I never had my z30 die on me the battery lasted me all day what more can you ask
    10-13-14 04:47 AM
    I used to switch my Z10 batteries. It messed up the calibration. Never had battery reading calibration problems on my Z30.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-13-14 06:30 AM
    Because all batteries deteriorate, it will not last a day 20 months later. A simple Google search will show you that current battery technology is very flawed and there is a noticeable decrease in battery life within the first year of a phone usage.
    For me,i would like to be able to use the phone even after the original battery fails.

As for the whole portable battery vs battery swap thing, you CAN still use a portable charger with a phone with a removable battery if you want. But it is nice to have the option of having sealed in batteries, and you don't ever have to open the back cover if you don't want to swap the battery.

For me, I hate typing with the wire sticking on the side of my phone. And it truly inhibits the phone's usability. I will take a 2 minute swap and restart time over having to carry around an extra portable battery attached to the phone for a couple hours to get a full charge.

Ultimately, the biggest reason for wanting a removable battery is longevity. I am a broke university student and I cannot afford to get a new flagship phone every year. And I need to be able to switch out the battery once the original battery is done. Since my Q10 and the Z10 have removable batteries, I know I can just get a new battery when the original battery becomes unusable.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Agreed.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-13-14 07:00 AM
    I don't know about you, but when I go camping, it's so I can do something outdoors, and look at nature, and practice my survival training. Not stare at my phone and play angrybirds while surrounded by trees... But that's just me, I'm weird, I know...
    This. If I went camping I'd throw my phone in extended battery saving mode so I'd still get phone calls and texts in emergencies but not all the other stuff, and my battery would last several days. Plus, I'm on T-Mo so I most likely wouldn't have much data reception anyway if I was out in the woods.
    10-13-14 07:40 AM
    I can't remember which video it is but it was regarding the Passport and someone from BlackBerry saying it has an integrated battery because then they could maximise the battery capacity for that amount of space.

Not sure how that works...any engineers?

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    10-13-14 08:07 AM
    I mean, why would you need a removable battery while you can just charge your phone through bluetooth?
    10-13-14 08:38 AM
    I've always used external battery packs to keep my phones going. The main reason is that my older Bolds (e.g. 9700) and Torch (e.g. 9800) took flippin' forever to boot back up whenever I had to do the dreaded battery pull after the system hung up or ran out of memory. And after you throw in the reboot required after upgrading an app, I typically had to reboot once or twice a day, and having to reboot one more time if I had to change the battery would have driven me mad. Mad, I says.
    I know quite a few people on this forum were die-hard "I'll-never-buy-a-phone-if-it-doesn't-have-a-replaceable-battery", but an external charger worked okay for me, although it was a little bulkier/
    10-13-14 08:46 AM
    The battery in the Passport is huge. Maybe there is a bit more space for a large battery when it is non-removable. Or perhaps it's better for BlackBerry's bottom line.
    I don't like wearing out the USB port, so I do the three minute battery swap each day. This has been my process since my 9930 and the first battery bundle. If I ever get a Verizon Passport, I'll have to use my Q10s battery bundles for an extra boost and go back to the nightly plug-in.
    As far as camping goes, I disconnect, but I consider my phone part of my camping gear. I am a bit obsessed with having an operational means of communication (I don't know how parents or older siblings relaxed before cell phones). Hopefully the Passport does have an exceptional battery compared to the Samsung and we won't miss the removable battery much.

Q10
    10-13-14 11:28 AM
33 12