A friend, whom I haven't really been talking with (and won't again), texts me out of the blue to tell me.....that he just got an iphone! That's cool with me, but what was NOT cool with me was him telling me that it's the end of Blackberry. I understand he was excited about his new phone, but it's quite rude belittling someone else's phone (especially if it's a friend). He went on and on about Blackberry's past failure, citing Apple to be a true business phone. Honestly, I felt like I was talking to a 7 year old.

It continually amazes and disgusts me how some people change drastically after buying some material good or product. If you happen to have a "friend" that has a similar personality, it may be time to update your contacts list
    Last edited by BBFXPro777; 11-21-11 at 01:27 AM.
    11-21-11 01:22 AM
    People always get caught up in something new they just bought and was probably just really excited. I'm not sure how "belittling" he was to you, but maybe he was trying to validate himself and his decision. Toys always fill a void...

11-21-11 01:39 AM
    +1 toy, -1 friend for them .. *shrugs* sorry you had to endure what seems like a very irritating moment!

I actually do know someone like this, who couldn't let me enjoy my ice cream just cause she despised the flavor of peanut butter.. I love the haagen dazs flavor chocolate peanut butter cause its got the peanut butter ribbons flowing through it.. and since she hates peanut butter she kept showing her disgust and faces and complaining about the smell as I tried to enjoy my 1 scoop. It took all my patience not to tell her to stfu and eat her ice cream. lol

I know its not a technology example but basically the same situation.
    11-21-11 01:56 AM
    You are not RIM. He wasn't insulting you personally. Take a step back.

RIM isn't doing well. It's possible they will go out of business. It's no reflection of you as a person.

Get a grip. My dad is Always bragging up his iPhone. Making fun of my going.back to BB. It's funny. I make fun of him when his iPhone bricks or he can't type. Big deal. He tells me I'm on accent technology..

He's right. Lol. The point is, it is playful banter. Unless your "friend" is really that big of an *******. In that case, pick better friends . Your friends *are a reflection of you.
    JR A, reeneebob and Blacklatino like this.
    11-21-11 02:06 AM
    A friend, whom I haven't really been talking with (and won't again), texts me out of the blue to tell me.....that he just got an iphone! That's cool with me, but what was NOT cool with me was him telling me that it's the end of Blackberry. I understand he was excited about his new phone, but it's quite rude belittling someone else's phone (especially if it's a friend). He went on and on about Blackberry's past failure, citing Apple to be a true business phone. Honestly, I felt like I was talking to a 7 year old.

It continually amazes and disgusts me how some people change drastically after buying some material good or product. If you happen to have a "friend" that has a similar personality, it may be time to update your contacts list
    Ending a friendship because he trashtalked RIM? Too much of the usual american trash drama.
    Did he even attack you personally? as in "haa you stupid ***** blackberry owner, you s*ck for having a blackberry, you are loser". Did he even got to that? please be honest.

Now, look at yourself, and your current behavior, wear it like a badge of honor that you are now a blind fanboy that bases friendship on "smartphones" arguments.

If somebody else has a friend, and is not a damned nerd, please, im begging, disregard the previous advise, do not end a friendship for just that... its utterly stupid and high schoolish.

I wonder what is the most mature choice, shutting the person and telling him you dont give a sh*t, or ending a friendship, but oh well, if you can easily end a friendship based on "smartphones" then i guess he was just an acquaintance, or there are more deeply psychological and social problems involved...

Had it been more of a personal topic like religion, politics and gotten to the point of personal insults, then sure. 100% bye bye.
    moiselles and Chrisy like this.
    11-21-11 02:18 AM

RIM isn't doing well. It's possible they will go out of business. It's no reflection of you as a person.

Get a grip. My dad is Always bragging up his iPhone. Making fun of my going.back to BB. It's funny. I make fun of him when his iPhone bricks or he can't type. Big deal. He tells me I'm on accent technology..

