Free yes - but it is an older version, and neither that or the new version will work with WIFI.
    ok..lol cAN YOU JUST TELL ME HOW U PLAN TO USE THIS ON THE ROAD WITH WIFI??? ANSWER THAT FOR ME..HAHAHAHA
    02-11-10 07:59 AM
    if there are any more requests for warez and other illegal links to cracked proprietary software i will consider banning without further warnings. You have all been warned.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    im surprised it took this long
    02-11-10 08:00 AM
    About time. I already notified Garmin of the thread a while ago.
    02-11-10 08:01 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ultrafied View Post

Did you notify blackberry about the leaked os your running too?
    GOOD POINT...! you owned him
    02-11-10 08:03 AM
    Wow. back up the truck little one.
    WOW! That was the gayest thing i have heard all day.

First - not crying at all.
    That's exactly what you were doing

Second - a leak is not illegal. This can include an official release from another carrier which may be used. Leaks are not stolen or illegal software, but unused OS releases.
    How do you figure? It is copyrighted material not meant for you or your device. You really don't have clue do you? You cant pick and choose what is illegal and whats not. A official os is NOT a leaked os, that's why it is called a leak. If you don't know the difference, it isn't worth explaining. Contact rim and ask them about it.

Now ... explain a free Garmin piece of software when it is a paid for application.
    I don't need to explain anything, all i have is the trial and i'm not the one crying and reporting threads.

Go back to your Warez boyfriends.
    I'm not like you
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 02-11-10 at 11:14 AM.
    02-11-10 08:06 AM
    Wow. back up the truck little one.
    First - not crying at all.
    Second - a leak is not illegal. This can include an official release from another carrier which may be used. Leaks are not stolen or illegal software, but unused OS releases.
    Now ... explain a free Garmin piece of software when it is a paid for application. I'm not splitting hairs. Last time I checked, I didn't buy my last OS, nor the official Verizon update, or the official Mexico update for the 9530, nor the official Bell release for the 9530. Go back to your Warez boyfriends.
    Wrong! A leak is not official release, thus the reason its called a leak. It may or may not ever become offcial.

Leaks are in all regards stolen unofficial released software.
    02-11-10 08:08 AM
    They come up missing around these parts.....Memphis, TN = First 48
    02-11-10 08:08 AM

Leaks are in all regards stolen unofficial released software.
    Thank You!!

@ultrafried

This thread really has nothing to do with a leaked os, but a cry baby that wants to be a snitch or trying to be a mod or whatever you are. If you don't like the thread, then don't click on it. Im sure that you have some illegal mp3's, icons for your themes, software (yes photoshop is software) or os for your computer.
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 02-11-10 at 08:58 AM.
    02-11-10 08:10 AM
    Same here. Works much better than VZ Navigator. I think it costs something like $80. Worth every penny.

As a whole, Garmin blows VZNavagator away. But the one great thing about VZNavagator was the traffic warnings. I swear they were accurate down to a couple hundred feet... this couldn't be further from the truth with garmin which has no warning ahead of time unless you look for yourself.
    02-11-10 08:13 AM
    Does Garmin announce street names or does it just say, "turn right"?
    02-11-10 11:48 AM
    OMG - this thread is hillarious!
    02-11-10 12:16 PM
    can somebody send me a link to the garmin?
    THANKS
    02-12-10 11:35 PM
    can somebody send me a link to the garmin?
    THANKS
    If there are any more requests for warez and other illegal links to cracked proprietary software I will consider banning without further warnings. You have all been warned.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    If you want the 7 day trial. This WILL work on the s2

this will work for the garmin 7 day trial on the 9550

Garmin GPS app for Storm2
    02-13-10 12:32 AM
    Thank You!!

@ultrafried

This thread really has nothing to do with a leaked os, but a cry baby that wants to be a snitch or trying to be a mod or whatever you are. If you don't like the thread, then don't click on it. Im sure that you have some illegal mp3's, icons for your themes, software (yes photoshop is software) or os for your computer.
    I didn't bring that topic up into the conversation, you did. To answer your question. I bought all my software and my other possessions, to the best of my knowledge, but I can see how much your honor costs.
    Now, just let it go and let the thread move on. I have said my piece and you have said yours.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 02-13-10 at 08:53 AM.
    02-13-10 08:09 AM
    Just tried the Garmin App and it worked great! I am very impressed. It was very accurate and fast. Hope this helps someone.
    D-
    02-13-10 08:21 PM
    man why do people wanna snitch beats me. then there blind when it comes to what they do. whats the old saying. don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.
    03-02-10 06:38 PM
    As a whole, Garmin blows VZNavagator away. But the one great thing about VZNavagator was the traffic warnings. I swear they were accurate down to a couple hundred feet... this couldn't be further from the truth with garmin which has no warning ahead of time unless you look for yourself.
    How so?

VZ Navigator is probably the best GPS app available. Well worth the money! i haven't found a single decent audible turn by turn GPS that is free. Having a list of directions isn't very useful when driving.

Having a stand-alone GPS is a hassle for those of us that travel a lot. Packing them, moving from car to car along wih the holder and charger is a chore. Not to mention you have to pay for map updates.

i also wouldn't switch to Garmin Mobile or LifeInPocket, TeleNav etc. i've used different GPS apps and VZ Nav is the best so far. i'd like to try out Drioid's GPS though. However, i wouldn't leave BlackBerry for Andriod.

i have both Garmin Mobile and VZ Navigator. VZ Navigator is the better GPS app by far. Only used Garmin to compare.

Garmin doesn't display miles to destination, hours/minutes til arrival nor what road you're currently on. It show MPH which is useless. i have a speedometer in my car. This feature would be ok if i still have my VW Bus with a broken speedo...

Garmin displays time of arrival. That is useless unless i back into my phone menu and check the time. Notice on the GM screen it says i'll arrive at 4:17 PM. Ok, but how many days later? The arrival info GM is displaying isn't useful on multiday trips.

To navigate to an address within BlackBerry contacts, you have to go through a two step process.
    VZ Nav is integrated into BlackBerry contact list.

Within the list of Favorites on Garmin, there is no way to jump to a Favorite by pressing a letter. You have to scroll through the entire list. That's silly. With VZ Nav, you open favorites, hit S and Subways will show.

Garmin Mobile doesn't display next step while navigating.

People think Garmin is so much better to buy than VZ Nav because it's a one time fee. Well, it's $100 and stays with your phone. How many people keep their phone for 2-3 years? Not many. So essentially GM is $100/year and VZ Nav is $120.

Those that are impressed with the Garmin Mobile UI and features have obviously never tired VZ Nav or their carriers GPS app. It's cheesy at best.

Here is an example. Both are navigating to the same address from the same starting point. i just hit Navigate and find address from my contacts. GM took an extra step to get started FYI.

Garmin Mobile

VZ Navigator

BIG difference to me

Here's an example of the Favorites list from both apps.

Garmin Mobile

VZ Navigator

i tend to have a lot of favorites saved. So to scroll through the entire list on GM takes forever. They need to add a jump to feature.

It depends how often you use GPS Nav, and what features are important to you. Also, how long you keep your phone. i upgrade every year, so VZ Nav is $20 more a year. Well worth it.

There's a huge list of cons for Garmin Mobile. The only one i have for VZ Nav is subscription. But even that isn't really a con totally. Since i upgrade every year...or for those that only use GPS Nav a few weeks at a time for trips. You can subscribe to VZ Nav and cancel after two weeks, thus getting a pro-rated price. GM doesn't have that option.

Garmin Mobile Cons

Cons:
    *Does not display miles to destination
    *Does not display time to destination
    *Does not display current road
    *Doesn not display next step
    *Does not integrate with BlackBerry Calender
    *No way to repeat audible direction
    *Cannot share locations, addresses, directions
    *Does not offer detours around traffic
    *Cannot transfer to new device
    *No Jump To in Favorites
    *No Trip Summery Option
    *No Trip Preview (Plan Trip) option
    * Does not display GPS Coordinates
    *Must exit app to view Trip List

As the app is now i wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. If compared to BlackBerry Map, Google Maps or Poynt then i'd go for GM for the audible turn by turn feature. But not compared to any of the carriers GPS apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 06:40 PM
    How so?

