Well I think this is a question a lot of faithful BlackBerry users have been asking ourselves and others more lately. What is the future of BlackBerry? Will there even be a BlackBerry in the coming years? I for one do not want see that happen. I have been a loyal BlackBerry user since 2009 when I purchased my BlackBerry Curve 8330. I am currently using the Bold 9930 and I love my Bold. Looking forward to getting the Q10, but is it worth it now? Please don't crucify me for that question. At this point in the game, it is very valid. Let me hear some responses.
    11-30-13 02:03 AM
    It's very damn worth it. Don't worry about it. BlackBerry won't vanish any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:05 AM
    i def hope not, i love my blackberry, i shutter at the thought of having to use an android device or an iPhone.
    11-30-13 02:10 AM
    i def hope not, i love my blackberry, i shutter at the thought of having to use an android device or an iPhone.
    Have you looked at the upcoming features of 10.2.1? Great stuff is coming. And BBM Channels released this week.

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:11 AM
    Yes and this has me very excited for blackberry
    11-30-13 02:12 AM
    Yeah you should get it. I got mine in June and with the 10.2.1.1055 leak, the Q10 has even more features and functionality.

People have been asking what the future of BlackBerry is for years now. No one knows. It doesn't seem to be headed in a direction where it will be on top of the world again, but instead will be on top of a select segment of the market (business /enterprise).

I don't regret getting my Z10 or Q10, and in fact, I just ordered a white Q10 too. I would buy the Z30 if BlackBerry had it for sale on their website in the U.S.

I'm a longtime BlackBerry user and have always enjoyed their products. I know beforehand what I'm buying. I know I can watch YouTube and play some games, but that my BlackBerry will be mainly for calls/texts/bbm/email/web browsing (new web browser is great btw).

As long as BlackBerry is around and offers consumers a chance to buy their devices, I'll keep buying them whenever they come out. These BlackBerry 10 phones are a new breed of BlackBerry, and it's just a shame that BlackBerry really did very little to inform consumers of this fact.

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:13 AM
    Totally agree, there PR was horrible for these devices. I few I work with have the z10 and i have played around with it and i really like it and I am not even a fan of full touch devices.
    11-30-13 02:15 AM
    Totally agree, there PR was horrible for these devices. I few I work with have the z10 and i have played around with it and i really like it and I am not even a fan of full touch devices.
    Same here. I thought the Q10 was going to come out back around January when they announced the new phones. I had never had a touchscreen phone, only an iPod touch.

Then the Z10 came out, and by the way BlackBerry and the U.S. carriers were lagging, I could tell it would be months before the Q10 got released, and I wanted BlackBerry 10 so badly haha So I bought the Z10 and sold my 9900 and 9810... and forced myself to use a touchscreen phone. I was surprised by how good the Z10 keyboard actually is. I learned to use it well, though nothing beats a real keyboard... and the Q10 definitely has the best keyboard on any BlackBerry. I was unsure how I'd like the straight across style of keys, as opposed to all the other Bolds, where the frets are curved.

This keyboard is just awesome, and I don't care if the Q10 looks old school or whatever, it's my favorite BlackBerry I've ever owned. It's like the ultimate BlackBerry haha

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:21 AM
    Im still waiting on my carrier to get the z10 or q10! Its driving me crazy lol. I love my bold 9930, its like typing on air. If the q10 can do that good, im def looking forward to an upgrade
    11-30-13 02:24 AM
    Im still waiting on my carrier to get the z10 or q10! Its driving me crazy lol. I love my bold 9930, its like typing on air. If the q10 can do that good, im def looking forward to an upgrade
    Which carrier??

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:27 AM
    Appalachian Wireless, its a regional carrier.
    11-30-13 02:28 AM
    Z10 would be the cheaper purchase but if you really want a great keyboard it's the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:29 AM
    I just got my Q10 shy of a week ago, having come from using a Bold 9900. As it is now, and as heavily as I rely on it, this thing is very very worth it's cost. It is drastically different a user experience from BBOS, especially getting used to the various gestures but it doesn't take too long and feels natural soon enough. These keys are a bit bigger than the 9900 and I was rather worried the flat rows would somehow affect my muscle memory (which is important to me because I do a lot of writing on my Berry and I average 70wpm). Well, it didn't. My typing is as fast and accurate as before if not a tad more just because of the key size.

If you're an app-tastic sort who has fun installing bunches of random apps daily just "for something to do" I can't outright recommend it, but being as you love the 9900, I'm fairly certain that from every conceivable angle, you'd not regret the upgrade. It's a serious workhorse and a pleasure to use. The performance of this device as it is now makes it crazy worth it. There's an update coming bringing even more features (like it doesn't already exceed legacy devices big time), and BlackBerry has an awful lot going on just now to be dropping off the earth anytime soon. Very safe investment, says I.
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:29 AM
    Curtis I've used BlackBerrys like you before and trust me the Q10 is THE supreme experience you have been waiting for. Not only is the Q10 sleeker and sexier of a device, the keyboard is much easier to type with. With the combined touch experience it is extremely easy to navigate from one application to one another. Each application starts in its own kernel and the system is much faster than an iphone (my brother was shocked after using his iPhone for so many users). The browser is easy to use - from navigating bookmarks to entering information using the touch screen and keyboard. It may be a bit more difficult to use than a Z10 and Z30 due to the size of the screen, but tha'ts the compromise for having a full keyboard. The next Q30 (or the equivalent model) I'm pretty sure will have a bigger screen for navigation.

The Camera is completely out of this world! Never have I used a camera so crisp in my life. It's easy to email yourself the pictures or to upload them through BlackBerry Link which shows you all the contents of your device easily. The camera has this feature where you can take pictures rapid fire. So no more waiting for that perfect shot when everyone's eyes are open or them smiling properly. Have people line up for a photo and ask them to say cheese. As they do it you can quickly take around 20 pictures within seconds. Some of them will be clearer than others and most importantly you'll find that one perfect photo (where everything is perfect). Viewing them is easy as well.

Not to mention viewing any video you want to keep (I personally love Pacific Rim as an avi - but that's just me).

The battery life is decent and I've dropped it so many times without worrying it will crack. You can also get a small cleaning pad that attahes to the back of the device that you can quickly use to clear the screen which after three months still doesn't have a single scratch. It is definitely stable however on the down side I have seen it reset when I bang it (put it down too hard for example).

I've tried using the no keyboard phones and frankly speaking it's much harder to type. The Z10 however has some state of the art word recognition software that is blowing the competition out of the water.

Why would you not choose BlackBerry, that's the better question!

At the end of the day it's really all about the apps as most people criticize.

But they are easy to customize for easy access and there's a list of them that I have found to be super useful so far. Among them are Flashlight, Gasbuddy, Facebook, Act1 Video Player, Battery Lover, Weather, Twitter, Compass, Clock/Radio/Alarm (super easy to use), Skype, Kobo, and the list continues.

There are also some great initiatives happening @ BlackBerry to get the local university community to really start developing apps for BlackBerry. Most of them easily portable from Android to BB10 in as little as 10 minutes! Meaning the company knows where their strength needs to rise and is strategically following suit.

You'll love its crisp display, it's great audio, and how slick/sleek the device is. Being able to check and write full work emails is a no brainer too! So incredibly great what the phone can do.

Is there something specific you are looking for in your phone?
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 03:30 AM
    Nothing specific, really just wanting to get everyone's views on the future of BlackBerry, which I for one, hope is a VERY bright one!
    11-30-13 08:06 PM
    This is my BlackBerry legacy lol

Future of BlackBerry-476526_3282224926887_1368645018_o.jpg
    11-30-13 08:58 PM
    BlackBerry will always support their current lineup of phones as long as the company is operating, even if they are the last consumer devices from the company and BB is doing something else.

Posted via CB10
    curtisreed07 likes this.
    11-30-13 09:06 PM