He's right. Lol. The point is, it is playful banter. Unless your "friend" is really that big of an *******. In that case, pick better friends . Your friends *are a reflection of you.

I don't think their issue was so much with the attacking of RIM, I think it was the whole contacting out of the blue just to say their phone is better. It makes sense about you and your dad and the back and forth playful banter, but to have a "friend" who you haven't talked to in forever call you just to brag and belittle the current phone you're using is unnecessary.
    Last edited by msmara; 11-21-11 at 02:24 AM.
    11-21-11 02:21 AM
    Again. So what? What If they would have text to brag about a new car or house or TV? What's the difference? Obviously, they were close enough to exchange phone numbers and text each other.

It's probably a couple of 12 year olds.

This is the same OP who judges women based in what phone they use. Sigh. My mom, who is extremely intelligent and down to earth, loves her iPhone.

Definitely. In addition, seeing a Blackberry-toting woman gives me the impression that the woman is very smart, highly-practical and most likely down-to-earth.

While not in all cases, I have found many woman toting iphones to be the opposite of this.
    Reading through post history, it is clear the OP has a biased against iPhone for whatever reason. So the text was a hot button issue that he over reacted to.

No. Apple products are more like toys to me than tools.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-21-11 at 02:43 AM.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-21-11 02:24 AM
    You done dug up some dirt! lol
    11-21-11 02:40 AM
    It's really annoying, having the equivalent of "my daddy makes more money than your daddy" type of conversation. I left elementary school a couple of years ago.
    I understand someone's excitement about a new phone, but I've always disliked braggarts. Especially when I know I've got the superior phone but I'm too polite to say that.
    11-21-11 03:12 AM
    I read something that cracked me up the other day while browsing Facebook. A girl I know posted about her new iPhone, and a friend of hers commented, "Want to know how to tell when someone gets an iPhone? Just wait. They'll tell you first." It's funny because it's true.

While there's some dirt on the OP here, I understand the frustration when you have that friend who gets a kick out of bugging you with topics they know will frustrate you.

I'm a typical sports fan who gets angry when my favorite teams lose. Not the raging type, but frustrated nonetheless. I have this one friend who I've known for years, and was never a huge sports fan, make it his business to send me LOL texts after the team whose bandwagon he's riding beats my preferred squad. To me, that's not playful banter -- that's being an a-hole.

That applies to technology, too. If your friend isn't tech savvy, but adamant about defending a purchase while insulting the product you own, that's grounds for an argument -- because it's confrontational by nature. It may not sound that serious to some, but if you're passionate about anything, you don't want your buttons pushed. A challenge feels like an insult sometimes.

People are passionate about different things. And that one person you know, who reaches out to pour listerine in your wounds, can be a pain.

As for that dug up post about dumb girls carrying iPhones (paraphrased) -- whatever, man. My girlfriend and I have a family Sprint plan. She has an iPhone 4S and I have my 9930. She's the same girl she was when we met and we were both using the 8700. In fact, more educated now with a degree and a career. So boo @ that nonsense.
    Last edited by Amen; 11-21-11 at 03:37 AM.
    11-21-11 03:24 AM
    The Facebook comment is so true! LOL
    11-21-11 03:30 AM
    I am a fanboy of practicality, not phones. I could care less if RIM went down. After learning from network advisers about how to efficiently implement any phone for my business, I can use any phone I want. So why Blackberry? It's an easy choice - it's ready out of the box for my business. No need to send it to a third-party vendor in prepping it for my needs. This saves me tons of time and money - period. (Nice try chrisy with quoting the outdated posts - you may want to re-evaluate yourself, especially how to use your time more productively).