Garmin doesn't display miles to destination, hours/minutes til arrival nor what road you're currently on. It show MPH which is useless. i have a speedometer in my car. This feature would be ok if i still have my VW Bus with a broken speedo...

Garmin displays time of arrival. That is useless unless i back into my phone menu and check the time. Notice on the GM screen it says i'll arrive at 4:17 PM. Ok, but how many days later? The arrival info GM is displaying isn't useful on multiday trips.

Garmin Mobile doesn't display next step while navigating.

Garmin Mobile Cons

Cons:
    *No Jump To in Favorites
    *No Trip Summery Option

As the app is now i wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. If compared to BlackBerry Map, Google Maps or Poynt then i'd go for GM for the audible turn by turn feature. But not compared to any of the carriers GPS apps.

THATS MESSED UP WHEN A MOD DOESNT KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT...

GARMIN MOBILE DOES:
    Display miles to destination
    Display time to destination
    Display next step

I'M NOT GOING TO GO ANY FURTHER WITH THIS BUT MOST OF EVERYTHING THE MOD SAID WAS NOT THERE, IS ACTUALLY THERE. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS FOR IT TO DISPLAY THE TIME AND MILES TO DESTINATION..
    I SEE MINES EVERYTIME I USE MY GPS. IT SAYS HOWMANY MINTUES TO DESTINATION AND MILES.

ALSO IF YOU CHANGE SCREEN VIEW,YOU CAN SEE THE EXACT STREET YOUR ON
    Last edited by BLACKBERRYGEEKER; 03-02-10 at 09:43 PM.
    03-02-10 08:52 PM
    No, that's incorrect. You'll need to re-read my post.

It shows clock time to destination, not miles, and not time LEFT to destination. The time it shows is arrival clock time, which is pointless. It doesn't show time as in (2 hours, 30 minutes left).

Show me a screen shot where Garmin Mobile displays miles to destination and i'll amend my post. Maybe i have an old version of Garmin Mobile. What version do you have that does those things?

Show me a screen shot where the current road is shown.

Garmin shows only next turn, not step after.

If you can show me screen shots of any of the things you say Garmin does, and that i listed as a con, i'd be happy to change my post! Also, i have a Tour. i can only hope that Garmin Mobile has updated their software to fix all those issues!

03-02-10 09:03 PM
    Garmin Mobile Cons

Cons:
    *No Jump To in Favorites
    *No Trip Summery Option

1. See above.. You said it does not show time to desination

2. Also if you click on corner of screen while gps os navigating, it will give you options that list most of above... It will give you step by step directions as well
    03-02-10 09:21 PM
    well i have telenav v5.5 and vzn v5.1.0 and telenav blows the vzn away compared side by side. way better graphics (larger). the vzn is good it's just not great like the telenav. that being said i'd love to try the garmin but i haven't found a active trial(if thats what it has to be) link to compare. hint hint somebody
    03-02-10 09:25 PM
    It shows clock time, which i talked about above in my first post. It does NOT show time left. At least not on my version!

You may have a version for the Storm that isn't available for the Tour yet. Can you post some screen shots please? i'd like to see the cons addressed! If they are, and if the Tour would get an updated version of this app, i may change my mind about it.

03-02-10 09:28 PM
    well i have telenav v5.5 and vzn v5.1.0 and telenav blows the vzn away compared side by side. way better graphics (larger). the vzn is good it's just not great like the telenav. that being said i'd love to try the garmin but i haven't found a active trial(if thats what it has to be) link to compare. hint hint somebody
    That's something i did like about Garmin Mobile and would like about Telenav, the large icons. It makes it easier to navigate the menus when it's in the windshield cradle.

03-02-10 09:33 PM
    I will post screenshots later tonight. Not at home right now. But mines does show the timetoestination and adjust accordingly
    03-02-10 09:46 PM
    Ok good! Thanks!

Time left to destination (2 hours 40 minutes left) is much more useful than displaying the arrival time (4:17 PM)!

If they have addressed all those cons in the Storm app, then maybe the Tour is soon to follow. The version i have is only 2 months old. Mine has NO options for any of the cons i list.

Looking forward to seeing what was updated!

03-02-10 09:49 PM
147 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD