wondering ...this close to "launch", how come I'm not seeing posters in carrier stores (all of them), no commercials, nadda, nothing. Whats going on with the marketing dept.....once again. Just wondering, thats all.
    The Super Bowl is a good start..............
    BlackBerry to air first ever Super Bowl commercial | CrackBerry.com
    01-25-13 03:59 PM
    The Super Bowl is a good start..............
    BlackBerry to air first ever Super Bowl commercial | CrackBerry.com
    Wow, never thought they would! WTG RIM
    01-25-13 04:05 PM
    i wonder if Z10 will come with leather holster straight from the box.. kinda blackberry style compared to other manufacturers...

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-25-13 07:59 PM
    Nice selective quotation. If you would have bothered scrolling down you would notice that I specified the reason being that blackberry at the moment does not work well in Sweden :P
    I don't want to throw this thread off it's intended purpose, but can I ask a serious question? Why doesn't a Blackberry work well in Sweden? RIM Sweden is a very very important part of the global RIM family.
    01-25-13 08:03 PM
    Umm, wrong forum OP. This should be in the News and Rumors forum.

Having said that, I hope these threads don't become common place. Because it will be a self feeding black hole.
    01-25-13 08:27 PM
    So many threads,.so little time. Can't wait for the launch....
    01-25-13 09:04 PM
    So many threads,.so little time. Can't wait for the launch....
    HA! Touche!
    01-25-13 09:08 PM
    This is a stupid thread. Who started it?
    It's not. The threads around here lately have become quite annoying.

Now...I wonder if this device will let me talk to other voices besides the ones in my head.
    01-25-13 09:39 PM
    I only liked the OP's thread because the joke about the microfiber cloth was legitimately funny.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-26-13 04:24 AM
    You forgot a general rant thread. We're here to talk about BB. I swore I was gonna be nicer but I had to make an exception.
    01-26-13 05:53 AM
    Welcome to the forum.
    BB10 and the new phones are a big deal to the BB community. They represent a possible return to BB as a relevant competitor and therefore another platform that will push innovation. As such, the community is very excited and as excitement builds, so does the need to share as much information as possible. When one has waited 18 months for these superphones, the anticipation at this point in time has reached an all time high.
    My suggestion to you is to bypass every thread that has [Speculation] or [Rumour] in the title. It will make things easier for you. Stick to threads that say [Confirmed] or that don't say BB10 in the title.
    While I understand that the speculation can get difficult because we all want proven information, BB10 is a HUGE parade.....no reason to rain on it.
    +1K
    That's why "we" take the time to put [rumor] in the title or whatever obvious to state that we report must be taken with high precautions.
    I've been reporting/answering to quite a pile of these "rumors", and I must admit a vast part became proven false. But in the number, some were leading to interesting points or fired insightful discussions.

If I was paid for that, as an editor or a "social contributor", I wouldn't have for at least 90%. But I'm not; I just compile quite a lot of informations I have in my feeds and mix that with my personal knowledge and what I can retrieve from the few insiders I have in my nearest friends circle. I'd like to take an example; my latest post in news and rumors (see also the appropriate forum section ?) about a rumor stating that the BB10 OS for Playbook might pop as soon as the 1st week of February.
    I'm not (that) dumb, and a fast read of the link provided immediately generates distrust (compilation, incoherences, style ...). yup.
    But when I mix it with several points I've been grabbing around or thinking about this could make sense.
    About this topic, here are my wonders : Zero communication about Playbook since the (almost silent) 4G release + Known presence of "surprises" (I mean big ones, not black/white models) + Hardware and features proximity between DevAlpha and PlayBook = "well ... this might be it".
    The point is that the linked source isn't something meant to be a "proof" of whatever, but just the trigger where a reflexion started.

I do understand that some naives may consider rumors like promises, but the bad goes to them, if they can't read "Rumor" or "Warning".
    Excitement is growing and some enthusiasm can lead us to dreams ... but, hey, we're just usual suspects, not prophets.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-26-13 at 07:34 PM.
    01-26-13 06:04 AM
    Nice selective quotation. If you would have bothered scrolling down you would notice that I specified the reason being that blackberry at the moment does not work well in Sweden :P
    Strange, my experience during several visits to Sweden is that BlackBerry works just fine. The only problem I encountered was losing cellular signal from time to time while traveling by train through some of the more rural areas. That problem is not unique to BlackBerry, and to be honest I think I preferred to look out at the scenery rather than use the phone.
    01-26-13 08:44 AM
    If you don't like a thread, you don't have to read it.

If you think that there are far too many similar threads that keep repeating the same stuff over and over again, there is that little triangle in the upper right hand corner of a post that's not there to make the post look pretty.

Rant threads serve no real constructive purpose and in many cases, are more or less insulting comments directed towards others than to really give any sort of insight.
    01-26-13 08:52 AM
    Its the nature of the beast. No matter how many times they ask us to calm down there will always be rowdy people trying to start stuff or people trying to put fires out and sounding mean.
    I just wish that people would take more than a few seconds before posting yet another unsubstantiated rumour about release dates for devices, bb10 on playbook, specific 3rd party apps when most of those topics have been covered many many times and the rehashing of these random guesses just leaves more scope for people to be pissed off at Rim for no reason other than that their favourite made up rumour did not come true.
    01-26-13 08:52 AM
    I just wish that people would take more than a few seconds before posting yet another unsubstantiated rumour about release dates for devices, bb10 on playbook, specific 3rd party apps when most of those topics have been covered many many times and the rehashing of these random guesses just leaves more scope for people to be pissed off at Rim for no reason other than that their favourite made up rumour did not come true.
    It's the same on any forum about any subject you care to name. It won't change, and it shows a vibrant place with engaged members. Yes, it can be mildly irritating, but it's just what these places are always, without exception, like.

So relax and enjoy the ride. Life's too short to get upset about things that happen on a computer screen with people you've never met.
    01-26-13 09:01 AM
    I get where your coming from but these forums are for people to speak there mind and gossip.don't have it as your homepage if you don't want to see it.your not the regulator.but you are entitled to say your piece.and that's the whole point.
    01-26-13 09:06 AM
    If for some weird reason BB 10 is buggy or hardware has issues (not saying it is/will, this is a hypothetical) this board will turn into the Storm rants and raves section. You think THIS is bad? Were you here for the Storm launch? Read through those threads. It will make your toes curl.

This stuff is nothing.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-26-13 09:10 AM
    It won't change, and it shows a vibrant place with engaged members.
    Actually it shows forum posters are too oblivious when creating new threads as when you go to create one the site points out similar threads that already exist.
    01-26-13 09:18 AM
    Actually it shows forum posters are too oblivious when creating new threads as when you go to create one the site points out similar threads that already exist.
    And I will repeat - this happens on every single forum on every single subject you care to name.
    01-26-13 09:26 AM
    Somebody, please, please, please start a thread about the microfiber cloth!
    johnny_larue likes this.
    01-26-13 09:58 AM
    You mean there isn't 5 threads on that already
    01-26-13 10:09 AM

What, and suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take up and against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them?!?!?????

Nah.

Sorry, watching BBC.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-26-13 10:50 AM
    This is a stupid thread. Who started it?
    Someone with 13 previous posts and absolutely no sense of fun
    01-26-13 11:00 AM
    If you don't like a thread, you don't have to read ...
    Rant threads serve no real constructive purpose and in many cases, are more or less insulting comments directed towards others than to really give any sort of insight.
    Ever heard of trolling?
    01-26-13 11:02 AM
106 12345