Maybe it's just me but I see a lot semi decent/decent games in BlackBerry world (bb10) and personally I think I'm quite pleased with the game selection to chose from, not to say that I hope that it keeps on growing.

On the other hand I don't see as many semi decent / decent apps on BlackBerry world. With NO statistical calculation or sound research I would say that for every good app I see in there, there are about 2-3 good games.

Aren't we all proud in saying that we use tools not toys.? Sure we love the games being offered the main point of BlackBerry is defined along the lines of hyper connected multi tasking person who is always on the move making things happen.

Should BlackBerry concentrate more on bringing quality apps? And if they already are concentrating on this what are the reasons that games are still ahead? Is it that they are easier to port? Or are game publishers just quicker to respond.

What do u guys think?

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-12-13 08:31 AM
    I personally agree. I'm not a big game player at all. It's not that I wish there were FEWER games, because I know there are people who find that important. And I know all the apps that I find useful won't be useful to others, especially apps that pertain to places I frequent and services I use. A wide selection of QUALITY apps is definitely the key.
    07-12-13 08:40 AM
    I don't play games on my smartphones. I want apps, this was a tweet I posted this morning:

Are 'games' more important to you than 'Apps'-capture.png
    07-12-13 08:42 AM
    I love the games. Just wish the Z10 had more space as those games can get large. There's a reason I use my 64 GB playbook as a gaming device over the Z10.
    07-12-13 08:48 AM
    I like to have a good balance of casual games and apps. For me personally when it comes to gaming I prefer a controller in my hand (i.e. PS3/360) as opposed to the touchscreen controls on a smart phone, so I would download games such as Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and the like as for time killers.
    07-12-13 08:55 AM
    Games really mean nothing to me. Apps are a subjective matter though. I have no need for things like Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, etc... but understand those who do.

For me, apps that are useful are important. Professional apps that get people to look at the platform is where BBRY needs serious help. Things like MedScape, good CRM/ERP apps, shift calendars, etc are the types of things I appreciate
    07-12-13 09:22 AM
    Personally, I'm happy with the game selection currently on BB10. It's the industry specific, specialty, and everyday (ie. banking) apps that I find lacking. I can sideload some of them, but the experience isn't ideal...they lack integration with the OS, i have to manually check for updates, and a lot of them do not run as well as they do on a native Android device.
    07-12-13 09:34 AM
    Not a chance

Saying that, i believe the average consumer just wants to upload pictures to social networking sites and play casual games.

Blackberry phones are said to " Get things done " so It would seem sensible for BlackBerry to obtain as many useful and productive apps as is possible to assist its users.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-12-13 09:45 AM
    Personally, I'm happy with the game selection currently on BB10. It's the industry specific, specialty, and everyday (ie. banking) apps that I find lacking. I can sideload some of them, but the experience isn't ideal...they lack integration with the OS, i have to manually check for updates, and a lot of them do not run as well as they do on a native Android device.
    That's the same issue I had with my sideloaded apps. They worked, but lacked the seamless integration that I was used to. I also noticed that some apps that were Android ports from BBW lacked certain features that were on the native Android apps.

I understand that the QUANTITY of apps are important to BBRY. It means that the possibility of an app that is important to someone is available on BB10, or at the very least a viable alternative. However, the features and functions that people are used to need to be there as well. I think it's a pretty good sign that apps are continuing to be updated.
    07-12-13 11:35 AM