First off I don't actually own a BB yet, and never have, but I'm thinking of getting the BB 9780, would you recomend this phone?

Second I've got a query about the BB Messenger. I want to get the phone on contract which has free 500MB of internet a month, would that mean that I would get messenger for free? If so how much MB does Messenger use?

I also generally use the internet for Facebook, a couple of other social networking sites, email and the odd other website, would 500MB be enough?

I currently get 100MB a month and manage with that easily.

Thanks in advance.
    02-19-11 07:15 AM
    the 9780 is a great berry has everything you would need accept the touchscree which i dont like anyway.

best way to break it down is bb messenger is an app that use data so as long as u have a data plan u can use it as for how much it uses u could send paragraphs 24hrs a day for the month and never hit 100mb let alone 500mb

for regular usage like social networking and emails bbm a little bit of browsing and youtube 500 should do you just fine

enjoy the berry
    Joe Strummer likes this.
    02-19-11 07:47 AM
    Thanks for that, I'm joining the army in a month so I'm after something like this to keep on the internet and stuff.

When you say the data plan, does that mean the internet, as it doesn't say on the contract overview anything about a data plan.
    02-19-11 07:56 AM
    It would be hard to go over 500MB each month just using BBM and Facebook. If you were streaming video and sending lots of photos to Facebook, then you might go over.

I was using my BlackBerry constantly for work, logging on to my work computer, streaming video, and chatting over multiple systems. Doing all that, I usually went just over 1GB each month. My wife would use hers for Facebook, email, and BBM, and rarely went over 100MB.

It just depends on how you use it.
    02-19-11 09:20 AM
    Yes data is internet. You also have the option of using wifi so you don't go over your limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 09:25 AM
    Yeah that's basically all I use mine for at the minute.

The contract overview is:

500mb data allowance, 500 mins, Unlimited texts.

would the data allowance mean internet aswell?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not really a mobile nut.
    02-19-11 09:27 AM
    Yes data is internet. You also have the option of using wifi so you don't go over your limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ah thanks alot!
    02-19-11 09:27 AM
    Actually, a generic data allowance is NOT the same as a Blackberry Data Plan. You'd need to make sure with your carrier that you have Blackberry Data Plan/Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) on your account to be able to access emails directly, BBM, and use the full-version browser, and some apps like Facebook, etc.
    02-19-11 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD