As I posted elsewhere, I am moving back to vzw from tmobile. I am torn between getting an N1 (when it becomes available) and a storm2. I really like the garmin GPS (I have one of their dashmount units), but I could replace it with the new phone, if need be. One reason I was tempted by the storm2 is the touch-screen interface to the GPS app. Which leads me to my question: if I had a non-touchscreen unit (bold or tour2), how does the GPS app work? I assume you have to use the menu somehow? Seems less convenient?
    03-31-10 10:38 AM
    Trackball/trackpad works just fine with Garmin Mobile - pretty easy to navigate. The icons are big and easy to see.
    04-01-10 10:45 AM
    What you might miss on a Tour compared to a touchscreen device is the larger display of the touchscreen. The menus are easy to navigate, and typing addresses on a keyboard is easy, but the trade-off is a smaller screen, unless you get a device that has both a touchscreen and a keyboard.
    04-04-10 10:44 AM
    The Garmin Mobile application is not compatible with the BB Tour model. Please see the link below for a list of compatible devices.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Compatibility

RJ
    04-07-10 03:14 PM
    The Garmin Mobile application is not compatible with the BB Tour model. Please see the link below for a list of compatible devices.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Compatibility

RJ
    Actually, Garmin is compatible with the Tour. See the review I co-authored last month: Review: Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry Smartphones | CrackBerry.com

I have it running on my Verizon Tour as I write this reply.
    04-07-10 03:21 PM
    Anybody know if this will work on 8530 with US cellular? Thanks
    04-08-10 01:40 PM
    USCellular users seem to have many problems with GPS. USCellular does not disable it, so it should work, but often doesn't. I recommend you try the free trial to see how well it works before you spend any money.
    04-08-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD