I recently got my 1st blackberry after wanting one forever and it is the most fustrating "toy" I have ever encountered!!! Someone please tell me I will figure out how to use this thing - I am SO ready to reactivate my Voyager which I now realize I loved!!! HELP!!
    05-13-09 04:58 PM
    what do you need help with?
    05-13-09 04:59 PM
    Lisa, dont get too frustrated.

Its not like a regular phone....its sort of a computer that you talk on! not like the voyager.

After you learn a bit, you'll enjoy it. It brings so much of your communication stuff together. Give it time, you'll see. Read the manual and play with it.

Basic stuff like learning about Profiles, email, ringtones, pictures, vids, calendar, texting, bb messenger, browser etc are essential and not too bad. When i first got mine, i didnt realize how different it wsa than a regular phone....now there's no way I can go back to a regular phone! Or god forbid an...{gulp} IPHONEY....

With Great Phones comes Great Learning curves! lol..

You'll see...just give it time.

Anything in particular thats giving you a problem or just the WHOLE phone!
    05-13-09 05:11 PM
    Guess it is just overwhelming right now. I just can't grasp the apps thing, the desktop manager, ect. Forget pics - I put 4 on using my desktop manager (I was so proud of myself) and then it told me the disk was full????? any ideas what's up with that?
    05-13-09 05:19 PM
    Hey Lisa I understand your frustration. But give it just a small amount of time and you'll know that thing in and out.

As far as your memory being full from pictures, it's much better to store pictures and music on a media card. You don't even need to use desktop manager for stuff like that.

Desktop manager is more for backing up your phone or installing updates on it.
    05-13-09 05:28 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Check out the BB 101 Lecture series link in my sig below for some insight into the marvelous "toy" you now have.
    05-13-09 05:44 PM
    I can't figure out how to use the memory card or how to even put it in my phone!!! But shouldn't the phone hold more than 4 pics???
    05-13-09 07:38 PM
    the slot is under the battery cover
    05-13-09 07:42 PM
    I can't figure out how to use the memory card or how to even put it in my phone!!! But shouldn't the phone hold more than 4 pics???
    Lisa, I strongly, strongly urge you to click on the link in xliderider's signature...the Blackberry 101 Lectures. They are very brief, well-written, and designed exactly with someone like you in mind.

And to answer your question, it depends on how large the picture files are. If you want to store large picture files, or a fair number of them, you will need to install a microSD card. Depending on capacity (1gb to 16gb for the 8900 I think), you can get them for anywhere from $10 to $100. It's very easy to do, too.
    05-13-09 07:44 PM
    16GB for $60 at Best But right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:54 PM
    16GB for $60 at Best But right now.

Pretty good deal...I saw one of those this week. The only problem with them is they are Class 2, so a little slow. Still a good deal. I bought a 16gb Class 6 from Newegg last week for about $55. It's in my Bold now and working like a champ. Also came with an SD and mini-SD adapter.
    05-13-09 07:57 PM
    Lisa, I strongly, strongly urge you to click on the link in xliderider's signature...the Blackberry 101 Lectures. They are very brief, well-written, and designed exactly with someone like you in mind.

And to answer your question, it depends on how large the picture files are. If you want to store large picture files, or a fair number of them, you will need to install a microSD card. Depending on capacity (1gb to 16gb for the 8900 I think), you can get them for anywhere from $10 to $100. It's very easy to do, too.
    I think he has an 8330, his profile says he has an 8900 on Verizon. That's not possible, so it's more likely that he has an 8330.
    05-13-09 08:02 PM
    Oh, I could go for that, but I try and keep it fairly simple for someone having issues when new. Once this young lady gets used to the BB, it'll be a different story. Newegg is one I watch a lot.

05-13-09 08:05 PM
    Lisa, I am on my first bb too. It takes some time to get used to but once you get used to it you'll ask yourself how you ever lived without it. Take the time to read bb101 as stated above. Crackberry is a wonderful site with friendly users who will be here to help. The best thing to do with all things when becoming frusterated is walk away for a while. Besides we wouldn't want to throw you in blackberry jail for abusing it. Much luck to you!

05-13-09 10:00 PM
    Thank you, Thank you!!! I was not able to find the remaining 101's and they are awesome!! My memory card is in and working and I got some great info!! My track ball is still ******** and I am going to take it back AGAIN to Verizon (they keep replacing it!!) but I am thinking this might not be so bad. So glad the salesgirl gave me this link!
    05-14-09 04:20 AM
    very good tip. Nice.

Thank you, Thank you!!! I was not able to find the remaining 101's and they are awesome!! My memory card is in and working and I got some great info!! My track ball is still ******** and I am going to take it back AGAIN to Verizon (they keep replacing it!!) but I am thinking this might not be so bad. So glad the salesgirl gave me this link!
    Glad you got it all sorted now.
    05-14-09 04:35 AM
    Lisa hang in there, it should become easier everyday. That 101 lecture series is worth a gold mine and now that you've read it you understand that, a great tutorial. Just some words of encouragement, hopefully you will get that trackball issue fixed as well...
    05-14-09 06:38 AM
    ... and don't ever feel funny going back and reading over the 101 series later on again. Many many times I'ved gleaned another nugget by re-reading after learning just a bit more.
    05-14-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD