Why is it, that companies, specifically tech companies, hold back when it comes to releasing new, faster products or bigger hard drives and things like that? Apple seems to break that barrier, then all other companies follow. Why does only apple and a couple others lead the pack? I heard there's a new quad core smartphone or something...Why is RIM never the one to start these chain reactions? I'm not asking why as in I'm 'dissappointed',
    I'm asking why, as in for what reason does only one or two companies get their hands on revolutionary technologies before everyone else? It almost seems planned in a way
    Weird. Any ideas? Just a question of curiosity, not trash talking any companies.
    04-11-12 07:58 PM
    Apple always made their new product looks like a big deal and advertise it everywhere
    so almost everyone knows when Apple make something new or something cool

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    04-11-12 08:52 PM
    I honestly don't know why too. Maybe true innovations are just really hard to bring out. Not giving what ppl want is often judged as not innovative. Remember few years ago when Sony first came out with some OLED screens, none gave a **** about that technology. They were busy buying big LCD TV screens from Samsung and Co. Now Samsung totally own the display market. None would say that Sony is innovative in that area anymore. There will always be 1-2 company that successful catch the mainstream trend until the tastes of the ppl change again. The consumers are the ones who decide how 'innovative' and how 'revolutionary' a company could be.
    04-11-12 09:18 PM
    It's all in the marketing and advertising.... the old saying.... ' we can sell ice blocks to eskomos'.

The advertising money has to be there and flood the airwaves with your product, to assimilate the masses, using a catchy tune or saying that the masses will remember... and then want to buy.
    04-11-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD