I don’t care what’s on display, I care what’s available. Most of the world does not buy from carriers.
    You reside here in the US correct? (Any consumers main two choices at any of the 4 main carriers are iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. Do you disagree with that?)
    09-12-19 06:25 PM
    You reside here in the US correct? (Any consumers main two choices at any of the 4 main carriers are iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. Do you disagree with that?)
    I do.
    I use Cricket (AT&T) as my carrier but buy my phones unlocked. If I were to go to a Cricket (I have a few times) they have LG, Moto, Samsung, Apple, Nokia and Alcatel to name a few.
    So, yes, I disagree.
    09-12-19 06:33 PM
    Don’t disagree. That doesn’t decrease the available brands and devices though.
    Of course it decreases the available brands. You use a MNVO of one of the 4 major retailers. If you visit the parent company of Cricket (AT&T) you will observe the limited choice and dominance of Apple and Samsung. Shoot head over to any Best Buy and tell me what other OEM has "dedicated floor space" for their devices. Try to find a case or screen protector for anything other than i devices and Galaxy.
    09-12-19 06:56 PM
    I don’t care what’s on display, I care what’s available. Most of the world does not buy from carriers.
    But in the USA and probably NA, people do actually purchase through carriers. Monthly payments, carrier stores for sales and carrier service centers within some larger stores for warranty and repair support.

Reinforcing this is blocking enhanced calling features to factory unlocked devices if one decides to go around the system. I’ve learned my lesson...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-12-19 06:58 PM
    I do.
    I use Cricket (AT&T) as my carrier but buy my phones unlocked. If I were to go to a Cricket (I have a few times) they have LG, Moto, Samsung, Apple, Nokia and Alcatel to name a few.
    So, yes, I disagree.
    Cricket is affiliated but not one of the 4 (soon to be 3) main carriers. The main carriers could give a rats *** for any OEM not Apple of Samsung. Its "Ford or Chevy" at any of the main carriers. Those (besides some Pixel) are the only OEM's that advertise anymore.
    09-12-19 06:58 PM
    Of course it decreases the available brands. You use a MNVO of one of the 4 major retailers. If you visit the parent company of Cricket (AT&T) you will observe the limited choice and dominance of Apple and Samsung. Shoot head over to any Best Buy and tell me what other OEM has "dedicated floor space" for their devices. Try to find a case or screen protector for anything other than i devices and Galaxy.
    When you go into those locations, the carrier salespeople will politely walk you past the factory unlocked phones to show you what you really want, even if you don’t...
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-12-19 07:00 PM
    Carrier stores are in business to make money, therefore the majority of their space will be given to those brands that sell best and are returned least. They offer more for those that may want them but it might take a little more searching. That’s no different than other products in retail settings.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-12-19 07:20 PM
    The thing is that consumers who are wanting a full time PKB seek out the only device that offers that attribute. A lower price might help a bit as would some sort of enticement to current BB10 owners.
    09-12-19 09:39 PM
    The thing is that consumers who are wanting a full time PKB seek out the only device that offers that attribute. A lower price might help a bit as would some sort of enticement to current BB10 owners.
    Niche products aren't cheaper, they're more expensive, because it costs money to serve a niche and there's no efficiencies of scale. Also, NO ONE cares about the people who are still hanging on to BB10 in 2019 - such people are such contrarians that no one is worried about what they want or think. That may seem overly blunt, but it's the truth. Catering to those few people would mean foregoing the more mainstream buyers, and no sensible company is going to do that.

Some customers are better not being served, as even if your product is extremely popular with them, their tastes are so far off the mainstream that your product is going to fail if they like it.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2015...-new-products/
    09-12-19 10:06 PM
    But there are millions of Legacy owners out there....we have that on good authority... ( sarcasm)
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-13-19 at 12:20 AM.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-12-19 10:13 PM
    There have been, count 'em, seven BlackBerry branded phones with "most of the world" availability since bb10 died. Four of the seven were PKB. Yet, for all the past 4 or 5 years all I heard was how they'd sooner sell their children into slavery than use a different OS.

So literally, the only "enticement" for the bb10 crowd is another bb10 phone, which has exactly a 0% chance of happening. Years past and years to come, they will continue to wait for someone willing to flush billions down the toilet for the sake of making them happy.
    Last edited by kvndoom; 09-13-19 at 06:09 AM.
    ppeters914, John Albert and pdr733 like this.
    09-13-19 05:31 AM
    Commercially, nobody cares about remaining BB10 users. Statistically irrelevant and have no choice but to eventually choose Android/iOS hardware or go off grid.
    09-13-19 06:27 AM
    No Mas ...staggers out of the ring.
    09-13-19 07:08 AM
    No Mas ...staggers out of the ring.
    Sorry. Let me help you sit down. Need some water?
    09-13-19 07:59 AM
    Nope. I'd add in LG on the margins.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-13-19 09:36 AM
    Nope. I'd add in LG on the margins.

What about Moto?
    09-13-19 05:22 PM
    What about Moto?
    Haven't seen one at an AT&T store in ages. Maybe Verizon?

09-13-19 06:33 PM
    Haven't seen one at an AT&T store in ages. Maybe Verizon?

I haven’t been to either one in ages so I’m not sure. They seem to be talked about quite a bit online so I guess I assume they are available in brick and mortar stores.
    09-13-19 06:46 PM
    I haven’t been to either one in ages so I’m not sure. They seem to be talked about quite a bit online so I guess I assume they are available in brick and mortar stores.
    I’ve only seen them factory unlocked in Wallyland, BustedBuy and Costtoomuch
    09-13-19 07:14 PM
    I’ve only seen them factory unlocked in Wallyland, BustedBuy and Costtoomuch
    So widely available.
    09-13-19 07:15 PM
    So widely available.
    But not available with the monthly payments... $200-300 is 10x $20-30 and consumerism being what that is...
    09-13-19 07:18 PM
    But not available with the monthly payments... $200-300 is 10x $20-30 and consumerism being what that is...
    Perhaps, but I’d still like to see what their sales figures are. Motorola is way down the food chain but not insignificant.
    I do understand the payment plans and how some people rely on it. It wouldn’t be America if we weren’t buying things we can’t afford.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-13-19 07:24 PM
    Perhaps, but I’d still like to see what their sales figures are. Motorola is way down the food chain but not insignificant.
    I do understand the payment plans and how some people rely on it. It wouldn’t be America if we weren’t buying things we can’t afford.
    AT&T, VZW and T-MOBILE all show one and maybe two phones but it’s obvious the brand is on the way out with carriers. When advertising $0-$10/month and online refurbs, it’s one step ahead of BBMo and HMD is bringing up third with DIII level competition.. I’ve got to find something carrier based if this whole dual sim XR isn’t sliced bread
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-13-19 at 07:57 PM.
    09-13-19 07:44 PM
    AT&T, VZW and T-MOBILE all show one and maybe two phones but it’s obvious the brand is on the way out with carriers. When advertising $0-$10/month and online refurbs, it’s one step ahead of BBMo and HMD is bringing up third with DIII level competition..
    My grandmother in a wheelchair is a step ahead of BBMo.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-13-19 07:57 PM
    My grandmother in a wheelchair is a step ahead of BBMo.
    LMAO -
    09-13-19 07:59 PM
385 ... 910111213 ...