1. T
    In winter, the air in my place is very dry. I want to use a vaporiser to add moisture to the air. Will doing so hurt my BlackBerry (in or out of the cradle)? Will it harm my LCD and LED televisions? Just looking for your thoughts and experience. TIA.
    11-15-11 06:56 AM
    I've heard of electronics that suffered from condensation in the bathroom. Some internal moisture detectors have been known to register "water damage" supposedly. I don't know about those humidifiers. We get 100% humidity here at times.
    11-15-11 06:59 AM
  3. T
    I've heard of electronics that suffered from condensation in the bathroom. Some internal moisture detectors have been known to register "water damage" supposedly. I don't know about those humidifiers. We get 100% humidity here at times.
    Yea, that's what I'm afraid of. Not just with the BlackBerry but with the other stuff, too. We do have plenty of humididty, but that's outside. It's the heat in my place that's very dry. It's very warm and cozy, but with it comes a dryness. Maybe I'll just put the vaporisor in a room furthest from all the electronics ...
    11-15-11 07:31 AM
    I use a couple of those cool air humidifiers in my bedroom and living room in the winter(wood fireplace heat tends to be super dry). Never had any issue with any of the electronics in my home, and I have many. As long as you don't get it so humid your walls are dripping(like a bathroom after a shower) I think you'll be fine.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-15-11 at 08:09 AM.
    11-15-11 08:00 AM
    Our house is very dry in the winter season. We use a whole house humidifier without any trouble so far. One bedroom often uses a vaporizer for added humidity and to date the BB in that room is not affected. Looks to me like so long as you follow homer1475's advice all will be well.
    11-15-11 08:03 AM
  6. T
    I use a couple of those cool air humidifiers in my bedroom and living room in the winter(wood fireplace heat tends to be super dry). Never had any issue with any of the electronics in my home, and I have many. As long as you don't get it so humid your walls are dripping(like a bathroom after a shower) I think you'll be fine.
    Humidifiers are the nice way to go. This thing I have is a vaporisor that puts out steam. If I use it in my bedroom with the door closed, the walls are kind of damp. Probably not good ...
    11-15-11 11:33 AM
    Humidifiers are the nice way to go. This thing I have is a vaporisor that puts out steam. If I use it in my bedroom with the door closed, the walls are kind of damp. Probably not good ...
    Very likely not good. Damp walls suggest a too high humidity level.
    11-15-11 12:02 PM
    Forget about electronics, thats not good for you.
    01-18-12 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD