Well I picked up the droid last weekend, I gave it back today! paid the 30 restocking fee and left with my 8330..

The phone its self is nice, but the whole android is a pita.. It would randomly call people. Also the Battery life.. Also it just did not seem user friendly, Even with the task killer I would get a low battery around noon time.. Also I noticed that there is not much support for android based os.. With my bb I can go 100+ text email and a few phone calls, plus liesn to pandora at the gym, and be at 90% battery life... I like how simple my bb is to use, I just cant figure out why it wont link up with my pc?? I all I need a new os..
    I'm still running 3.1.0.72..

I'm ganna give the Tour a try....
    04-30-10 01:47 AM
    The Tour is a huge improvement over the Curve. I also tried Android and have come back to BlackBerry for good. Let us know how it works out. If you are due for an upgrade, you may want to try the 9650 when it comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 07:55 AM
    I tried the HTC and quickly came back to the BlackBerry... will never go back!
    04-30-10 08:05 AM
    Well I picked up the droid last weekend, I gave it back today! paid the 30 restocking fee and left with my 8330..

The phone its self is nice, but the whole android is a pita.. It would randomly call people. Also the Battery life.. Also it just did not seem user friendly, Even with the task killer I would get a low battery around noon time.. Also I noticed that there is not much support for android based os.. With my bb I can go 100+ text email and a few phone calls, plus liesn to pandora at the gym, and be at 90% battery life... I like how simple my bb is to use, I just cant figure out why it wont link up with my pc?? I all I need a new os..
    I'm still running 3.1.0.72..

I'm ganna give the Tour a try....
    Which Android did you have? I played with a Motorola Droid and I loved it. Much much faster than my Storm 2 and Android has thousands of apps. I do realize, however, that it does take a couple days to really get to know a new device. As far as the battery issue you described, there's 2 things you need to realize: 1st, Any touch screen is going to be a battery hog since the screen is about twice the size of a non-touch device (and the touch technology uses more battery). And 2nd, when someone gets a new phone, they tend to play with it a lot. This also drains the battery. I remember the first day I got my Storm 2 my first full charge lasted about 4 hours & that's because I was setting it up, downloading things and trying it out. It will last about a day on normal usage now (I may have 20% left)
    I had a Curve 8330 & there's no way I would chose it over an Android but that's just me. Now as for the Tour, that's a great phone especially if battery life is a major concern.
    04-30-10 08:07 AM
    good to see you back. lots have tried to droids and have came back to Blackberrys. same thing is already happening with the Incredible, people not even owning the Incredible for a full 24 hours yet, and there returning them back for there Blackberrys
    04-30-10 08:12 AM
    I also tried the droid eris for a little under the 30 days and couldn't deal with it... I'm back to blackberry and VERY happy
    04-30-10 08:49 AM
    I really like the looks of the Droid. I play with my mom's Droid a lot. The browser is stellar and I like the touchscreen. But...I don't use it all the time so maybe I don't know what it's really like.

I like my trusty 9700. It has good battery life and does what I need it to when I need it. No fuss.

04-30-10 10:22 AM
    I really like the looks of the Droid. I play with my mom's Droid a lot. The browser is stellar and I like the touchscreen. But...I don't use it all the time so maybe I don't know what it's really like.

I like my trusty 9700. It has good battery life and does what I need it to when I need it. No fuss.

Everyone plays with your moms Droid

04-30-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD