View Poll Results: Galaxy Nexus or Bold 9900

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nexus

20 31.75%
  • Bold 9900

43 68.25%
    Hi everyone. I currently have an LG Optimus 2x with android on it and the Os lags like crazy. I hate typing on touch screens, especially on the LG. I have an opportunity to get a new phone and I'm split 50/50 between the galaxy nexus and the Bold 9900. I also have a playbook and I was wondering if getting a BB for it is worth it. I've noticed that android becomes laggy after a while and that really annoyed me.
    03-24-12 10:21 PM
    You asked the question on a site full of BlackBerry fans. But still even I voted for the Nexus. It shows how much deep the RIM has gone.
    03-24-12 10:29 PM
    Buy a device based on your needs, the two kinda really don't compare to each other.

How will you use the device?
    What will it's main function be?

Polls asking for differentiation of devices on a BlackBerry fan site make little to no sense, lol.
    Mystic205 and blue-b like this.
    03-24-12 10:46 PM
    Hi everyone. I currently have an LG Optimus 2x with android on it and the Os lags like crazy. I hate typing on touch screens, especially on the LG. I have an opportunity to get a new phone and I'm split 50/50 between the galaxy nexus and the Bold 9900. I also have a playbook and I was wondering if getting a BB for it is worth it. I've noticed that android becomes laggy after a while and that really annoyed me.
    you don't like typing on a touchscreen and you have a blackberry playbook. those are the two best reasons why you ought to choose the 9900.

---------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    Chrisy and gwolf1 like this.
    03-24-12 11:06 PM
    This is an awful place to ask for a nonbiased opinion.

The answer depends on your needs.

If you do a lot of typing: BlackBerry
    If you do a lot of media/apps: Nexus
    gwolf1 likes this.
    03-24-12 11:14 PM
    I have the LG Optimus 2x, the Galaxy Note and the BB9900 and the PB. The Optimus was long unused, being replaced by the Note but after my 9900 arrived, I hardly used my Note.

I would combi the 9900 with the PB. Before that I would combi the Note with the Bold 9700.

The Note however is still hanging on because of skype and now Angry birds space.

But since side loading became possible, my PB has almost all the droid apps the Note use to have. I still find tying on the 9900 more convenient than the NOte or the PB so ofterntimes, I compose on the 9900 instead.
    gwolf1 likes this.
    03-24-12 11:22 PM
    If you hate typing on touchscreens, the answer should be obvious.
    03-25-12 12:13 AM
    id love to help you compare but living here i do i havn't been able to play with either :'(
    but seriously you answered your own question, you hate typing on touch screens so why get something that's a touch screen?? how about getting a 9810 . best of both worlds, big touch screen plus a full QWERTY keyboard
    gwolf1 likes this.
    03-25-12 07:49 AM
    It appears that you answered your own question. You've already invested in a PlayBook so why not take it a step further and get the 99xx for the full experience of BlackBerry devices
    gwolf1 likes this.
    03-25-12 08:02 AM
    The 9900 is better. And only a BB will properly pair with the playbook and it looks like another OS upgrade is around the corner.

You'll probably end-up with lag on the Nexus as well. I tried it - Google maps was running as some kind of live background and the phone lagged
    Last edited by anthogag; 03-25-12 at 08:16 AM.
    gwolf1 likes this.
    03-25-12 08:06 AM
    You'll get a less biased opinion if you mail RIM directly and ask.
    03-25-12 08:16 AM
    The 9900 is better. And only a BB will properly pair with the playbook and it looks like another OS upgrade is around the corner.

You'll probably end-up with lag on the Nexus as well. I tried it - Google maps was running as some kind of live background and the phone lagged
    ::headdesk:: That was the Google maps live wallpaper. You can change that out to a static background or other live wallpaper that isn't as graphically complicated.

OP, I had tmo's version of that phone and hated it. It was riddled with bugs. No wonder Android has left a bad taste in your mouth. I'm with the others, though. If you hate typing on a touch screen the answer is obvious. However, remember that there's a world of difference between typing on a laggy touch screen and a very responsive one, as I'm sure you've noticed with the playbook. I'd go to a store and test drive both of them. Make your choice, take it home, and give it a thorough run through of your most used tasks. If the device you chose can't handle them, take it back within the return period. Good luck!!
    gwolf1 likes this.
    03-25-12 08:37 AM
    Thanks to everyone who replied. Have I know I said I hate to touch on touchscreens but I was a little worried about the battery life on the the Bold and the lack of aps. I am a University student and I'm on the Go all the time so I need something that I can access my email easily and reliably and get some work done. I never had a blackberry but I always loved the keyboard on them and the quality look of their phones. I hate carrying around plastic bricks.
    03-25-12 10:26 AM
    If email is your main thing than a 9900 it is!
    03-25-12 10:33 AM

Preference. 90% of online reviews will disagree with your "9900 is better" comment.

Also, maps doesn't make my Galaxy Nexus lag. If you were using the maps live wallpaper, that could have been the problem.
    03-25-12 11:36 AM
    Preference. 90% of online reviews will disagree with your "9900 is better" comment.

Also, maps doesn't make my Galaxy Nexus lag. If you were using the maps live wallpaper, that could have been the problem.

Online reviews from where, this forum

Yes it was Google maps as a live wallpaper and it lagged.

Another time in another store the demo Nexus was bricked
    03-25-12 12:19 PM
    Though I voted for BlackBerry 9900 - it's a gorgeous device that looks awesome to play with and use - I also love the Galaxy Nexus. I think it's a really hard choice to make - choosing between two great phones with some similar and different features - so I would do a lot of research on both products. Do you have any friends with a Nexus that experience lagging? I haven't heard that from my friends who use them; but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've heard good things about the 9900, as well. Both phones are amazing; so either way, you're making a great product choice!

One thing I would think of would be touchscreen versus physical keyboard. You have an LG Optimus (a great phone, too); so the Nexus might be a logical next step. But you also have a PlayBook, which means you might be interested in RIM software, too. Hmm, a tough choice! But a fun one! Try playing with your friends' 9900's/Nexus or try them out in the store and see which one you prefer! Good luck, and let us know which phone you've chosen!
    03-25-12 12:25 PM
    Online reviews from where, this forum

Yes it was Google maps as a live wallpaper and it lagged.

Another time in another store the demo Nexus was bricked
    No, actually. Lots of reviewers were calling the Galaxy Nexus "the best phone on the market" when it released, and it released after the 9900.

I have seen bricked BB store demos as well. Having a bricked device in the store means nothing other than the staff isn't paying attention or doing their jobs.

The 9900 is the best BB on the market. Their are plenty of other devices from other platforms I can think of that are overall better. But if you want the best BB, you buy the 9900. All preference.
    03-25-12 12:32 PM

But! Even with all that, you have to admit, for this particular OP, the 9900 is probably the best bet.
    03-25-12 01:08 PM
    But! Even with all that, you have to admit, for this particular OP, the 9900 is probably the best bet.
    Agreed. My first comment in this thread about how he doesn't like typing on touchscreen adressed that. The OP is better off with the BB.
    03-25-12 01:11 PM
    Wow too totally different phone eh.
    I will go with the bold hehe
    03-25-12 03:23 PM
    I would go for the nexus simply because future OS support will be better. The 9900 isn't getting bb10 and if your gonna have something for 2 years might as well get something that's going to be better supported. Just my suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-25-12 04:10 PM
    I have owned both for some time and used them everyday. I prefer the Nexus and its my current device. The Bold has an AMAZING keyboard and hardware. The Nexus allows me to get more done in a faster way. Im more productive the the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 08:04 AM
    Well gwolf1 if you are a University student and on the go all the time you must stick out like a sore thumb! Most students that I know are very, er, relaxed. Good luck with your choice.
    03-26-12 08:16 AM
    I just recently got my dad the Galaxy Nexus, while I have a 9780 and a playbook.
    While playing around with the Nexus, I got really excited about everything that you could do and was momentarily converted. It's a really nice phone, and you wouldn't be disappointed with it at all. It has a great camera, easy to use, fun to look at, lots of useful apps, etc etc.
    But on the other hand, as soon as I put it down and picked up my blackberry, which isn't nearly as nice as the 9900, I was reminded that I actually prefer my blackberry, especially with the playbook, since it works so conveniently for all the things that are important to me.

There is also something just inherently enjoyable about typing with a physical keyboard, especially the 9900. I've played around with my friend's and have been tempted many times to give up on my wait for BB10 and just get the 9900. The wait... is... killing me.

I'd say, get the Nexus, try it out a few days, return it and get the Bold, try it out a few days, and then just stay with the Bold. But honestly, I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.
    03-26-12 01:07 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD