E ink, e paper, hybrid technology (call it what you may) is the future of smartphone display technology. The iPhone 6 will have it. It will undoubtedly conserve battery consumption and offer excellent renderings which are easy on the eyes.

I was just thinking how awesome the passport would look and feel with it integrated into the OS. What's BlackBerry doing to innovate this technology?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:13 PM
    The iPhone 6 will have it.
    [citation needed]
    08-09-14 09:18 PM
    So what you're saying is.. the iPhone 6 will look like a Kindle? I guess that's one way to take the "flat look" to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster, johnnyuk, KDB84 and 1 others like this.
    08-09-14 09:34 PM
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/55731...ease-apple.htm

Just follow the patent trails. E-ink / hybrids are the future (Hence the trend in flat icon and layout design). And it's going to be both a battery saver and an aesthetic pleasure.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:36 PM
    So what you're saying is.. the iPhone 6 will look like a Kindle? I guess that's one way to take the "flat look" to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    No. It won't look like a Kindle. It will leverage the same technology to conserve battery life and provide an excellent rendering experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:38 PM
    No. It won't look like a Kindle. It will leverage the same technology to conserve battery life and provide an excellent rendering experience.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize the reason bi-stable displays get excellent battery life is because they only draw power during transitions (showing a new page, etc). If you use it to "provide excellent rendering experience" at 30/60/... frames per second... then you are obviating its power savings.

If anything, it will be used to show a static screen when the main screen is on standby. Sounds fine, but... not sure how many people can see their screens when their phone is in their pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:47 PM
    Ok.. But it's still going to look great and be better than current technology.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:52 PM
    No offense, but you really don't have a single clue what your talking about.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:13 PM
    E ink, e paper, hybrid technology (call it what you may) is the future of smartphone display technology. The iPhone 6 will have it. It will undoubtedly conserve battery consumption and offer excellent renderings which are easy on the eyes.

I was just thinking how awesome the passport would look and feel with it integrated into the OS. What's BlackBerry doing to innovate this technology?

Posted via CB10
    Are you a Yota representative by any chance?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-09-14 10:22 PM
    No offense, but you really don't have a single clue what your talking about.

Posted via CB10
    I make a living from such trends. It's coming. Deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:54 PM
    I honestly can't imagine an E-ink display (like a Kindle) playing a video... and didn't amazon move to lcd for the fire? Wouldn't that make this old technology that's phasing out?...
    08-09-14 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then you, my friend, are about to lose money, haha.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:55 PM
    A while ago there was a concept floating around here of a BlackBerry with a bi-stable always on notification strip at the top of the display (so that you didn't have to wake up the screen to glance at them).

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:36 AM
    Are you a Yota representative by any chance?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Exactly my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then you may want to remember Warren Buffet's mantra to not invest in things you don't understand yourself. Because it seems like this is exactly what you do.

You don't provide any substance here because you have no clue. What you're saying is along the lines of "there's a technology coming you can call what you want because I don't anything about it but it'll be awesome and the iPhone 6 will have it"....

Unless you provide us with knowledge, details and references just don't say anything at all please.
    08-10-14 05:20 AM
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/55731...ease-apple.htm

Just follow the patent trails. E-ink / hybrids are the future (Hence the trend in flat icon and layout design). And it's going to be both a battery saver and an aesthetic pleasure.

Posted via CB10
    So I read your reference. Nice, because your "source" appears to be just as clueless as you are. No word on how it exactly works, no word on quality, no word on battery consumption. Nothing more than a short summary of a random patent filed in Q1 2009, clearly written by someone who wasn't able to further elaborate on it in any way. So what exactly is it about this topic that let you come here, open a thread and spout nothing but random misinformation on something you don't understand?

This is worthless.
    08-10-14 05:29 AM
    So I read your reference. Nice, because your "source" appears to be just as clueless as you are. No word on how it exactly works, no word on quality, no word on battery consumption. Nothing more than a short summary of a random patent filed in Q1 2009, clearly written by someone who wasn't able to further elaborate on it in any way. So what exactly is it about this topic that let you come here, open a thread and spout nothing but random misinformation on something you don't understand?

This is worthless.
    Normally I don't respond to garbage, but I'll gladly take your money. Put your money where your mouth is big boy. Name the amount. iPhone 6 will have unique e display, and it's the future of display. PM me with terms I'll gladly take your money lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well I certainly hope Apple would finally come out with a phone with a decent battery. 3 generations of iPhones with completely horrible battery life. About time they copy everyone else like they always do.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:18 AM
    This is the first news I've heard of the iPhone 6 coming with an E ink display. The main rumours seem to circle the new screen are it being larger and using sapphire crystal.
    08-10-14 10:29 AM
    Normally I don't respond to garbage, but I'll gladly take your money. Put your money where your mouth is big boy. Name the amount. iPhone 6 will have unique e display, and it's the future of display. PM me with terms I'll gladly take your money lol.

Posted via CB10
    Everything you say is just wow.
    rocah360 likes this.
    08-10-14 11:53 AM
    Do you have any links to official design specifications? I highly doubt that the current e-ink screens will be on any device that is used for media consumption, which is really what iPhones thrive on.

As previously mentioned, the technology uses power to change the image on screen. If you are correct, the phone will kill its battery before you can get through a full length HD movie, at 30 fps. And, iPhones aren't known for great battery life as it is.

Besides, I've used my Kobo Touch to browse the web. It?s nice for reading articles but the scrolling is not what I would consider to be desirable by the mainstream end user.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    08-10-14 12:18 PM
    I honestly can't imagine an E-ink display (like a Kindle) playing a video... and didn't amazon move to lcd for the fire? Wouldn't that make this old technology that's phasing out?...
    Tablets fail badly as e readers. Bad for the eyes, short battery life, increased weight and size, terrible for reading in sunlight. Only benefit I can see is the store looks prettier.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:34 PM
    I heard the iPhone 6 will have the "new" "old" display of a vacuum fluorescent, it will work with the new flat designed icons, also they will be moving away from coloured displays, it's a new trend, it's supposed to conserve battery life.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-10-14 04:42 PM
    Color e-ink is still in early stages of development. I don't think we will see e-ink displays on phones anytime soon.
    08-10-14 04:49 PM
    Color e-ink is still in early stages of development. I don't think we will see e-ink displays on phones anytime soon.
    Hit the nail on the head. It is still in the early stages of development but I fully expect to see it integrated into iPhone 6 , albeit not to the extent we'll see in the future. "Hybrid" is where I think we're heading with ink integrated in as opposed to an either/or display.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:03 PM
87 123 ...