Does anyone use this? Is it working for storm2? Im thinking about getting it b/c Im not paying verizon 10 bucks a month for their gps. Wondering if anyone has it for the storm2 and it if works out ok.
    10-31-09 10:19 AM
    Yes. I have it and it works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 10:22 AM
    yeah, it works, but I think you need to pay for it as well.
    10-31-09 10:22 AM
    yeah, it works, but I think you need to pay for it as well.
    Yeah, one time purchase price $99.00. Had it on my S1 and loved it. Trying to get it on my S2.
    10-31-09 01:46 PM
    Garmin mobile works great and its a one time fee. Now if only garmin can make it compatible with the S2 its not allowing me to download. Here's a simple concept I would like to see blackberry and wireless vendors figure out. Can we just once have all the compatibility of apps available on launch day? Is that asking too much?

10-31-09 02:28 PM
    I had no problem installing Garmin on my Storm 2. If you purchased it you need to call Garmin support. The purchase is tied to your phone number, so no problem getting them to give you a new serial number and a link to the software. Took all of 5 minutes.
    10-31-09 02:55 PM
    I bought the lifetime Garmin Mobile from Handango for my S1. Got the S2 went to handango website out new pin in downloaded entered new code and it works flawlessly on my S2. The download link on garmun site don't work but from handango. (I bought when sale was on so I got it for 75 bucks instead of 100.

10-31-09 03:07 PM
    IF you so badly need the GPS then get the Droid... you'd be better off IMO.
    10-31-09 04:36 PM
    Garmin mobile works great and its a one time fee. Now if only garmin can make it compatible with the S2 its not allowing me to download. Here's a simple concept I would like to see blackberry and wireless vendors figure out. Can we just once have all the compatibility of apps available on launch day? Is that asking too much?

It works fine on m S2! The free trial doesn't work for this version so you need to purchase it before you get a download link.
    10-31-09 04:38 PM
    Works great on the S2! It's loads, and connects to GPS quickly. A very good app...
    10-31-09 05:36 PM
    And it's free!!
    10-31-09 05:40 PM
    I use a regular Garmin GPS and love it!
    10-31-09 07:08 PM
    So you don't even own an S2 and you recommend a phone that isn't even out yet. Yeah, you're the one they should listen to!
    10-31-09 07:59 PM
    Thanks fellas. Emailed garmin will await the new download link. Great program was hoping I didn't have to buy again. And your correct the trial download link isn't available.
    10-31-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks fellas. Emailed garmin will await the new download link. Great program was hoping I didn't have to buy again. And your correct the trial download link isn't available.
    I had it on my S1 and when I bought the S2 I used the desktop manager to transfer my apps to the new device. Garmin transferred over without a hitch. I didn't have to do a thing - it just worked.

10-31-09 08:34 PM
    I had no problem installing Garmin on my Storm 2. If you purchased it you need to call Garmin support. The purchase is tied to your phone number, so no problem getting them to give you a new serial number and a link to the software. Took all of 5 minutes.
    I did the same thing and it works awesome.
    10-31-09 11:20 PM
    I'm resurrecting this thread since it has reference to the 2 things I'm trying to drill down to (Storm 2 and Garmin).

There is no trial so I did buy it...I have a stand alone Garmin and I've trialed Garmin on my Tour and felt reasonably confident this would work for me.

I, however, am having a couple of issues and a question.

Issue One: I've noticed 2 distinctly different female voices giving me instruction, and this morning one of them told me to "keep right in 5 miles" and the other told me to "turn left in .2 miles".

Both of these instructions are accurate for the road I was on, however the pink highlighted route had me turning left. So why did another voice tell me to keep right in 5 miles. This is actually pretty funny now that I'm typing it out...I'm hearing voices from my garmin application.

Issue Two: I had to make a physical left turn at an intersection that had a red light and the program never told me to turn left. It showed me the left turn, just didn't announce it. It announced the next turn I needed to make after that with no issues. The turn it did not announce was 5 miles after the last turn I had made, so it wasn't a matter of turns being too close together.

And now my question...isn't there a way for me to look at my route and ask Garmin to route around specific roads? What if I know there's a back up but it hasn't registered in traffic yet? I'm not getting how traffic works in the program, I guess. I don't see an overlay of where the heavy traffic is, and the dedicated traffic icon just gives me bad traffic all around me but it's very difficult to pinpoint from that screen if I'm going to be impacted. Am I missing something?
    11-20-09 08:42 AM
    I'm resurrecting this thread since it has reference to the 2 things I'm trying to drill down to (Storm 2 and Garmin).

There is no trial so I did buy it...
    here is the trial that works fine on the s2. Dl at bottom

11-20-09 09:05 AM
    I purchased Garmin Mobile when I had my S1 for the same reason, I got tired of paying $10/month for VZ Navigator. It worked great on the S1. I've only had a couple of opportunites to use it on my S2, but seems to work great so far.
    11-21-09 10:32 AM
    How is the memory management on the Garmin app? Does it do a decent job of clearing up memory used for maps when they are no longer needed? Or is there maybe a "clear cache" menu option?
    11-21-09 12:40 PM
    I had it on my S1 and when I bought the S2 I used the desktop manager to transfer my apps to the new device. Garmin transferred over without a hitch. I didn't have to do a thing - it just worked.

Can you tell me how you did this?? I need to move my Garmin sw from my 8330 to my Storm 2 and cannot figure it out.
    12-19-09 01:19 PM
    Trying this free trial but my S2 won't recognize the URL when I enter it in my browser. Anyone encounter this?
    12-20-09 10:25 PM
    So if I buy this app and I get a new blackbery I can just transfer the garmin gps to my new phone?
    12-21-09 03:09 AM
    So if I buy this app and I get a new blackbery I can just transfer the garmin gps to my new phone?
    Yup, you are right. I have done it with 4 S1 and 1 S2, but all replacement I had was on the same phone number.
    12-21-09 07:16 AM
    Trying this free trial but my S2 won't recognize the URL when I enter it in my browser. Anyone encounter this?
    download the zip in post #18 and load it thru desktop manager
    12-21-09 07:22 AM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD