Turns out that Samsung freaked about the Moto-Google deal and with todays announcement about the death of HPalm, that begs the question of "What is happening in the mobile-tech arena?"

Samsung and HP were already talking about licensing WebOS... Well maybe they will sell it to Samsung and Samsung will just go ahead and release a WebOS line of phones....

I think we are going to see manufacturers start to move away from android.....

What do you guys think?
    08-19-11 03:37 PM
    i see it as an added segment for samsung who is already becoming the biggest smartphone hardware manufacture around.
    08-19-11 03:41 PM
    With using android or no?

I guess the top executives said it was more about software now than hardware.
    08-19-11 03:44 PM
    yes they would keep android and have a webOS line as well
    08-19-11 03:48 PM
    Samsung is not going to abandon a profitable line.

I think we are getting carried away by a somewhat romantic view of business. Corporations do things to make money. Samsung doesn't care that (in the paraphrased words of a poster or two) Google is playing "favorites." Samsung cares that they can make money off a free OS and have the built-in backing of the Google ecosystem.

If Samsung is smart, they would seek the WebOS licensing. I surely would. It doesn't mean that they will shut the door on a profitable arm of business (Android-powered hardware); they will be diversifying in a sense.

Companies are in it for money. If Google put out an unofficial mixtape dissing Samsung, Samsung will shake it off and keep using Android... as long as they make money.
    08-19-11 04:01 PM
    Samsung is not going to abandon a profitable line.

I think we are getting carried away by a somewhat romantic view of business. Corporations do things to make money. Samsung doesn't care that (in the paraphrased words of a poster or two) Google is playing "favorites." Samsung cares that they can make money off a free OS and have the built-in backing of the Google ecosystem.

If Samsung is smart, they would seek the WebOS licensing. I surely would. It doesn't mean that they will shut the door on a profitable arm of business (Android-powered hardware); they will be diversifying in a sense.

Companies are in it for money. If Google put out an unofficial mixtape dissing Samsung, Samsung will shake it off and keep using Android... as long as they make money.
    If microsoft get's $15 for every android phone they sell, wouldn't that make them want to look elsewhere?
    08-19-11 04:46 PM
    If microsoft get's $15 for every android phone they sell, wouldn't that make them want to look elsewhere?
    Depends though. They are avoiding licensing fees to Google; I suspect they are still making profits and coming out way ahead.
    08-19-11 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD