Awhile back, we were told that BlackBerry was ending support for the current devices (Excluding Passport and up). Has that changed now since we've been told of a 10.3.3 update coming? I'm curious as to when BlackBerry well stop updates for good.

Posted with my Z10 and future Classic
    08-03-15 02:40 AM
    When it ends up listed here lol - http://us.blackberry.com/support/bus...ife-cycle.html

And references before were just rumor and speculation. It's obvious BlackBerry will stop updates to older devices at some point but as of now, there's no certain signs of it. Especially given the devices, even newer ones, are still running hardware that is all a long the same lines as some of the first BB10 device released. Leap for example.
    08-03-15 03:38 AM
    As long as they support the Classic and Leap, they have to support the Z10 and Q10. If they didn't it would be such a massive PR issue. That is one reason why it was stupid to make the current devices with no improvement. They are essentially making the old devices life span much longer than it should be, limiting potential sales that they need to do other things.

My concern is the Z30 sitting out on an island. It is the only device with that particular SOC, and has the Paratek antenna too (did any other device get this?). This would be the first device they would possibly EOL. Would still be a PR nightmare, but they could justify it with limited devices out there with it and limited resources to support it now.

Posted via Z30
    08-03-15 05:48 AM
    The leap also has the paratek antenna

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:07 AM
    My concern is the Z30 sitting out on an island. It is the only device with that particular SOC, and has the Paratek antenna too (did any other device get this?). This would be the first device they would possibly EOL. Would still be a PR nightmare, but they could justify it with limited devices out there with it and limited resources to support it now.

Posted via Z30
    The Z30, Classic, and Leap share the identical OS and radio files. No worries.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 08:19 AM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:24 AM