Noticed the galaxy s4 also has screen sharing feature during video chat , the difference is the s4 uses both cameras at once , they also got Samsung Knox looks like something like blackberry BALANCE.
    03-14-13 06:58 PM
    Well seeing as hoe BlackBerry innovated I'm not surprised Samsung stole it. Unfortunately you're probably gonna hear people who think Samsung did it first but that is how it's been and will be. Life goes on and I'm confident BlackBerry can hold their own.
    DuexNoir and BergerKing like this.
    03-14-13 07:07 PM
    I agree. Just like most people I know think that Apple invented the cloud when Microsoft had been doing it for years before. It's all in the marketing

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-14-13 07:18 PM
    Android and Samsung have been copying things for years. What is really disturbing is now that Google/Android/Samsung is becoming so dominant in marketshare, and they are starting to lock in services or making them better for only for Android devices. Very similar strategy that Microsoft used through the 90's of copy the competition, then wipe them out. Google may start getting the hairy eyeball from the DoJ before too long just like Microsoft too if they continue on their current path.
    03-15-13 07:46 AM
    Guys... Samsung only steals from the best. How do you know what's the best device out there, find out who samsung will steal from next.
    DzarulAzwar likes this.
    03-15-13 07:57 AM
    They don't have screen share... what they have is being able to use the rear camera to see what you're seeing ahead of you. Unless I missed something, which is entirely possible.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-15-13 07:58 AM
    And the Z10 took some from....and the iphone took some from.....and on and on.
    03-15-13 08:03 AM
    And the Z10 took some from....and the iphone took some from.....and on and on.
    Thanks for the injection of reality... as usual.

Samsung does seem to like to, uh, vigorously borrow stuff (LOL), though if BBRY has some solid ground (not sure myself), it can sue.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-15-13 08:05 AM
    yep they also got screen share
    03-15-13 08:21 AM
    Samsung is doing its best to make as much money on Android before Google pulls the plug on development. Unfortunately for Google they are just not making as much money on Android as they should be.
    03-15-13 08:36 AM
    03-15-13 08:49 AM
    How about this for inside leaks: The guy making the feature announcements (not the actor but the other guy), Biden, I believe is his last name, was formerly a BlackBerry employee until a year or two ago, according to BNN. BNN also went on to suggest that the Knox and various features similar to BlackBerry may have been taken from this guys' head. So if you want inside info? Hire the upper crust from your competitor.

I didn't like how Apple kept suing people like Samsung lawsuit a while back but now I can certainly understand their sentiment.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-15-13 10:03 AM
    Is there really a point to this thread? All companies take ideas at some point...
    03-15-13 10:23 AM
    yea i dont think consumers really are. i wish a company would come out and copy every great feature from every phone. people just want to use the best and at the lowest cost.
    03-15-13 10:57 AM
    Is there really a point to this thread? All companies take ideas at some point...
    I don't know about the point of the thread but companies copying one another without innovating on the feature or no innovations at all means a step back for technological advancements and the consumer loses. That's my opinion.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-15-13 05:45 PM
    It takes more than a couple features to make it a great communication device. S4 has some Gimmicks, unfortunately, Gimmicks without a purpose does not result in a brilliant design.

Z10 is brilliant in DESIGN, S4 has plenty of Gimmicks. Both will has their audience and places to shine in.
    03-15-13 07:47 PM
    they all steal equal amounts from one another at this point. apple steals, htc steals, samsung steals, blackberry steals. look at bb10. if you don't see that as major "borrowing" you aren't paying attention. they all do it.
    03-15-13 09:43 PM
    they all steal equal amounts from one another at this point. apple steals, htc steals, samsung steals, blackberry steals. look at bb10. if you don't see that as major "borrowing" you aren't paying attention. they all do it.
    No, BlacBerry is innocent. Touchscreen and virtual keyboard aside
    03-15-13 10:08 PM