As an added note, I been steadily moving away from this "friend" for sometime. While my business and other agendas have made me busier, this guy has been growing into a total ****. Today's conversation seems to have validated and finalized my negative observation on him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 03:41 AM
    Well, at least you know now, and can make a good choice for you.
    11-21-11 03:43 AM

As an added note, I been steadily moving away from this "friend" for sometime. While my business and other agendas have made me busier, this guy has been growing into a total ****. Today's conversation seems to have validated and finalized my negative observation on him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Me too with my ice cream friend.. I've decided I'm going to stop traveling with her.. she put a real damper on our last trip.
    11-21-11 04:33 AM
    Just another person in a glass house throwing rocks. The OP His comment on women with BB is pretty sexist if you ask me. The OP has an opinion he wants heard but his friends opinion doesn't count? Pretty hypocritical. Good job chrisy.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-21-11 at 08:59 AM.
    11-21-11 05:52 AM

You do realize that this forum is filled with Apple bashers and Droid haters, right? It's the same thing.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 08:35 AM
    Pressing world issues:

*Hunger
    *Nuclear proliferation
    *Friends dropping BB in favor of iPhone
    *Flooding in Asia
    *Conservation efforts.

OP... it ain't that serious. For real.
    11-21-11 08:46 AM
    My husband used to pick on me all the time for having a BlackBerry. Did I divorce him because of that? No.

My bestfriend ditched BlackBerry for Android, I didn't cut her out of my life.

It's a phone. Move on. People come first.

I realize you've been moving away from this friend for sometime for whatever reason, but good friends (if this person was "good" at some point) are hard to find when you hit adulthood. I hang on to the ones I have because they are important to me.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-21-11 at 09:22 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 09:17 AM

You get your 9650 yet? Its still showing thinderbolt?
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 09:23 AM
    My husband used to pick on me all the time for having a BlackBerry. Did I divorce him because of that? No.

My bestfriend ditched BlackBerry for Android, I didn't cut her out of my life.

It's a phone. Move on. People come first.

I realize you've been moving away from this friend for sometime for whatever reason, but good friends (if this person was "good" at some point) are hard to find when you hit adulthood. I hang on to the ones I have because they are important to me.
    I routinely restructure my life based upon what device friend a person carries. In fact, I refuse to speak to you, moiselles, you iphone carrying unsmart woman!

My goldfish once wagged it's tail at an iPhone. I immediately sold it to a sushi joint...
    11-21-11 09:33 AM
    Pressing world issues:

*Hunger
    *Nuclear proliferation
    *Friends dropping BB in favor of iPhone
    *Flooding in Asia
    *Conservation efforts.

OP... it ain't that serious. For real.
    Outstanding post!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-21-11 09:41 AM
    Its simple as of your choice and I feel you did right. The main problem today is people purchase things not for use, but for wealth, to show off what they can afford. I have heard so many times of people buying the Iphone 4S and they have no understanding of what they bought or even needed it, but they wanted to show off that they can afford a new phone.
    I myself purchased the 9900 and it helps me everyday, especially being a college student. I email my professors about my grades and get school emails upon the second, I have and use my BB to the best of my knowledge. I get tired at BB users who talk **** about how boring BB is and don't even know how to use their BB, half of these users probably don't even know how to update their phone and I get amazed when I ask friends have you updated your OS and they ask, what's an OS "Face Palm"

I blame it on stupidity and immaturity, people prefer what they prefer and don't like what they don't like for reasons. I myself dislike Apple cause of the ecosystem they create, they have an amazing marketing scheme I refuse to fall trap to.
    ADFXPro777 likes this.
    11-21-11 03:49 PM
    All new phones cost about the same. $199-$250 range. Not sure how that shows ones wealth. Besides, I love getting a free phone!
    11-21-11 04:37 PM
    All new phones cost about the same. $199-$250 range. Not sure how that shows ones wealth. Besides, I love getting a free phone!
    Uhhhhh on a contract? right? Cause that price seems rather low...lol
    11-21-11 04:38 PM
    On a contract. Off contracts varies a lot!
    11-21-11 04:40 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD